The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Dancing Hank (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
I’m working on a Dancing Hank routine. Not just the little guy, the version with the table and multiple hanks - like Lance Burton use to do. I'm having the hardest time trying to find some music for it. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Mike
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1037 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Is this the Ralph Adams version you are speaking about? If so, wouldn't it be nice without music, or am I wrong?
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
I would suggest you might try something classical with some zip. Or maybe a dance tune...for a dancing hanky. The Twist, the polka...what the heck.

quack
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
How about the title from Flashdance or Dirty dancing.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1159 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I am currently trying to choreograph it to Sing, Sing, Sing....Nice big band jazz sound
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
Kazaa (www.kazaa.com) is a great source for every type of music you can imagine. Also, if you want to get custom music made for you, I can recommend someone, if you are interested pm me. However, you may find more variety with a source like kazaa.
Zaubern Smile
Luis Sirgado
View Profile
New user
Portugal
90 Posts

Profile of Luis Sirgado
Use some classic music, I saw a magician that uses this kind of music in the dancing hank and it looks great
"One of the greatest accomplishments of magicians in the last century is the ability to take something inherently profound and render it trivial."

-Max Maven-
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
Hi Mike,

Check out some of Joe Satriani's instrumental slower tracks..its modern and has some excellent moments. Try 'I believe' from The Flying in a blue Dream Album...just makes a change to following suit and using classical music.

Regards

Mark
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
Quote:
On 2003-09-17 18:24, zaubern wrote:
Kazaa (www.kazaa.com) is a great source for every type of music you can imagine.
Before doing this, I'd make sure that any downloaded music isn't used without proper recompense to it's creator.

Not to mention that the RIAA is now suing normal people for using Kazaa.
boblinds
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
111 Posts

Profile of boblinds
If you decide to go for classical music, you might check out http://www.naxos.com

You can listen to streaming audio samples of their albums there. It's an incredibly handy resource for browsing the classics.
Chris Aguilar
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of Chris Aguilar
A question about the dancing hank.

Is the version that Blackstone Jr. used to perform sold commercially.

It's easily my favorite version.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6772 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Mark,

Gotta go with Joe Satriani, as the "Surfing With The Alien" CD has a song called, "Always With Me, Always With You", that would fit Dancing Hank nicely...

And thanks, Mark! You just gave me a great idea...(shuffling off, rubbing hands together, insane gleam in the eye...cackling like a mad scientist...) Smile

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Dancing Hank (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL