The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Anyone know a source for a "modified"-Juggling Chainsaw (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Elton Litzner
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Elton Litzner
I know Juggleart used to manufacture a -Jugglingchainsaw, I've tried to reach them by email and phone and have got no responce. Anyine have any info our sources that I might be able to obtain one of these. PM me with details thanks.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Martin_Ling
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
Good eye, Critter! Good eye.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
...or you could do it for real.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Elton Litzner
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Elton Litzner
Critter- that's the one I was looking at. I have heard of people making thir own, but don't know if I trust myself for that

Nippillini- I am sure Enigma does it for real, I've seen him and Serena do it on you tube, and its really cool. (but I'm thinking of doing it with a volunteer, not sure I trust an audience member that much)
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
Safer to stick to stuffed animals and silks...
~Will Rogers
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2012-01-07 09:17, thegreatnippulini wrote:
...or you could do it for real.

I'm confused. How is it not real by using the above mentioned prop?
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Martin_Ling
I think he is speaking of the mentioned gaffed "demo" blade. My confusion is are you planning on doing Enigmas Kiss of Death with gaffed blade or juggling a chainsaw?
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Yeah you're talking about to very different things, one of which is kind of a trademark act for enigma and not gaffed in the least or using a juggling chainsaw. Juggling chainsaws aren't really gaffed either per se.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Just to clarify that chainsaw is not going to allow you do kiss of death or a version of it as far as I've seen. Donny Vomit used to have one (might still, I know there were some problems with it) and I've taken a look at it before (he's on here sometimes but hasn't been in quite a while so not sure he'll see this thread) If anything the way the chain on it is made might make it more difficult and give away the fact that it isn't a legit chainsaw chain. Plus normal chainsaws are waaaaaay cheaper then $900
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

I worked with Mario Ferreria (chainsaw juggler out of Las Vegas) in Turkey. We arrived at the airport at the same time. His chainsaws had a ton of paperwork and clearance issues with customs. I watched him set up at the studio, preparing and asssembling each saw. His chainsaws are 100% legitimate, non-gaffed, un-modified I can guarantee as I witnessed them. Part of most chainsaw juggling acts is the "proof" portion where the saws are used to cut wood or something (meat if you want to get gruesome). I don't know where folks are getting the idea that Enigma owns the chainsaw juggle or the Kiss of Death. Both were invented shortly after the invention of the handheld gasoline powered chainsaw.

My only point from my original post remains: ...why not just do it for real? If not, while you're at it, I'll sell you a collapsing BH nail, a roll up SWSW sword, some silicone "glass" to walk on, a rubber tongue for Iron tongue lifts, etc etc.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2582 Posts

Just got off the phone with Mario. There is one MAJOR modification necessary for juggling saws...... the handles. Without the engines running, there is a loss of centrifugal forces that make the juggling more handleable. Otherwise, it is a VERY dangerous stunt to attempt.
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I bought a small chainsaw years ago. Had a machinist put a handle on it. I was going to have another juggler use it in the show as I had plenty of routines. He threw it in the air, it slipped out of his hand hit the ground and where the handle was mounted right off and was not repairable. UHG. A couple of hundred bucks waisted.

Michael Goudeau has spent thousands+ of dollars perfecting his. He told me years ago the process he went through before he came up with the best way for him. Lot of time and money went into developing it until he can now have one made reasonably. But he aint' selling them. Weight is a big issue. If you like your rotator cuff you will want to rethink this prop.
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
A few ways you can gaff a real chainsaw, some people with grind off the teeth of a real chain thus leaving a bicycle style chain on. You can disengage the chain entirely so that it will not spin or simply not have the trigger held down when you are juggling them. Grinding the teeth off is pretty common, you can still show it is real by demonstrating it on fruit or balsa wood, it will still cut right through it. The most difficult part is putting a good handle in the right spot and securely. They can be one of the biggest pain in the ass props you have, especially if you fly to a lot of gigs.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
I guess the big question still is, what is the chainsaw being used for Smile
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Making bbq in texas of course
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
I thought that's what a katana was for.
~Will Rogers
Drosselmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
West Hollywood, CA
113 Posts

Profile of Drosselmeyer
The only Gaffing I can think is necessary is defeating all of the standard safety features in a modern chain saw so that the throttle can be pegged and the chain keeps moving when your hand is not actually holding onto the handle!
Regards,

--Drosselmeyer
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Quote:
On 2012-01-08 08:21, Danny Borneo wrote:
Yeah you're talking about to very different things, one of which is kind of a trademark act for enigma and not gaffed in the least or using a juggling chainsaw. Juggling chainsaws aren't really gaffed either per se.

I know another performer, that does something similar with a chain saw, and an apple in an audience members mouth. And I know that he's been doing it for many years.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
Jim Rose? lmao
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Anyone know a source for a "modified"-Juggling Chainsaw (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL