The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Vanishing the glass after coins to glass (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
I am looking for a method to vanish a small glass after doing a coins to glass routine. I will be standing, with no servant. Any ideas?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Are you going to be wearing a coat? You could always use a Topit and vanish it in a silk hank! It could look even better if you had a double hank and a round piece of Plexiglass sewed in the middle of it!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
Ammar has an excellent sleight of hand method using an ungimmicked silk and a stemmed glass in "The Magic of Michael Ammar" book. It doesn't use a topit. You need somewhere to ditch the silk and glass - a hat is recommended but any kind of hat sized box or bag would work, or maybe even a large pouch or pocket, like an overcoat pocket, large inside jacket pocket, cargo pants pocket, pouch or man bag. I think it's also on the "Magic of Michael Ammar" 4 DVD set, on the first volume.
Otherwise, Topit and hank sounds good.
Also, might be worth considering something like Abbott's "Squash" if you're using a shot glass - it was a very popular effect in its day. I'd worry about reliability though.

After doing something like the coins to glass, I think the Ammar method feels elegant and "right". Ammar credits the idea to Tony Miller and Brian Congrove.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ask Rannie Raymundo he haS AKILLER EFFECT
VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
If you consider the Topit and Hank solution, consider borrowing the handkerchief and have the disc of plexiglass in your tie (lifting the disc in the tie under the hanky as the the glass is tossed in the topit). Thus you can fool any magician around. (not my idea unfortunately but a great idea to be credited to the French magician Duraty.)
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Lawrence

Thanks for sharing that is an excellent idea.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The idea should be credited to the French magician Duraty and is in his new book published by Lybrary.com

Roy W. Eidem stated in Facebook after buying the book:

"I recently got back from an extended road trip. I took with me as my companion to read Duraty's "Irresistible Close Up Magic." What an extremely delightful collection and cornucopia of real world magic gleaned from decades of experience! It is difficult to pick a favorite: rings, coins, bills, balls, nuts & bolts, ropes, Okito box, match box, glasses, business cards, tiny light bulbs, and more. No cards, no fillers. Every magician will happily learn more about the art they love by reading this wonderful book!"
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2012, Lawrence O wrote:
If you consider the Topit and Hank solution, consider borrowing the handkerchief and have the disc of plexiglass in your tie (lifting the disc in the tie under the hanky as the the glass is tossed in the topit).

A brass ring might work too.

Doug
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Greece
637 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
Etienne,

I remember the tie thing was used by the late, great Jimmy Rogers, only he had a coin (old penny) fastened to his tie. He used it as a bar bet, getting the spectator to hold the coin through a hanky and try and drop it into a glass he had placed on the floor.

How simple life was!

Kindest regards btw,
Alan
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2012, Head Case wrote:
I am looking for a method to vanish a small glass after doing a coins to glass routine. I will be standing, with no servant. Any ideas?

If you're going for a kicker ending you will likely overshadow the coin trick by doing that.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Vanishing the glass after coins to glass (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL