The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Mouth Coils (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

steve_seguin
View Profile
New user
London, Ontario
70 Posts

Profile of steve_seguin
Hi,

Can anyone give me any information on making my own mouth coils?

Steve Seguin
London, Ontario
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
543 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Steve,

Send me your physical address and I will make a copy of the instructions from my old lecture notes on making mouth coils, hat tears and snowstorm units. These notes are from 25 years ago and out of print, but I don't mind making a copy of the pages that give the details for you. I'll airmail them to you as soon as I get your address.

All the Best
Marty
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
You could get calculator rolls, and someone with a band saw can make cheap coil rings -not necessarily mouth coils, even though smaller calculator coils could be used.
Dennis Michael
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Would there be any danger of paper cuts using calculator rolls?

Sorry for sounding like a big girl's blouse but those things sting!
Dennis Michael.
View Profile
Regular user
Denver, CO
103 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael.
I've rolled my own with colored tissue papers.

..Ah...I think you know what I mean (Dude):kewl:

Anyhow. It seems to me that for the sake of time investment to actual cost...it's just better to buy them.

Dennis

Ps. A big girls blouse...? That's funny!
I'm Back

Dennis Michael
Denver Colorado
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
Some of the calculator rolls are coated so you really want to be careful what you put in your mouth. I would strongly recommend getting something from a party supply house that is multicolored.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I make mine for special color sets that I might need, white for "icicles" Green only for plant vines, tri-color for Cinco de Mayo, etc.

I also do not handle the big ones well, so this lets me make a size I do not choke on! I find making the final cut works best with a nice sharp new utility knife, I can set the point at the right spot and not try to put the brakes on with scissors. Smile
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Using tissue paper makes sense to me. Calculator paper is very hard, not very pretty, and heavy. I agree with Dennis. I just buy it for mouth coils. Other items like for snowstorm often have to be custom made anyway. Some of my spring flowers I have made myself and I was better satisfied with them than with the ones I've bought. I have especially been disappointed with the newer mylar spring flowers and balls at any price. The cheaper ones are better than the expensive ones. That is not much of a recommendation for any of them.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Mouth Coils (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL