The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » January 2012 issue of MUM is terrific! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I was super impressed by the 2012 issue of MUM. I subscribe to all the magic magazines- sometimes they are top heavy on cards and coins it seems.

The most recent issue of MUM is loaded with new features- and these are going to be continued which is terrific. Specifically, Levent is now writing every issue on stage magic- he brings much to the table and no doubt will be a helpful learning source in every column he writes (I do Gospel magic programs usually for 50+ in the audience). I thought the product reviews were entertaining to read (especially by Payne), even if I had no interest in the item itself. Rod Daneilewicz too will be focusing on performance "the sizzle" issues for the "paid amateur" such as myself. And the Ken Kloosterman collection looks AMAZING- will be great to read more about that in the months ahead.

Great job Editor Michael Close, well done. Roger from http://www.ChristianMagician.org and member of SAM, IBM, FCM, SBM and who knows what else.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
336 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Michael Close has done wonders with the magazine. He is to be commended.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1672 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
The loss of Paul Osburn's plans and discontinuing of "Basic Training" was a real downer though, they were two real high points.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I'll miss Paul's plans too.
Mister Mystery
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
566 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
The decision to wind up Basic Training was all mine. On one hand, I felt that I had covered most of the topics that would fit in with the 'beginner's magic' remit, and it was taking up way too much of my time. I'd like to think that Mike would have kept me on for another year had I wanted to, but the end was in sight last summer.

I'm happy that people did enjoy the columns, it makes it all worthwhile. I enjoy getting the mag every month, and I'm really looking forward to Levent's stage series. Lots to learn there Smile

I'm really proud to have been part of the MUM family, especially as I'm just another bloke from Scotland. I hope you like my new column when it kicks off in the spring.
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
646 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
Quote:
On 2012-01-11 14:30, IanKendall wrote:I hope you like my new column when it kicks off in the spring.

Looking forward to it Ian. Can you give us a hint of what it will be about?

Glenn
Glenn Hester

P.O. Box 3095

Brunswick, Ga. 31521

912-571-8071

www.policemagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/PoliceMagic
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
566 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
It's based on the Magic of Scotland - routines from some of the best Scottish magicians (I understand there was a similar column a while back on Asian magic?)

For the first column I've got an unpublished Roy Walton trick, which will be nice Smile
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
I have a quick question , I have joined SAM paperless version

I have had the confirmation email but can't see how to view this without
a membership card so wanted to check is this sent via post or a separate
Email ?

Thanks

Martin
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1672 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2012-01-11 14:30, IanKendall wrote:
The decision to wind up Basic Training was all mine. On one hand, I felt that I had covered most of the topics that would fit in with the 'beginner's magic' remit, and it was taking up way too much of my time. I'd like to think that Mike would have kept me on for another year had I wanted to, but the end was in sight last summer.

I'm happy that people did enjoy the columns, it makes it all worthwhile. I enjoy getting the mag every month, and I'm really looking forward to Levent's stage series. Lots to learn there Smile

I'm really proud to have been part of the MUM family, especially as I'm just another bloke from Scotland. I hope you like my new column when it kicks off in the spring.
I'm looking forward to the new book. I will likely be the new Tarbell.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Michael Close consistantly finds great writers! I get them all, but MUM is my favorite.

Thanks Ian - you have been a great teacher.

With the paperless option (or the paper option too) you will be able to not only view the current MUM, but also the issues from the past 3 years!!! I'm sure your new member number will arrive soon. You can contact the National Administrator if it does not arrive within the next week - samadministrator@magicsam.com

Mark Weidhaas
SAM National President, 2010-11
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » January 2012 issue of MUM is terrific! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL