The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Big Kahuna and the coin-op museum ??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
154 Posts

Profile of joe faro
Can you tell us about the Coin-op Museum?
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Yup! I certainly can....
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Here is a Picture of the "Red Unit". I built two units in late 2010. The most expensive part is the coin op timer itself. I searched high and low for the proper unit. It is the same type used for Kiddee Rides. The only issue is the timing. There is a 5 sec dipole that actually translates to around ten second. That means I usually have one pay and two people looking at the object. But then again, there is no heat because of the "extra" viewing. It is not a big money maker, but there are days I am surprised. The top panel artwork incorporates a copy of Johnny Meah's original artwork that I am using with his permission. These Units are just a holding pattern until I can "roll out" my latest ideas which may incorporate some of the lessons I learned with the smaller units.

Click here to view attached image.
joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
154 Posts

Profile of joe faro
I talked to you last spring about the "Love Testers" I make. One of the machines I bought uses a Monarch coin slide,a micro switch and a timer you can buy from Granger Supply to run the light. It would be a lot cheeper than the Kiddie timer. I'll try to find the Granger part number for you.
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Thanks
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
The coin timer unit I found currently runs around $175 and includes the lock box, etc... I checked out the Granger site and so far, could only find timers with a one minute minimum setting. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?
Eric Brown
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Eric Brown
Jeff, let me know what you think of your new little creature when he gets there, he's on his way!
Visit www.CreatureSeekerStudios.com for pickled punks and custom sideshow exhibits.
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Excellent, everyone needs a new creature for the new year!
joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
154 Posts

Profile of joe faro
Jeff, I finaly had time to look at the timers. The ones in the machines I bought are a Dayton #6X153G and they need a socket to plug into. When I went to the Granger site ,it wouldn't bring up the part number so I searched under Dayton solid state timer and it looks like they have a lot better choice now. Item #6A857 looks good,it will run 120VAC from .5 to 10 seconds and cost $34.25. The last time I ordered coin mecks they cost me $45 ea.from Monarchcoin.com but you can find used ones on E-bay a lot cheaper. I use a micro switch at the end of the coin slide and it trigers the timer that runs the lights on a Love Tester but it could just run a light inside your viewer. Do you use an eye piece or just a window? Hope this helps.
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
I use a porthole of sorts for viewing. Thanks for the tip on the timer...interesting indeed!
joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
154 Posts

Profile of joe faro
I can't read the sign in your picture. What does it say and can you give us a hint whats inside?
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Sent you an email Joe...I think it is what you are looking for.
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
As to what has been in it, well I have had Otis, my shrunken head, A Higley or two and Morris and Bob, by two headed Rooster. I like to switch things in and out during the run of a show to keep things "Fresh".
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Wow,,,did I miss something here!!! Or have the drugs kicked in a little early ????

Think I got more than a minet from viewing the weird thing in your coin op that time,,,maybe your offering too much for too little!!! Get me drift Abigkahuna.

Off to have a rest !!

Ken.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Come to think about it is this guy a flanker or more than likely it should be a w****r !!!!
Could stick him in my show Im short of a freak this year but could be he would frighten the kids too much.

Ken.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Big Kahuna and the coin-op museum ??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL