The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Stage names, are they passé? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Patr!ck
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Patr!ck
Quote:
On 2012-01-11 14:21, mastermindreader wrote:
For a guy I imagine that would be spelled "Nicky." Maybe they're subtly suggesting that you would do well performing in drag. Smile

That opens a new crop of opportunities ^^
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I think Decomposed fits me and mentalism. With 2012,high end corporations should like it also. Great sounding name for after dinner entertainment. Great name for those in audience who want to lose weight I might add.
XerxX
View Profile
New user
I hope I'll make more than
78 Posts

Profile of XerxX
An excerpt from a post in my introduction thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=42&10

I use the handle "XerxX" because it's a rather well-known name, actually nation-wide, in Sweden.
I've been a crusiverbalist (retired in Jan) for several popular magazines for many years, and that was the name I used. And according to mails and letters to those magazines, I was quite a good one also.

My business is named that way, also with the capital "X" at the end thus giving me a registred trademark/logotype of a sort.
My (former business-)website is named xerxx.se and registred to my company.

So I saw no reason why I should not use that name when I now plan to take up magic...
Many people recognise it in a positive way - why not take advantage of that?
I even created a special logotype for this new, magic, XerxX.

Best regards,
XerxX
2013-01-25: Returning after a loong absence...
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
509 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Ventman

"Hopefully you choose something that isn't hokey (however if someone had mentioned the stage name "Lady Ga Ga", 50 Cent, Usher, etc.... 20 years ago, they would have been laughed off the planet)."

Usher's real name is Usher Terry Raymond IV.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usher_(entertainer)
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I still like Silly Billy.

:kewl:
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Hmm, cruciverbalist, you say? I prefer Sudoku, myself. Smile Alright, I’ll admit I had to look it up! But I like it.

One of the things I sort of informally promise in my shows is that you will learn at least four new words you’ve never heard before, and at least one of them you will use in a conversation tomorrow. Sounds like you’ve got a great handle on something fun to do with your audience.

I could also envision one person solving a simple puzzle, the answers to which match the notes written secretly by another audience member. You could call it “Crossed Purposes” by XerxX. I’d buy it. Smile

(Belated) Welcome to the Café!
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
XerxX
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of XerxX
Hello DWRackley,

Thanks for your welcome!
And I admit that I use that word just for fun. I learnt it from a lady who checked my "cruciverbalistic" work. She learned it when she wrote the Swedish subtitles for "All Abbout Sam" w/ Sandra Bullock as a cruciverbalist.

I like your "Crossed Purposes" idea! Smile Really. I'll PM you...

And Yes: I'm sorry for the misspelling (cruSiverbalist) in the above post. Too bad for such a one - but it's a foreign language. I hope you excuse me.

Best regards,
XerxX
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Maybe I should change my name to John Smith.
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Anybody here remember CB radios? It was the wave of the future in the 1970s. My handle was “Mister Houdini”. When I started doing magic shows, I tried to use that. It didn’t fly. Then I tried “Who-Donny”. Ok, I was 16, give me a break.
“The Magic of Donovan” actually had a pretty good run, but most people figured out that wasn’t my real name.

This is the first time I’ve had the opportunity AND the motivation to hit it full guns. Donatelli has been good for almost a year, AND is getting some small amount of recognition. We’ll what happens.

I genuinely do not like my name. It’s not hard to pronounce, but most people make it harder than it is. In addition, I always hated it when the school bullies wanted to call me up; “Hey R******” right before a tussle can leave permanent marks, you know?

Hey, I’ve got a great idea. You write stage names onto two different bottles, cover them with tubes, then say “Passe Passe”.

http://www.magicgeek.com/passe-passe-bottles-1687.html
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
This would be a good name for one of you mentalist...(taken from a old show)! Smile

" MAX HEADROOM " It was taken from Maximum Headroom!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 03:04, Godzilla wrote:
This would be a good name for one of you mentalist...(taken from a old show)! Smile

Who would have guessed?

:eek:
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 03:13, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 03:04, Godzilla wrote:

Who would have guessed?

A PSYCHIC ! Smile

:eek:
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Somebody asked me why I was encouraging people to grab a Youtube ID and Channel name now. The reason is that video is becoming an increasingly important part of promoting yourself on the internet. At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week, Youtube said that it logged a trillion hits in 2011 and predicted that 90% of ALL web traffic will be video. The importance of web video will only grow as products like Google TV become a part of daily life and people surf the web with their televisions.

Since you will likely be creating promotional videos in the near future (if you're not already doing it) it is a good idea to take a couple of minutes to establish your brand name on Youtube now before it becomes more difficult.

Here's a link to read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/t......ory.html
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 10:14, XerxX wrote:
An excerpt from a post in my introduction thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=42&10

I use the handle "XerxX" because it's a rather well-known name, actually nation-wide, in Sweden.

Best regards,
XerxX

Forgive my ignorance, but exactly how is XerxX pronounced? The best I can come up with is Egg-zerks-Ex. Egg-zer-ex-ex?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
XerxX
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of XerxX
Hi Tom,

Yes I absolutely forgive your ignorance!
LOL!

I pronounce it like "kserks-eks" (the "e"s like in "check").
It's based on Xerxes but I added the last X to make a name containing lots of "X".
The sign(?) "X" can be a "kryss" in Swedish (a "cross" in English?).
And a "kryss" is also another word for a crossword puzzle (Swedish "korsord").

So there's a lot of "kryss" in both my name and production.
During those days...

Now it's in my "entertainment-logo"...

Best regards,
XerxX

Click here to view attached image.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Thanks! I love the glyph, by the way. It's very well done.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Stage names, are they passé? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL