The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Luna Performance? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hey,i recently purchased luna 1935 and am waiting for it to arrive in the post.today I just finished reading the so dark manual and was wondering does anyone have a video of themselves performing luna? I would give anything to see a performance of this!! Last night I was checking out colney hatch on the internet and it turns out that it's about 20 mins away from me so definitely gonna check it out as I think there is still some part of it still there.will take some pics and post them on here.....

Kieran
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
It is all still there. It has been remodeled into high-end flats. Enjoy!
Phasmologist
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
After a long period of decline the hospital closed in 1993 and the building was converted into luxury flats under the name princess park manor.while much of the hospitals grounds were also sold off for building, much also remains in public hands and is accessible to anyone.....colney hatch here I come!

Kieran
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Post some pics when you go!
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Anyone Want to come with me,im too scared to go on my own! Smile

Kieran
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
I just received the trilogy about a week and a half ago. still waiting on my key box. Its funny I have read on here of several people already reading through their so dark manual and other manuals while waiting for thier books. Rick didn't send me mine till I had the books in hand.
TJ Halford

"Imagine what is Possible"
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Which is really no big deal. My bored mind just catch's little things like that. =)
TJ Halford

Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I do prefer to wait until the buyer has the books in hand. It would be like having the instructions to a model of an Aircraft Carrier, but not having the parts in front of you Smile

Kieran is in the U.K. so I did give him a head start while he waits for delivery of the book.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
I wrote So Dark for LUNA and the two performance manuals for PHANTOMS and DarkSpell specifically to be read while you are waiting for the books to arrive. So after you order, have Rick send them to you by email attachment. You can be practicing and preparing to perform once the props (books) are delivered.
Phasmologist
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
I totally agree with you Rick. that is a good way to do it. Being new to this genre, they are more complex than I was expecting, but well worth the work. It is a lot eadier to understand with the books in hand. I had just noticed that and it struck my curiosity

cant wait to hear your ideas on our discussion the other day
TJ Halford

dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I always perform Luna wearing a strait-jacket which after doing the reading I froth at the mouth, and escape from my binds and attack audience members!
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Lol. sounds like a fun time for all
TJ Halford

Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 15:05, dennfox wrote:
I always perform Luna wearing a strait-jacket which after doing the reading I froth at the mouth, and escape from my binds and attack audience members!

I always take my strait-jacket off ,so I can perform luna...I froth at the mouth before doing,and encourage the audience to attack me!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 14:08, Roth wrote:
It would be like having the instructions to a model of an Aircraft Carrier, but not having the parts in front of you Smile

There it is, the next Outlaw product. The do it yourself "USS Philadelphia experiment" (Kit includes invisible parts, assembly required). Smile
Bob
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Hi All,

I got my Luna Hardcover books a few days ago and I am just thrilled.

Clearly the book binders back at the turn of the century put a lot more effort into time and materials than they do today, even if the book was just a patient registry. Sewn bindings, heavy boards, cloth covers, and high grade paper. My copies have deteriorated quite a bit since the original printing, and have clearly seen lots of action, but will certainly hold up well enough to visit the stories there.

I also built an automated tester for each year with the "in" questions and scoring on the revelations. The link to this web application is on the Outlaw Forum. Not that the memory work is that hard, but this is a great way to gain some confidence or brush up before a performance, especially if you plan to handle all three books.

Thanks Rick and All Involved in creating this classic of magic!
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Luna is my absolute favorite effect for small groups. It's simply the perfect blending of storytelling, atmosphere and mentalism. Some presentations have actually had spectators in tears. Well performed, Luna is simply utterly perfect.

When we were in London a while back, I actually talked my host into taking us to see Colney Hatch. He used to live in the area and passed through it every day on his way to school. I've since developed a PowerPoint of photos taken there, backed up with his narrative on what it was like then.

It's not spooky at all now, by the way. There is supposed to be a cemetery where the inmates were buried, but we couldn't find it. I took some photos and posted one on this site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/41659872@N0......tostream

Since my intention was to use the photos in a PowerPoint that runs just prior to my Luna presentation, I needed to make the place look spooky. But it's simply Photoshop.

Still -- go and have a look. I really enjoyed it...and there's no doubt that having been there added a certain resonance to my performance.

You've chosen a wonderful prop. You're going to greatly enjoy using it!

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
"It's not spooky at all now, by the way. There is supposed to be a cemetery where the inmates were buried, but we couldn't find it."

It's still there David, the area behind the sales office and bordered by the old mortuary--which was the first building sold for conversion to living quarters-!-wonder what his dreams are like? But I agree with you, it does not feel evil or spooky there, rather tranquil and calm really, but sad.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Does Anyone have a video of themselves performing luna?
Would murder my other half just to see a performance of it!!!

Kieran
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Yes, But it is not pretty! Many audience member are mortally wounded! However I believe someone put their Luna performance on Youtube a few years ago and I think it's still there!
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I've Tried searching for it on youtube but can't find it Smile

Kieran
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Luna Performance? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL