The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Luna Performance? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi Aligator! Yeah, 15 - 20 minutes to perform L*n@ 1935 & '36.

Most of the pre-show is taken telling the story of Middlesex County Mental Institution. Pictures and artifacts help with this a lot. I did it using just the three books. I just sort of 'randomly' handed one to my sister and one to her husband without drawing too much attention to them.

I hammed it up, though! I got real serious about the insane man. The girl next door was SO disturbed about him, I was overwhelmed and had to sit down for a few. Then I did the Aggressive Man. He is in the room next to the Insane Woman. That really got my brother-in-law! I described them both, and their age and when they were admitted.

My sister and her husband were arguing later that night. I stood outside their door and listened. He said, "I'll never think the same of him again. I had no idea he could do that! Ya think he might be possessed?" My sister shot back, "Of course not! But that...that was bizarre! Ya see this stuff on TV but this was right here, right in front of us!"

My other sister would not talk about it the next day. Her husband said I scared her. He, however, was delighted! "If we could have that kind of performance every night at our house, we would not use the TV!" So, just 1935 & '36 were extremely successful Saturday night. Now, I gotta get my 1934 in the mix, and then P*@rly G@tes arrives later this month.

I had no idea this was so HUGE! I hope to Gawd I don't see this on YouTube or eBay! You will never find these three books in a magic shop, though! That is one reason I sprung the $200 for this. These books (and I imagine PG) are worth a fortune! And to think it all started when I clicked the L*n@ billboard banner at the top of Tricks & Effects forum! That sweet-lookin' goth girl did it! Life will never be the same...

Doug
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Now you know what I am talking about brother! the problem now is going to be "how do I top that " you know they will ask you to perform again and you do not want to take lun@ there again. its time to broaden your repertoire. if you would like to have some ideas to think about hit me up and I will point you to some hard hitting gems.

I cried when I saw 1934 on the bid site.....
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
What's worse is seeing it performed on YouTube...
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
Quote:
On 2012-10-02 01:28, spookyone wrote:
What's worse is seeing it performed on YouTube...

No...?!
The Epiphany Before Christmas: this day (12/23/13) I leave the Café for good!
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
I just did a youtube search for Luna and got a bunch of music videos. I did a youtube search of Colney Hatch and got a bunch of weird stuff including video of the new condos.

Did not get any Luna performances.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
Heaven and its purrly gates be praised!
The Epiphany Before Christmas: this day (12/23/13) I leave the Café for good!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
That's why, when dicussing these peformances we code them "L*n@", "P*@rly G@tes", "C0ln*y H@tch" etc...it stalls the Google engine. Yeah, we've been lucky. Who would sell 1934 on eBay? That makes no sense. I'd be surprised if someone bought it. Then again... Smile

Doug
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
It pays to be careful. For those who have come on of late, there were serious problems with this in the past. Good to see that same appears to have been eradicated.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
WOW,when you click on the add picture,it pops the add up and a bunch of photos with CHMH plastered all over,and the book covers! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Sounds like deliberate sabotage to me!!!
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
OKay, I can't find the video any more. Maybe it's on private? I could be misremembering, the person who posted it is a member here. So maybe it's protected, in which case--phew because it didn't really seem the best setting for it (no offense to the performer).

However, a google search for "C0ln3y h@tch magic trick" has this forum in the top results for me. Smile
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
That performance video was removed from youtube.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Quote:
On 2012-10-03 13:06, spookyone wrote:
OKay, I can't find the video any more. Maybe it's on private? I could be misremembering, the person who posted it is a member here. So maybe it's protected, in which case--phew because it didn't really seem the best setting for it (no offense to the performer).

However, a google search for "C0ln3y h@tch magic trick" has this forum in the top results for me. Smile

very few would search with those words so no biggie. I find people selling on ebay to be more disconcerting at the moment.
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
Good point aligator.

Roth: Glad to hear that video has been removed from YT, thanks!
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Anyone that sells it there just don't get it. they don't get what they are losing out on. what was sold was a complete show in a b ox. of one of the most powerful presentations todate. I hope to never see the books by pro bc there. honestly though by the time enough people find out about this routined show you will have gotten way more then your moneys worth from these props. then just sit on them and do it again later once it has settled. you can then change it up enough to be something completely different latter by making these props just back up filler.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
The performance of L*n@ is different each time. One can use just one, two or all three books. PG is a must-have, so that dovetails along with it. If a person has seen me perform 1936, and then I perform it again, or 1935, or a combo of any of the three, they will not have a clue!

I think several scripts just scream for creation here. Seance-type, scientific study-type, spooky, and terrifying, or I can be the victim myself (with a bit of acting), plus other things like Spirit Bells, and Ghost Knockers, and a bit of I.T...man! It is just beginning...

The backstory of #2 Middlesex County Lunatic Asylum is a dark and disturbing story itself. C0ln*y H@tch is just the name of the town. A lot has happened since 1851. A creative person that is good at writing could have a field day with L*n@...!

You are spot on, Michael, L*n@ IS a "complete show in a box". Who could put a price tag on that? $345 with free shipping! Just imagine how much you could make with this set of props if you were a pro! I know some of you guys are, and it's like being a chef. Each creation is unique. Some like it spicy, some like it sweet. Some like it dark and bitter.

Getting the performance aspect of this down is my primary goal. Right now, I'm still studying 1935 & 1936. I really need to start on 1934, but I keep getting sidetracked in So Dark! I keep finding different wild card combinations, story lines and character possibilities...and 1934, that adds ANOTHER set of wild cards!

At 57, the old mind ain't what it once was. I gotta work on 1935 some more. I want emotional response, as L*n@'s just "drawn that way". Just telling the story of the asylum, and not performing L*n@ at all would be emotional enough with the right setting and story.

Thinking about it, I don't know if I want to see anyone else perform L*n@. Taking this in its pure form, and developing a unique and emotion filled presentation is imperative, or it just ends up being another magic trick! Yeah, I'm lazy! But this is too good. This gives me incentive to get up off my ass, and get the ol' machinery tickin' in the brain.

You guys have been a big help! I sure appreciate it! Smile

Doug
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

I have noticed a lot of the props coming out lean to this type of performance. it seems we are stepping away from the all gimmick shows and taking to the mind. getting back to presentation and purity of the magic is where I personally have been going and its nice to see I'm not alone in the search. I just did a lun@ and tod combination show tonight and by the time is was done all of us had tears in the eyes. tonight was not about spooky or creepy, it was about human suffering and our empathy for what this person went through in life. I was just starting the character development when the first lady broke down. I am glad I stopped it at 30 mins or I do not think I would have had the time to let them come down from the high. I actually just walked in so I'm still very emotionally drained.

for me when I tell a story it must be true in my mind or I can not invest the right emotional response. so I see each one as a real, living, breathing person and connect with the feelings of pain and fear. this is how I reach deeper in to my setters.
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
314 Posts

Profile of A.J.
On Friday, October 5th, The Wall Street Journal ran a special feature article on the Colney Hatch Asylum, with several color photographs. The article, entitled "Asylum, Interrupted," describes how this once grim asylum has now been converted into high-end residences for British pop stars and other big-money celebrities.

The new name given to the complex is Princess Park Manor, in honor of Princess Diana.

It's an interesting article that some may find helpful in their presentations. I was quite surprised when I saw the article and the photos.

A.J.
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
543 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Link to the article http://on.wsj.com/VDSMj0
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Thanks for the link.

Marqus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Luna Performance? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL