We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Benji...We Did Not Know! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..29~30~31 [Next]
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
971 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
The free market is not where Benji leaves his most enticing opening posts.
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
971 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
"Though we do not change a man's path, we also do not change the obvious."
Anonymous
Shamaneri
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Shamaneri
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 09:55, Mindpro wrote:
It's his "charm", I'm sure. He will some day soon decide to also become a guru-hypnotist too I'm sure.
Shamaneri
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Shamaneri
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 09:55, Mindpro wrote:
It's his "charm", I'm sure. He will some day soon decide to also become a guru-hypnotist too I'm sure.

Actually it is his resilience. A very worthy quality in the business he is in.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10228 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
[quote]On 2012-01-10 10:52, Benji Bruce wrote:
Quote:
If there are a lot of people who come onto the boards to talk badly about your work, you must being doing something wrong.

"Usually, people talk bad about a product they don't even have."

You are correct, no one is talking bad about your product, seems the talk is more about you and your methods and mindset.

"I heard a guy say, "You will only be as successful as the people you talk to for no reason. What I mean is, if you talk to someone who's got nothing going on in their life, then what can they offer you?"

Nice quote, but you're assuming that no one here has "nothing going on in their life", and that no one has anything to offer you

"So far, I haven't seen anyone giving constructive criticism. All I see are the same 5 people posting things like "what's our guru doing next" "you forget that many of us are professionals" "I think hotel crashing is low" etc etc... "

Although it may not be to you many here have found our insight to this to be useful and constructive as many posts and PMs I've received will attest.

"I don't go on forums nearly as much as I used to because I prefer to be marketing."

I'm not convinced that is the reason you no longer go on forums much anymore. As a matter of fact I would think since you're getting into the selling resources business, I'm sorry "guru-business", that these forums should be a part of your marketing plans, efforts and strategies.

I do look forward to meeting you in person if you do attend Mindvention. It should be quite interesting.

Mike, thanks for your opinion, but based on the responses these posts seem to get enough is not enough. No one is making anyone have to read or participate here.

"If he is doing things the right way, he will eventually succeed at it. If not, he will fizzle out."

Most of the interest is that he seems no to be doing things by what many consider "the right way", hence the majority of discussions, opinions and posts. It the mentality that you offer that is the reason there is a plethora of bad, terrible and unworthy information being produced and marketed by just anyone and absolutely nobody's that have no reason to are in no position to be offering misleading advice.

Perhaps Mike you are one of the few lucky ones that have not spent your hard earned money on terrible, misrepresented information or simply rehashed material released by unqualified producers. For anyone else that has ever been burned, asking questions about someones legitimacy, experience, and qualifications is perfectly acceptable.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 12:33, Mindpro wrote:
[Perhaps Mike you are one of the few lucky ones that have not spent your hard earned money on terrible, misrepresented information or simply rehashed material released by unqualified producers. For anyone else that has ever been burned, asking questions about someones legitimacy, experience, and qualifications is perfectly acceptable.

I certainly have spent my hard-earned money on worthless crap...and I don't like it any more than you do. However, we are a free market society where people are allowed to sell crap--so long as it doesn't hurt anyone. We, as consumers, must do our due diligence before we buy. If we get stuck, or someone falsely advertises, etc...we are free to take legal action.

Anyway...didn't want to perpetuate the posts...but had to finish my thought.

Blessings,

Mike
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Guess I was referring to the Inner Circle or Eternal Order Mindpro. My bad.

PS: Bessie Coleman is one we easily forget. The first black female pilot. Being former Air Force, I just thought I would mention her who we easily forget being Amelia Earhart is so well known.

Decomposing into American History now
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
"I don't go on forums nearly as much as I used to because I prefer to be marketing"

Dang it, difficult to not pull for the underdog with quips like that. Okay, Im convicted now even though I spend a lot of time doing just that.

PS: Anyone see the end of Monday Night Raw last night? Smile
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
It's really hard to believe that any rational person can actually still cling to the ridiculous claim that our president was not born in the US. I didn't miss the insinuation.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I thought he was born in Hawaii Jim. He seems to basically live there.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Maybe that's the confusion. Maybe some people aren't clear about the 50th state of the union.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Smile:)
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Well Benji if you are still visiting the Café and read this let me just say congrats on the book.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
What Sam said.

:applause:
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 21:41, JamesinLA wrote:
Maybe that's the confusion. Maybe some people aren't clear about the 50th state of the union.

Jim

I am certain he was born in one of the 57 states yes.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is funny. Same dogs chasing the same cars. Odd.

Benji whatever. I think it is funny how his chapters in the book are so indepth they must have about 3 pages per average.

Have fun with it Benji. If this is the path you encourage good. The sentence that sums it up for me is the idea of encouraging people no matter what the reality of the situation is. That is just crazy. To encourage people to follow impossible dreams is just plain wrong. If that is how you sell books, then so be it. But not fair to people. They can spend a lifetime chasing unrealistic dreams and not fufill the full potential. But go ahead encourage people to do that. Just so you are happy, that is all that matters right?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
If you managed to write a book then I would have to say...

"Congratulations!"
Life of Magic!
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
Thanks Sam, Decomposed, and Leland.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10228 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Selected thank you's too I see.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Come on Mindpro. One does not have to like the book to say good job on getting one published. I do not agree with Benji on some things as I have said many times but its nice to see one of our own with his first book.

Respectively submitted,

Decomp
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Benji...We Did Not Know! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9..13..17..21..25..29~30~31 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL