The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Benji...We Did Not Know! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..29~30~31 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tell you what. I will make a deal. I will even BUY one if Benji will show up to answer the questions. I don't want one for free. He has put forth effort and I am not a reviewer, so sending me one would not make sense.

But buying one makes no sense either. If Benji wants to show up and sort of answer questions and concerns I will buy one.

Anyone wanna bet what his NON answer will be? I believe it is fair.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Danny

Will you purchase from Penguin or the creator?

Just had to ask.

With love, Smile

Decomp
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Never been to Penguin, have to be from Benji.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Be like asking a fox to guard the hen house.

The Benji bashers have already proven that they will go out of thier way to down him.

Tom
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Benji could have an acclaimed nightly gig in Vegas, 10 nationally televised specials on prime time, five #1 New York best sellers, be on every major talk show and make $100+ million dollars a year and the same 4-5 weasels would say he doesn't know what he's doing lol. Monger on!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Tom,
Questioning a person's ethics and business tactics, when that person sets themselves up as an expert, is hardly bashing. Please reconsider the name you've chosen to call those that do not accept some of Benji's methods.
It's kind of like calling you the experience basher. It doesn't encourage discussion, and short of your name-calling in that last post, you probably aren't one.

Regarding your fox and henhouse metaphor, you're setting "bashers" up as the hunters (fox), and Benji as the 'innocent' hen. You've painted a picture for everyone that really doesn't reflect what is actually happening in this and other Benji threads.

It may be possible, that in those two sentences, you ARE the very thing you're inferring others to be.

This is NOT personal, Tom. It's about Benji's ethics, business tactics and products, and it's very much fair game for discussion.
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
968 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 17:25, lunatik wrote:
Benji could have an acclaimed nightly gig in Vegas, 10 nationally televised specials on prime time, five #1 New York best sellers, be on every major talk show and make $100+ million dollars a year and the same 4-5 weasels would say he doesn't know what he's doing lol. Monger on!!

Criss Angel enjoys much of what you have designated as evidence of success, but it's a different kind of success, isn't it?
And your characterization of those that disagree as "weasels" is YOUR approach to a discussion of the methods and measures of success.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Okay lets all be civil please. Now, Keith, since you brought up Criss Angel. He has plenty of haters fo sho also. How can a rock and roller rise to fame so quickly in the "magic" world? Personally, I find Benge a better performer but that is just my opinion. C.A. has the masses of course, for now. How many toes did he step on along the way though?

Fox saw an image and created or recreated a "great" magician to fill it. Okay, some say he is not a great magician but perhaps a great showman? He appealed to the masses, became a millionare and challenged our Jim C to a fight? Smile Yes indeed, reality TV is now what Leave it to Beaver was yester-year and its here to stay.

Benge will be succesful and very successful. Not a risky prediction, almost a fact. Love him or hate him, he is making all the right connections.

With peace and love,

Decomp

PS: 1250 views already, someone is watching. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 16:49, TomBoleware wrote:
Be like asking a fox to guard the hen house.

The Benji bashers have already proven that they will go out of thier way to down him.

Tom

And you will go to ANY length to be the opposite. Don't even have the book and you prraise. Seems to me you are the same.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Criss actually accomplished things though. Benji is just "positioning" himself. BIG difference.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
I'm curious...from all the people talking about the book...who actually has read it? Sounds like a lot of assumptions from people who haven't read the book (cough cough Danny) Smile

Here's the thing. Within a couple of months (other than gigs), I have gotten 3 TV appearances, tons of radio appearances, charged $55 per ticket for a public show, got a book published, got another book almost finished for the speaking market (36,000 words), built a new agent-friendly website, I'm talking with someone to represent me exclusively, and have been a performer my entire life (meaning...I've never had another job and never seen a paystub)...and still...you have nothing good to say. No wonder the top pros don't come onto this forum lol.

So I'm wondering...in the past 3 months...what have you done?

p.s. My mommy said my book was the best in the world but I thought it would be overkill to add her testimonial Smile

p.s.s. I feel like I have to go listen to Tony Robbins every time I come on this forum lol
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Benji we are quoting your drivel from this site on which you posted your crap from the book. No assumptions, but rather your words.

We have nothing good to say because of the crap you put forth. Using others standing ovations, and then you never discuss it. All you ever want to hear is how great you are and yada yada yada. Sorry kid life don't work like that.

I would love to buy the book and DISCUSS what is in it. But you don't seem up for that do you? I have no agenda. I would be just as honest as can be. Tom is so quick to dismiss it but think about it you have nothing but great things to say about yourself, so I will buy it and if convinced write about it. If I have questions, I will pose them in the form of questions, and not in the form of arguement. What is there for such a fine guru to lose?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
Quote:
p.s. My mommy said my book was the best in the world but I thought it would be overkill to add her testimonial Smile

p.s.s. I feel like I have to go listen to Tony Robbins every time I come on this forum lol

Like Benji or not...that was funny!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well I love the way you can say nice things without reading anything, but can't do the opposite.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
"Here's the thing. Within a couple of months (other than gigs), I have gotten 3 TV appearances, tons of radio appearances, charged $55 per ticket for a public show, got a book published, got another book almost finished for the speaking market (36,000 words), built a new agent-friendly website, I'm talking with someone to represent me exclusively, and have been a performer my entire life (meaning...I've never had another job and never seen a paystub)...and still...you have nothing good to say. No wonder the top pros don't come onto this forum lol. "

Now I am jealous! You are a busy lad! A manager???!

Now, are you kidding me?! A speaking book???!!!!! Now I am interested!!!

Remember us little people Benge struggling to keep our heads above water in a troubled economy.

Decomposing but Interested in Speaking Market
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 18:56, RichardShure wrote:
Quote:

Like Benji or not...that was funny!

Sure he can work comedy clubs if he chooses. Some are magnets for bad stuff but I seriously think Benge is getting to be like Oprah, gold fingers.

Crap, if I drank the cool aide, please give me more. Smile

http://www.tonyrobbins.com/
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I think this is one of your best websites yet:

http://www.exclusivementalist.com/

Exclusive:

a: excluding or having power to exclude b: limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group

a: excluding others from participation b: snobbishly aloof

a: accepting or soliciting only a socially restricted patronage (as of the upper class) b: stylish, fashionable c: restricted in distribution, use, or appeal because of expense
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
There is a chauffer and a coach in San Diego for Mr. Bruce,
if he ever really makes it down here. I'll even tip the chauffer.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
WOW WEE Devious!!! That is some ride!!!

Wonder if Benge's entourage will be as beefed up as M.Js use to be?
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Keith,
You right, 'basher' may be a little harsh. I apologize for the wrong choice of words. Maybe just Anti-Benji would work best, Smile but seriously I hope/think most understood what I was talking about.

Honestly I have a soft spot for the younger up and coming. They need all the encouragement they can get. I hate seeing others trying to stand in the way. Trying to kill sales on someone's first book is just not right. At least give some readers an opportunity to judge for themselves. Twenty dollars is not a big investment for anyone that takes the business serious. If the book is in fact no good then it will kill itself.

I'm sixty-five years old and young Benji and I certainly don't see everything the same. I'm as ole fashioned as they come, but that doesn't give me the right to talk down to him or try to block his path. Kind of silly to tell people they can't do something that they're already doing.

Tom

PS. Benji, keep listening to Tony Robbins. He will get you there. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Benji...We Did Not Know! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..11..15..19..23..27..29~30~31 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL