The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ignition by Magicsmith (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..13~14~15 [Next]
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
This is a nice looking effect of a key thru bill, the idea that the key is always with you along with your everyday keys,makes for a great anytime effect, my feeling is, it is very pricey for what it is., the demo link is below.

http://www.magicsmith.com/ignition.html

Click here to view attached image.
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
This is the kind of effect I love. Quick, big impact, easy to do and squeaky clean.
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2181 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Super clever.
Pay it forward
tvbobby
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of tvbobby
Looks very good. But it's really just the pen through dollar trick... but with a key. Right? Or am I missing something? I like both.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3604 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Nice adaptation. Looks fun.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I liked the demo.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5838 Posts

Profile of motown
It looks better than the other version that came last year or the year before.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Motown, it does. That other one also was reported to be fragile. Chris Smith puts out great products ( and stands behind them ).
tvbobby
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of tvbobby
Chris Smith is excellent. But this looks a little hinky, in that the key doesn't really look like an entirely authentic key. I guess you could say it's from a new car or something. Am I wrong?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5292 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I like it! As long as it is as sturdy as it appears to be in the video.

Jim
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3604 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Looks like the key has to look like that for two reasons. So I'll be interested to see it live in two weeks when Chris is at magi fest. If it looks that good live, I'll be picking one up
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1344 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I got to see this live and it is top notch. The sugar packet version is GREAT! Wished they had shown that on the demo.
Official Thread Killer
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4661 Posts

Profile of RNK
This looks very nice. No key switches and can be examined immediately- that's a great feature, might just justify the price. Can't wait to read some reviews!

RNK
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I agree with everyone , the effect look great, easy to do and it's always with you, but I still feel $60.00 is a lot for this, or am I just being cheap, I know you can't put a price on a good effect, and that may be the case here,
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4856 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I like this effect, it looks very magical.
Looks like a winning concept, sure.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4661 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 10:21, dave wrote:
I agree with everyone , the effect look great, easy to do and it's always with you, but I still feel $60.00 is a lot for this, or am I just being cheap, I know you can't put a price on a good effect, and that may be the case here,

It might be, but I think I agree with you Dave. I am guessing that because the key is immediately examinable after the effect and if it cannot be figured out- this may be worth it. But boy- Key thru Bill- $60.00. hmmm.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3322 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
This looks very good... look forward to hearing some reviews
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5838 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 01:45, tvbobby wrote:
Chris Smith is excellent. But this looks a little hinky, in that the key doesn't really look like an entirely authentic key. I guess you could say it's from a new car or something. Am I wrong?
I think it looks like an automobile key you'd currently find.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2181 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 11:24, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 10:21, dave wrote:

It might be, but I think I agree with you Dave. I am guessing that because the key is immediately examinable after the effect and if it cannot be figured out- this may be worth it. But boy- Key thru Bill- $60.00. hmmm.

Figured out? The gimmick is added and taken away under natural moves. Key does not appear gimmick and I doubt most would not figure it out. Quality construction? I hope Smile
Pay it forward
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
How many in the US have a car key (for a car under 5 years old) that doesn't have the "lock / unlock" feature built into the key?

I love Magicsmith stuff, but wonder if this one is a little behind the times. Having said that, if this gets good reviews from those who purchase it, I will be on board!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ignition by Magicsmith (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL