The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ignition by Magicsmith (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..13~14~15 [Next]
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I just ordered it. Looks good to me. A bit high, but I've paid more for things that didn't pan out.

Jim
magicgoneviral
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of magicgoneviral
I was in Vegas a few weeks ago, and got to see Chris shooting/demoing this... I really like the sugar packet version; lots of subtle touches that REALLY sell the illusion.

Awesome, can't wait to get mine.
MichaelB
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of MichaelB
My thoughts echo what a lot of you are saying. I agree with ad copy that it seems like a great trick to do when someone wants to "see something". On other hand, 60 bucks seems a little steep for a just "see something" one and done trick. On third hand, if it is well made and will hold up to a few seconds of close scrutiny it would probably be worth the 60 bucks if you planned on practicing it enough to make it all smooth and natural. decisions decsions.....
Nat
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Nat
Yes, the switch at the end is very deceptive.
Nat

Quote:
On 2012-01-10 21:34, magicmind wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 11:24, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 10:21, dave wrote:
I agree with everyone , the effect look great, easy to do and it's always with you, but I still feel $60.00 is a lot for this, or am I just being cheap, I know you can't put a price on a good effect, and that may be the case here,

It might be, but I think I agree with you Dave. I am guessing that because the key is immediately examinable after the effect and if it cannot be figured out- this may be worth it. But boy- Key thru Bill- $60.00. hmmm.

Figured out? The gimmick is added and taken away under natural moves. Key does not appear gimmick and I doubt most would not figure it out. Quality construction? I hope Smile
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1344 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Actually there isn't really a "switch".
Official Thread Killer
Martin Waring
View Profile
Loyal user
York, England
243 Posts

Profile of Martin Waring
I still occasionally use my 'Perfect Pen' by John Cornelius which works fine on an adult audience, however I have noticed a tendency recently that some younger, magic savvy spectators tip the method because they think they know how it works and some actually own a similar, usually inferior gimmick.

Actually none of my specs so far has seen the Cornelius version of the gimmick so I can still get away with handing out the pen, as long as they don't play with it for too long.

I wonder if doing this with the 'Ignition' key may prove less likely to be exposed because if I'm right about how this is done then they could play with the key all they like.

Tempted to get this and do a combo of 'Ignition' then 'Perfect Pen' whilst they're still inspecting the key.
Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Tophie
Looks a great deal better than The Key by Andrew Mayne. I think the design is foolproof and the handling looks pretty easy to perfect.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4664 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 12:36, Tophie wrote:
Looks a great deal better than The Key by Andrew Mayne. I think the design is foolproof and the handling looks pretty easy to perfect.

Agree- the key looks really nice. May have to get this one.

RNK
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5839 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2012-01-11 00:12, Sammy J. wrote:
How many in the US have a car key (for a car under 5 years old) that doesn't have the "lock / unlock" feature built into the key?

I love Magicsmith stuff, but wonder if this one is a little behind the times. Having said that, if this gets good reviews from those who purchase it, I will be on board!

Sammy
Sammy, I have a co-worker who has a Honda Fit and it doesn't have an unlock button built into the key. Some economy cars because of the price don't have that feature. In general I would say most do.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4664 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 15:14, motown wrote:
Quote:
How many in the US have a car key (for a car under 5 years old) that doesn't have the "lock / unlock" feature built into the key?

I love Magicsmith stuff, but wonder if this one is a little behind the times. Having said that, if this gets good reviews from those who purchase it, I will be on board!

Sammy
Sammy, I have a co-worker who has a Honda Fit and it doesn't have an unlock button built into the key. Some economy cars because of the price don't have that feature. In general I would say most do.

I would say that most people still don't have that feature on their keys. But I could see where if you had a car less than five years old, that would be the case. But I'm guessing that's not the majority.

RNK
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Quote:

Sammy

Me.............I have plenty of keys on my person that this will work for. I just hope you can have it on a key chain and then take it off and do the trick. If so I will be getting this.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Just ordered this, looks brilliant!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
This does look good.

Gary, I will wait till you have one then just take it.

Lee.
www.walkaboutmagic.com
www.facebook.com/walkaboutmagic
Effects.
STEP SYSTEM vol 1&2, iCandy, iPhone 10, strike 2.2 and lecture notes. All available on my site.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 16:37, Lee Smith wrote:
This does look good.

Gary, I will wait till you have one then just take it.

Lee.

I can see you using this Lee, your type of magic!

Gaz.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2365 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
So many are concerned about the key ? it's just a key to those you are performing for, nothing more, there are other keys that are on the same key chain and no one will question those as well.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
The key looks like most car keys here in the UK, with so many different types of key out there these days I see no problems whatsoever.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Tophie
I have had many rental cars with the large fob without any buttons for locks.

Does not look suspicious at all to me.
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Can this be put on a key chain?
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I'm sure it can.
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
Purchased and received Ignition,those concerned about quality of the gimmick need not worry. Very well made and will last. Small inconsistency with key which will probably go unnoticed by most specs but then again I like perfection. Key can be attached to your normal keys and no one will suspect anything. This is a great walk around trick easy to do. The sugar packet handling is the way to go, really sales the idea that you actually have put a hole through the packet. I know that $60.00 seems a little steep for this type of trick but if its something that you will be able to do at the drop of a hat and its always with you, then its worth it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ignition by Magicsmith (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL