The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ignition by Magicsmith (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Hi everyone. "Pimp My Ignition" has been signed off on, and approved by Magic Smith.

S.A.M. is wrapping up today (This was the delay), and I should have the go ahead to start sending links out tonight/tomorrow.

So here in the next day everyone can "Pimp Their Ignition", and if the responses from Magic Smith and a few others are any indication; I think you guys will really love what you can do with this addition. Moving holes. Vanishing holes. And even a visual mend of the hole.

I hope everyone that bought Ignition enjoys this and finds even more uses for the additional gimmick in their performances.

Your Friend in Magic,
LokI
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
791 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Quote:
On 2012-07-26 10:47, paisa23 wrote:
So I need to get this? Is that what your telling me?

Yes...yes you need to get this. It's awesome
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Since I was lucky to have started the thread, I was given a chance to see a preview of, “Pimp my Ignition”
Loki has taken a really great effect and made it in to an awesome close up illusion, without giving anything away, it’s safe to say what he has done is make it look like a real penetration as it would look if you did it for real, then, just when you think that’s it, a remarkable ending, so visual it will blow your mind. There are some new handlings you will like as well, Loki has imagined, then did a real key penetration and destroyed a lot of money along the way, just to see what it really looks like, and then he went out and created it, now he is willing to share with all of us.
You will need to make up a little something, but Loki goes in to detail and shows how fast and easy it is, he goes on with good tips and advice as well. This is one of those effects you will hear people say,” This is as close to real magic as it gets”
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Thank you so much for the review, I am humbled and I cannot wait to share this with all Ignition owners. I will be responding to PMs today and we will make it more public in the next day.

Thanks again everyone for the interest!

LokI
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well I might be placing my order in today, so hopefully I can partake in this!
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
I have sent video links to all who have emailed me a picture of their gimmick. I am now passing this over to Magic Smith to handle for all existing/future customers. And thank you to all who participated, and if you still want to send proof of ownership my way; I will get the video to you promptly.

Thanks everyone,
LokI
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Yeah if I order today I wont get it till next week, so ill try to contact you or Magic Smith after that.
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
No problem Paisa. As soon as you can prove you have purchased it, I am sure the link will be made available to you. It may even become included in future purchases.

So order it; even without my add-on, this is a fantastic product.

LokI
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
643 Posts

Profile of egoli
Thanks so much to Loki for his work on pimping Ignition - really great idea but unfortunately more suited for US currency. Here in Canada all our bills are brightly coloured and different colours for the different denominations. To add to that we are in the process of switching to plastic currency. I tend to borrow 50s and 100s from spectators and those can be plastic or paper. Even 20s will be switching to plastic fairly soon. Our lowest bill is a blue $5 and so pimping will cost a lot more and restrict performances to just that one denomination. Great for people using US currency.

Ed
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
791 Posts

Loki what's your email address??
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Hi. My email is loki.kross@live.com
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Hi Ed. Thank you for the kind words.

Question: Is the plastic currency thin like paper? And could you use it when asking for specific denominations? Or carry 1 of each, (considering how tiny)?

I am just wondering because thin plastic-like paper may be use able. It is just something I, or someone else will have to try. I would hate to limit this to just U.S. magicians. That was the only currency I had at hand Smile.

But definitely something to look into. Thank you for bringing it to our attention Ed.

LokI
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
643 Posts

Profile of egoli
The plastic currency feels different to the paper currency - well, feels like plastic and doesn't slide as easily. Also, parts of the bill are clear and you can see through. Un-pimped Ignition still works just fine on plastic money.
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Thanks for the extra info Ed. I will see if there is anything clever I can come up with for our international colleagues Smile
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
791 Posts

Loki...email sent!
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Hey Everyone,

I have gotten a few requests so I am selling these "Pimp My Ignition" gimmicks, hand-made, by myself. I of course have Magic Smiths blessing and will probably start a new thread (Gary, maybe you could when you receive yours). This is because, as Gary pointed out, the gaff is useful for any bill rip situation.

So the deal is 20.00$ for 10 and your preference of S&H, (bills have to be destroyed to get that "sweet" spot"), and I am making another video with even more tips on using the gimmick. That will be available shortly to all orders. (This will all be refilmed in a few months for the Ignition DVD).

So if you are interested in having these made by the creator, shoot me an email at loki.kross@live.com, and I will make them for you. (My Paypal is the same if you just want to order. Just include "PMI Purchase" in the note Smile

And thanks again to everyone,
LokI
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Just to be clear. You will pay postage based on where you order from. So if you are in the U.S. and just want to order, add 6$ for priority mail. Otherwise specify, and I will shoot you a message with the difference. Thanks!
Jpovey
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Jpovey
So I think this is a great routine, have had it for about a month now,and am loving performing it! Completely frys lay people and some magicians too.. Haven't had a problem with gimmick falling off either,:) Just emailed Loki and look forward to recieving the video for 'PMI'
For a while Houdini used alot of trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage!
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
791 Posts

I just want to let everyone know about a excellent recent experience I had with MagicSmith (Chris)....I had an issue with my gimmick, where it wouldn't stay in position properly once "penetrated" through the bill..the gimmicks properties for some reason were lost, and I wasn't sure what to do...I emailed Magicsmith via his website...His response time was under 1 hour, and sent me out a new gimmick within 24 hours...The service was Exceptional!! He stands by his product 100% and helped this fellow magician with no problem at all...Thank you Magicsmith...Your response to my issue was greatly appreciated and for the others in the magic community that don't own this effect...ignition is one AWESOME effect!!!
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
An additional video will be linked later this week on the "Pimp My Ignition" video. For those that have the link.

It covers my handling of the visual "mending" of the bill, and how to make it fool-proof and happen 100% on cue.
This way there is a visible tear, you wave your hand a foot above the bill, over it; and it stitches. Then with another wave or a shake the bill is completely healed and you are reset and ready to go.

Magic Smith has also allowed secondary rights to this gaff so that I can make it available for all bill rip/penetration effects.
When the demo and stock is developed I will start a new thread for the new product, "PMI".

Then in October I will be adding all of this to the Ignition DVD, when I re-film for Magic Smith.

So "Ignition" is the official product for this gaff, but I will be making it available to magicians who utilize all methods.

Thank you for all those who have supported this "grassroots" magic campaign!
As Chris Smith put it, "It is a wonderful thing when we can all find ways to make each others magic stronger". (Paraphrased)
I agree!

LokI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ignition by Magicsmith (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL