The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » MOST DISAPPOINTING TRICK OF 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
tvbobby
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of tvbobby
Rarely had I been so excited to buy a trick as I did when I purchased RATTLED. I must've checked outside my front door to see if a package had arrived five times a day. I felt like a little kid waiting for Christmas. After all, the demo was incredible. And the WPR review said it was a gimmick "as indispensible as the thumb tip!" And then it arrived. I ripped open the package... watched the DVD... marveled at the simplicity and genius of the device... and then tried to put it into use. And it never worked as promised. There was NO WAY IN HELL the gimmick would EVER work in someone else's hand (as promised). The truth is, it was hard to make it work in my own hand without a certain about of unnatural looking exertion. Paul Harris was kind enough to replace one of the gimmicks... but sadly, it was EXACTLY the same. Of course, threads were filled with complaints... and RATTLED now takes its place at the bottom of my drawer along with many other disappointments. This was my big one from 2011.

What was yours?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3622 Posts

Profile of emyers99
My Rattled works fine bur I agree it got a ton of hype and, I'm guessing not many are using it. Your post made me wonder, has there been a PH Presents trick yet that has lived up to the hype? I cant think of one off top of my head.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1344 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Gut Buster was pretty straight forward I thought.
Official Thread Killer
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 05:29, emyers99 wrote:
My Rattled works fine bur I agree it got a ton of hype and, I'm guessing not many are using it. Your post made me wonder, has there been a PH Presents trick yet that has lived up to the hype? I cant think of one off top of my head.

HAUNTED, IMO is brilliant.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Don't use Rattled at all, was really disappointed.
nowyoucme
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of nowyoucme
Prue smoke.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10486 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I agree 100% on Rattled.

The gimmick I thought wss pretty clever - but my initial set would lock properly either.

Even with the replacement the routines just didn't grab me. So I thankfully sold mine pronto. Just didn't rock my boat either.

Speaking of Paul Harris releases... Justin Miller's Freedom Pack was also just "meh."

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 10:03am
Also Shin Lim had a couple of doozies in 2011

I didn't care for "Think" - certainly not the Best ACAAN ever for my taste.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2639 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I actually really like Rattled, and my set works perfectly. I just haven't found a place in my set for it and haven't work on it much for some reason, though I'm not really sure why.

I too found Freedom Pack to not really be my thing. Again, it did exactly what it was supposed to do and worked, but just didn't excite me as I initially thought it would. However, I can't say any trick this year thoroughly disappointed me. Then again I didn't buy a ton since I was living overseas and knew I had to cart it back with me to the states.

While I don't believe it was released in 2011, Pro Flite was a total dud for me. I was incredibly underwhelmed.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3622 Posts

Profile of emyers99
This could be a great thread. I love my Pure Smoke, Freedom Pack and ProFlite. So it's interesting to see the trash/treaure comparisons. I do have to agree though on Think. Very weak in my opinion. Same goes for the rubber band dvd Touch. Now that I think about it, I bought Touch, Think and Rattled all based on glowing reviews Penn and Petty gave them on the Wizard Product Review and all three have been complete duds in my book.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1905 Posts

Profile of ted french
EVERYTHING put out by http://www.papercranemagic.com LOL
P3
practice practice perform.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1810 Posts

Profile of Prager
PaperCrane had some of the best releases of the year.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Mental Delivery---what a waste.

Good magic to all,

Eric
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
I bought Rattled based on all the hype and the reveiw on WPR. My gimmicks worked great and thought it was a good effect......but the caps just don't look right,there huge compared to any other cap.
shadowman
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of shadowman
Rattled
Think
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5842 Posts

Profile of motown
Postage Matrix

Worst product I've bought in a long long time.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
TonyPorter
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of TonyPorter
The confetti shooter from Vernet. Absolute rubbish.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
729 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Dave & Craig of the WPR try to give a fair review and what they think of a product, but they are also human/magic geeks like us, no fault of theirs.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
For me it was Nathan Krazo's "No Smoking Zone". I guess I may be able to see it working for some, but not for me.
Sammy J. Teague
tvbobby
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of tvbobby
How funny - Think has worked very well for me. The ONTOLOGY PROJECT is just far too complex. Great tricks. Too much work.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Anyone remember buying out of catalogs after reading the amazing description? 6-8 weeks later your package arrived and....it was a box of junk. lol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » MOST DISAPPOINTING TRICK OF 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL