The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » MOST DISAPPOINTING TRICK OF 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Dellor
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Dellor
Like a lot of people said rattled was a huge disappointment. It was so painfully obvious
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
I can't believe someone wouldn't love SloMotion! Maybe mine is the exception, but it's really quiet. It's definaetly my best $40 gadget that I have. Zombie Magic... I thought you made this gimmick?
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
I quite disliked Vertigo.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
My vote for 2012 (at least so far...who knows what other duds I will purchase) would be Shift Key. I wonder who, if anyone, can keep this key straight for any length of time. I couldn't even get mine completely straight.

It took some back-and-forth emails, but I finally got a refund.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
I almost bought Slo-motion but fortunately got to see (hear?) another magician do it before I made the purchase. In a crowded hotel room, it sounded like a radio controlled helicopter taking off with an electric toothbrush strapped to it.
WARD.GS
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of WARD.GS
Must admit to being very disappointed with timeless due to the prep. being lost very easily. I thought it would be exceptional but can't get past this flaw. Happy keep working with it tho.
Wardy
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-05-09 17:09, WARD.GS wrote:
Must admit to being very disappointed with timeless due to the prep. being lost very easily. I thought it would be exceptional but can't get past this flaw. Happy keep working with it tho.

My problem with timeless is after using it a couple times, it seems obvious to me that a spectator can look at the watch and see whats going on. I won't say more due to exposure
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2137 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Not even close to obvious. It's about as perfect an illusion as there is (if your prep is decent). I must have performed Timeless on at least 100 occasions so far. The spectator sees nothing except what they expect to see. Everything looks as it should.

(Early on) I showed it to a couple of well-known magicians at the Magic Castle, they looked quite closely, and had no CLUE as to method. Be bold. No one will catch you out. Reactions are superb. I present it purely as an influence routine.
Piz
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
1351 Posts

Profile of Piz
Quote:
On 2012-01-10 13:05, ted french wrote:
EVERYTHING put out by http://www.papercranemagic.com LOL

LOL

They do come out with killer stuff, maybe this year was not there year? Smile
WARD.GS
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of WARD.GS
" I must have performed Timeless on at least 100 occasions so far. The spectator sees nothing except what they expect to see..."......Gabelson please let me know how you get round the problem I mention above. If u've performed 100's of times you must have a way round this. Pm me if ok ? Thanks.
Wardy
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
I'm intested as well Gabelson. Please post or PM if you have a solution. Thanks!
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Quote:
On 2012-05-09 17:09, WARD.GS wrote:
Must admit to being very disappointed with timeless due to the prep. being lost very easily.

Use a watch box (the type you receive when buying a new watch). Or roll up your sleeves.
kusoyon
View Profile
New user
Muskegon, Michigan
77 Posts

Profile of kusoyon
I really enjoyed Rattled and worked very well....no problems
"The closer you look; the less you see"
H. Blackston Jr.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Quote:
On 2012-01-11 09:50, GaryLee wrote:
Little Man was the most unethical advertised piece of garbage ever. The false advertising, claims that no strings or magnets were used, then change the ad to remove no magnets used. "YES, HE'S MOVING FORWARD AND ACTUALLY WALKING... ONE ASTONISHING STEP AT A TIME!" As we know it glides using magnets, just like everyone suspected right from the start. No mystery to how it's done because it's the first thought that comes to many minds when they see the demo.

It looked like unpratical garbage in the Demmo!
Quote:
On 2012-01-14 12:44, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Haunted - too unreliable for professional use.

And when it does work, it is so unimpressive.
WARD.GS
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of WARD.GS
Hi all. Just a word to say I have to disagree with the haunted feedback. In my experience it is a reliable and fairly dramatic hands off effect. I use it almost as per the card on box demo and it works well. Maybe just persevere and give it another go. Always worth it when you know other( s) have success with it. Regards, ward.
Wardy
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I wasnt quite stupid enough to buy little man, so my two are

Sidewinder: all-time most agnly effect ever

Cash-flow: after 2 uses it either breaks or becomes permanently creased.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I was really disappointed with Haunted, unreliable performance on different surfaces that I could not overcome.
Gordothemagicguy
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Gordothemagicguy
I pre-ordered "DRIFT" from "The Merchant of Magic" and thought it could be pretty cool. Boy was I duped!!! It took quite a while to arrive with the DVD case all broken. There were Two "elements" included and most of the time when you receive two elements you are to mix them (which I did) It just ruined the thing. I contacted Dominic at Merchant of Magic, who simply said "Sorry Buddy, you're out of luck!" Even after offering to pay for another set of the "stuff" He said the Ukranian dudes who came up with this idea would not send me another. I opened a dispute with Pay Pal and immediately got an email from the Merchant of Magic saying if I would close the dispute he would have one sent out right away. That was two months ago!!! I think he just wanted to shut me up. Now I can't reopen a dispute and my Bank say's they can't do anything after60 days. First of all The method of this effect is more than Lame! It is just super angular and doesn't even work most of the time! You have to use a hard surface and the "clean up" as well as the set up are pretty obvious. Don't waste your money and Certainly don't do business with this VERY Unhelpful company!!! The WORSTE COMPANY I have ever dealt with!
If you want to do the effect just buy a stick of gum. It's a whole lot cheaper than the $60.00 I paid!
Rory111
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Rory111
I agree... DRIFT is a wasted purchase for your magic dollars... save your money!
zmagicleez
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of zmagicleez
This has been a great thread! Unfortunately we live in an age now where dvd production is so good, the effects can look incredible. Be careful!
It's a small world... but you wouldn't want to hoover it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » MOST DISAPPOINTING TRICK OF 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL