We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Tossed out deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
I have been researching this wonderful effect and watched many performances and read much in print. I am curious to hear the thoughts of the members here to what you think the right amount of cards to be selected are for this cool trick. I have seen as little as three and as many as nine what are your thoughts on how many selections should you use
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
I perform it in my stage show and use Gazzo's routine where I have five cards selected. I think anymore is overkill, at least the way I perform it.It also allows for enough blocks in the deck to ensure a good chance that all cards will be selected.
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1436 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I like three selections. And if you haven't already, you should check out Cody Fisher's routine. He has worked out many of the issues with this plot. Of all the routines I have researched, Cody's is by far my favorite.

http://www.codyfisher.com/store/item/tossed-out-deck-e-book
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Thanks guys , one of the best I I have seen was Tony Clark I wish I had been interested in this routine when I seen him lecture and bought the notes
mrsmiles
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of mrsmiles
John Archer has a v. good version. See 'Educating Archer' dvd.
He argues that it doesn't take long for the audience to sus out the traditional method. So he uses a different method that explodes that notion. The deck is examined and shuffled by a volunteer. In the interests of non-exposure, I'll say no more.
John Archer, incidentally, is worth watching for his performances. It's not about 'the secrets' particularly, though he has an excellent problem-solving approach to how to get round the difficulties intrinsic to the original routine and its methodology,
mrsmiles
(UK)
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
Paul Gertner's lecture a couple of years ago had a great routine where he flys out a large paper plane to a random spectator in the beginning that has instructions that the spectator reads which tells the spectators to sit if they selected the such and such card. I think there were three selections. It was great to watch.
Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
Wayne Dobson has some good ideas and can be found in a couple of his publications
Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
Wayne Dobson has some good ideas and can be found in a couple of his publications
rbearpark
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rbearpark
Have tried and tested Wayne Dobson's ideas and the routine has always worked well. This uses three.

Pete Firman did a nice variation on BBC's 'The Magicians' the other week. Worth a watch Smile
Viano2
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Viano2
I have used Charles Scott's routine for years. I have never been questioned bu an audience member. I think there are enough bits of business built in that nobody thinks about the method. They are entertained by the bit.

Viano
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Correction to mrsmiles' earlier post: John Archer's method is the traditional Hoy method. He just has a clever way to have the deck examined first. But then it is the exact original method. Nothing new, nor does he claim it's new.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Hofi
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hofi
I myself prefer 4 cards, but do a multiple routine based on Luke Jermays idea. If you can get the DVD with the Gary Kurtz Show, there is a very nice tossed out deck routine on it, with multiple phases and quite some good methods (if you figure them out ;-) ) .. it is just the show, no explanation, but you will understand.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Tossed out deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL