The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » "Favorite" users/posters and "new post" notifications » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bapu
View Profile
Regular user
with a paltry
161 Posts

Profile of Bapu
Forgive me if this has been suggested before. I ran advanced Google searches for "favorite users" site:themagiccafe.com and "favorite posters" site:themagiccafe.com and returned no relevant hits, so as far as I can tell this is a new one, to wit:

Have you ever considered adding the ability for:

1) members to create lists of their "favorite" users or forum members, and
2) receive notifications when said favorites post new topics or replies, perhaps with the ability to set filters or parameters such as "all posts" or "only posts in forum __________"?

Thank you for your consideration. Smile
Bapu practices law and conjuring in the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee.
Bapu
View Profile
Regular user
with a paltry
161 Posts

Profile of Bapu
Hello again.

I notice that my original post above has been viewed quite a few times in the short span since it was posted, although there have been no responses. This would suggest to me that the topic may be of some interest to others. If so, please post a response.

In the time that I have been frequenting the forum I have found a number of people whose posts I consistently enjoy reading and/or find very informative. I would love to read more of their contributions without having to search each subforum daily for their latest posts. Accordingly, the ability to create a "favorite members" list with notifications of new posts, or some other such mechanism would really ring my bell.

A penny your thoughts. Smile
Bapu practices law and conjuring in the Great Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
It's been brought up before.
I know there's reasons why it's not implemented, but I can't remember why.
I'd try a search of either this forum or the Tech Help forum.

Ed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » "Favorite" users/posters and "new post" notifications » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL