The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » SCRIBBO (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 17:10, nanaswan wrote:
Great effect , but all the demos x 2 performances are very poor , obviously a creator and not a performer judging on reactions . This effect should have created bedlam not muted slow hand claps . Tedious or what but it's a miracle ! specs should be all over you like a rash not you forcing them to shake your hand to say look how clever I am ! Not looking to sell many I guess that old chestnut . I ll take 2 of them ha ha .


The thing that's tedious is your post, nanaswan.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Feeling like Smile ?

-
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
907 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Gilbert, you say that this is best suited to close up or street performances.
I agree due to the size of the reveal - unless you have cameras set on stage Smile

However, you then go on to say that it is "more comfortable" to use an assistant.
I don't think many of us use assistants in a close up environment.

I assume in the demos you are using an assistant?
Would it be possible to see how this plays (especially when doing the dirty work) without an assistant as I guess that is how most of us will use it?

Thank you
runeflax
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of runeflax
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 17:10, nanaswan wrote:
Great effect , but all the demos x 2 performances are very poor


I'd love to see a video of you performing in a foreign language...
Gilbert RAIMOND
View Profile
New user
France
18 Posts

Profile of Gilbert RAIMOND
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 04:37, David Klass wrote:
Gilbert, you say that this is best suited to close up or street performances.
I agree due to the size of the reveal - unless you have cameras set on stage Smile

However, you then go on to say that it is "more comfortable" to use an assistant.
I don't think many of us use assistants in a close up environment.

I assume in the demos you are using an assistant?
Would it be possible to see how this plays (especially when doing the dirty work) without an assistant as I guess that is how most of us will use it?

Thank you


We shot a video of every effect, feel reassured nanaswan, in French! A DVD was already viewed on the French congrés. Fairly soon, the videos of demonstration will be on YouTube. Comfortable (without the dirty work)and less comfortable...

Today, Mr PROUST looks for the possibility of putting on-line videos and how of selling SCRIBBO in the best conditions, outside France.

ALLIAS & Gilbert
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3676 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 22:51, Steve Hook wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 17:10, nanaswan wrote:
Great effect , but all the demos x 2 performances are very poor , obviously a creator and not a performer judging on reactions . This effect should have created bedlam not muted slow hand claps . Tedious or what but it's a miracle ! specs should be all over you like a rash not you forcing them to shake your hand to say look how clever I am ! Not looking to sell many I guess that old chestnut . I ll take 2 of them ha ha .


The thing that's tedious is your post, nanaswan.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? Feeling like Smile ?

-
Not at all Steve just expressing an opinion , you thought it was a good performance then did you ? Anyway just saying what I bet most were thinking . At least judging by all the pms I have had , best in magic
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Quote:
Gilbert, you say that this is best suited to close up or street performances.
I agree due to the size of the reveal - unless you have cameras set on stage

However, you then go on to say that it is "more comfortable" to use an assistant.
I don't think many of us use assistants in a close up environment.

I assume in the demos you are using an assistant?
Would it be possible to see how this plays (especially when doing the dirty work) without an assistant as I guess that is how most of us will use it?

Thank you


This would be my golden question also. Maybe this should be all taken downstairs.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
907 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I agree Towledge.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3061 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Unfortunately, Gilbert does not have the required 50 posts for access to 'downstairs.'

That said, David raises an excellent question regarding the ease of use without an assistant.
Seeing as we are only guessing (a natural thing to do) as to the procedure and prop(s) - given the cost of this item, seeing this done
unedited and unassisted, is essential.

e
Gilbert RAIMOND
View Profile
New user
France
18 Posts

Profile of Gilbert RAIMOND
Saddened for little of posts...

While waiting for the directives of the producer of the trick Scribbo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja0PyjbjGbM
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2012-01-12 16:11, Gilbert RAIMOND wrote:

The set is delivered complete in a suitcase which allows (having read the note) to make one of the routines quoted above. All this justify the price of Scribbo...

ALLIAS & Gilbert RAIMOND


Sounds like some sizable hardware if it comes in a suitcase. I think if you are setting the price as high as you are, then you need to be clear about what we would receive, as is the case with Labco, Promystic etc.
Pocket space and practicality are the most important factors, for me at least. I would be interested but don't want to be doing walkaround kitted out like Robocop Smile

BTW I thought the second effect without the assistant was much more effective. The first one was just too implausible and the method transparent. My girlfriend who knows nothing about magic or mentalism, saw the first effect and instantly guessed a very plausible method.

all the best
Sean
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12071 Posts

Profile of John C
Where do you hide the suitcase? I wear short sleeve shirts! Smile

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Gilbert RAIMOND
View Profile
New user
France
18 Posts

Profile of Gilbert RAIMOND
Your comments are funny about the suitcase. It only serves to transport the materials for all proposed routines. You can work topless! Tarzan could do it if he had a pocket on the back of her panties! Smile
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3061 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Gilbert,

Are you able to tell us a little more about the technology involved?
Specifically what we need to carry and/or use clandestinely (while keeping hidden), when performing this solo or with an assistant?

I realize that this may touch upon 'proprietary secrets,' but the precedent for revealing the basic electronic components really has been set in our industry whether we're buying a Labco Minbuster, or a Promystic e-Wallet, etc.

While performers don't expect to have the actual programming or circuitry revealed, we do know exactly what we're dealing with PHYSICALLY, which is essential for the working performer to know in advance, in order to ensure that it fits his performing needs.

e
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
907 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Well put Eric Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-01-17 16:25, Eric Samuels wrote:
Gilbert,

Are you able to tell us a little more about the technology involved?
Specifically what we need to carry and/or use clandestinely (while keeping hidden), when performing this solo or with an assistant?

I realize that this may touch upon 'proprietary secrets,' but the precedent for revealing the basic electronic components really has been set in our industry whether we're buying a Labco Minbuster, or a Promystic e-Wallet, etc.

While performers don't expect to have the actual programming or circuitry revealed, we do know exactly what we're dealing with PHYSICALLY, which is essential for the working performer to know in advance, in order to ensure that it fits his performing needs.

e


And why should this type of information be posted in a publicly accessible and searchable forum? Wouldn't this be better addressed in Inner Thoughts?

Bob
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12071 Posts

Profile of John C
The lone ranger always comes in at the last moment and saves the day. Smile

Yeah, perhaps IT is the best place to go.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3061 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Quote:
On 2012-01-18 12:47, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-17 16:25, Eric Samuels wrote:
Gilbert,

Are you able to tell us a little more about the technology involved?
Specifically what we need to carry and/or use clandestinely (while keeping hidden), when performing this solo or with an assistant?

I realize that this may touch upon 'proprietary secrets,' but the precedent for revealing the basic electronic components really has been set in our industry whether we're buying a Labco Minbuster, or a Promystic e-Wallet, etc.

While performers don't expect to have the actual programming or circuitry revealed, we do know exactly what we're dealing with PHYSICALLY, which is essential for the working performer to know in advance, in order to ensure that it fits his performing needs.

e


And why should this type of information be posted in a publicly accessible and searchable forum? Wouldn't this be better addressed in Inner Thoughts?

Bob


Agree, in principle, Bob.
However, once again, we have a product designer/creator who doesn't have the necessary post count to access that area.

e
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
In that case, if he decides to release the type of information you seek, would it not be a better idea to put it on a password protected area of his own site?

Best-

Bob
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3061 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Bob, if you have a sec, please PM me.

e
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
907 Posts

Profile of David Klass
No more news on this one?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » SCRIBBO (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL