The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Lester Lake Guillotine Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SeeingisBelieving
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of SeeingisBelieving
I'm sure this been posted somewhere on here before, maybe not though. Has anyone built their own? I've built several of my own illusions and props, with no trouble. But, the design plans that come with the "improved Lester Lake Guillotine" (from OIL) read like stereo instructions and I can't makes heads or tails of it. Any tips?
Travis Combs
Magcian/Entertainer
kentuckymagic.com
"Magic isn't just someone doing tricks, it's the experience"-TC
PCoreyB
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of PCoreyB
I built one from those plans. It turned out great but I made some changes of my own...also made a lot of mistakes in the process. Throw me a specific question and I'll see if I can help.

Corey
SeeingisBelieving
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

I think, for the most part, unlike every other plan I have ever used it does not have a materials list. So I'm really kind of lost on the dimensions of the inner workings, well and the inner workings them selves. My set of plans only show a cut away view and really has no detail as to what actually need to happen. Sorry, I know that's not really specific but, this one has thrown me for a loop.
Travis Combs
Magcian/Entertainer
kentuckymagic.com
PCoreyB
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of PCoreyB
Since your a very new user I gotta ask a little about your background in magic. Reason being, when I built mine, I already knew about the workings of a head chopper. I had owned an Abbotts chopper and had seen several others in person so even though I didn't have all the details on the blueprints, my prior knowledge helped me fill in the blanks. Are you brand new to magic and is this the first illusion you've built. If so, it's definitely not a good one to start with...it's a pretty tough build.

Also, we do have to be careful about exposing secrets. Could you fill me in a bit on your magic experience and what other illusions you might use. You can PM me if you prefer.

Corey
SeeingisBelieving
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

PM sent
Travis Combs
Magcian/Entertainer
kentuckymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Lester Lake Guillotine Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL