The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » What's in your performance? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
463 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Hello eeryone,

Currently there are 3 tricks in my set:
Coin thru silk - Michael Ammar
Finger chopper
Card to Mouth

I don't do cups and ball now because I don't want to bring heavy stuff with me, so the tricks I do is small things that can play big.
Which trick is in your performance?

Yuyen
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I do strictly rope magic. just rewrote the act and it is going well.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Start with card flourishes leading to Paper Clipped by Sankey. During paper clipped, I get the group around my table to yell is "anyone" touches the prediction now sitting on the table. Then I make a move to touch it, and test them, and they yell! Then I do it occasionally as I build the effect and the tip. Their yelling helps build the tip, increased the specs involvement. And by the time I have them take the card and unfold it, and they see not only did it predict their card, it is their card, they go nuts.... More good fun, and the audience comes in closer to see the prediction.

Then I do a crash link routine with three 10" rings, big enough to see, and make noise when crashed, that I can walk around getting more specs involved touching the rings, verifying them to be solid, etc, and patterned after one I learned from Chris Capehart.

When that routine is done, I start reforming the circle, and do some humor with audience as it presents itself. The the 40,50, 60 year old with the young lady on his arm. "Sir, I think it is indeed very nice of you to bring your daughter to my show today." Andmore depending on what I see out there.

Then I do the Cups and Balls, a la Gazzo. I took the Gazzo Master Class, and he made me a great pouch. I also use the awesome Gary Animal cups, and since I took the class, I have worked hard to really make it work "right" for me. And it does. I am not Gazzo, but who else is beside the man himself?

Then, upon display of the final load melon, I take my hat, and deliver my ultimate/final "applaud with your wallets" hat line and when they are coming forward to drop into the hat, I put the hat on the table, get behind the table so I can talk to them, encouraging them, as they drop. One more thing I do, learned on a windy day in New Orleans, is that I drop a couple decks of cards into the hat, so it doesn't blow away. And I drop hat lines all though the show, at least two per effect, so a total of six or seven. Some might say this is too much, but done in a non-demanding way, such as "you know, some people would actually pay to see a show like this, and I am sure that once you see it, so will you".

If the day isn't working for me, the crowd is too small, or I am just not connecting, or it is just "one of those days", I sometimes just end with the rings.

But as usual, with everything in this life.... Your Mileage may vary!

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
My rope routine derived from Mark Wilson, Henry Hay and George Anderson.
Some card tricks
Sometimes a coin matrix
and finish up with either Mark Wilson's Cups and Balls routine (with one variation) or Shanghi Shackle.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
Shell game, spongeballs with a kicker, bill switch/bill to impossible location. . .nest of dolls or inside 3 spiiered bags and inside a sealed envelope. sometimes ashes to hand for a woman.Try to borrow a 5-10 dollar bill for the money trick in hopes that they let me keep it which they have done.
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
Johnny Butterfield
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of Johnny Butterfield
One coin routine, coins to cup, Chicago Surprise, Mongolian Pop Knot, and cups and balls with two hat loads.
The current economic crisis is due to all the coins I've vanished.
The poster formerly known as Fman111.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I swallow 3 flaming torches, pull an uneaten hotdog with onions and relish from a spectator's stomache, and finish by turning myself into an anatomically correct woman. Face it, if I show up to your pitch some day, you won't wanna bat second...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » What's in your performance? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL