The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Bottom Deal 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidGold
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DavidGold
You guys asked for a better veiw on my deal so here it is, any corrections or ideas would be much appreciated. plz don't count my ideas and deals out beacuse I am young.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F8uxWtFtIY

Something that most people overlook with bottoms is that it is a dead give away to look at your hands so here is me takeing it to the extreme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNmK5PsZPAo

enjoy
David
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
You're doing very well,.....little bit of a hic-up when you deal the bottom sound wise, but that's a natural hurdle that everybody has to overcome. Just be aware of it.
Practice lots more, you'll be dealing invisible bottoms in no time.

Oh.......and every time you lick your fingers you look like a rube, so stop doing it!

Dropping your cards at the end of the first video gives the appearance that you somehow think "you're all that"........so just end your videos (and live demos) politely, with a thank-you to those watching..........(for a demo of a real class act, and one you should aim to emulate, watch Steve Forte on the TV bit included on his DVD set......that's the persona you want to emulate, not the finger-lickin', snorting', card dropping guy who wipes his fingers on his shirt after licking them).

Good job on the bottoms, keep it up.
DavidGold
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DavidGold
Haha my bad about the snorting I have been sick for a while and true licking my fingers is a really bad habit and the droping the cards is also just a bad habit hahah thanks for the feedback

David
DavidGold
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DavidGold
And thank you very much for the kind and constructive words I hate when people just tell you your deal is bad and don't give you any reasons why. I will be sure to start adding all of your corrections the next time I practice bottoms

Respectfully
David
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
I said to myself "in 2012 don't comment any video, that's the best way to avoid empty debates". But I think you have a good will and, with practice, you may get skilled. Thus, if you allow me, here's my comment.

I think your bottom deal has what I call the "Magician's syndrome". When you get the card at the bottom of the pack, your fingers move. It looks like your hand opens and there's a kind of slope toward the table. Yet the fingers should stay still. That's a point you should work on.

Allow me to quickly demonstrate:

http://www.arnoldmcdonald.org/code/main.php?p=6200000 / Cheating / Bottom Dealing (Still Fingers)

I hope it will be of some help.
DavidGold
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DavidGold
I really appreciate your comment! this is the reason I put my stuff up is so that it my be corrected by people more skilled than I.Anyway very nice bottoms and I was wondering if you could give me somewhere where I could see a breakdown of the still fingers move I would love to learn it

Thanks a lot
David
magician8
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of magician8
You look too tense. Relax the shoulders and sit back in the chair. Try dealing from a relaxed position and not moving the entire body forward when dealing. Apart from that, looks good.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Never seen that in print. The technique I use in the video is actually a mixture of several concepts grabbed here and there through the years. (As you can see I use a grip/take not really common, albeit "natural"). I still can detail it in a future booklet if some are interested. But who is interested in bottom dealing nowadays?
DavidGold
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DavidGold
A big question I have is should I use Erdnase grip or my favorite Mechanics grip? or do they both work? by the way AMcD if you could give me any detail of you movei would love to see it but if you don't want to I understand... it takes work

Respectfully
David
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Use the grip you feel comfortable with! There are no rules about that. Your fingers are unique, your hand, your skin, etc. It requires time and practice to find the good formula.

Nevertheless, if you ask me, don't use the Erdnase grip! I've never seen a card player handling the cards using a grip like Erdnase's. It's not natural at all. It arouses suspicion. And whether "big names" use it or not has no importance. NATURALNESS is the key word.
DavidGold
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DavidGold
Ok I mean I love my mechanics grip and I like to keep it the same so I can deal bottoms seconds and centers from the same grip,the only problem for me was I did not know if it was possible to get a deal with no flash but after seeing your vid I am convinced it is possible so thank you very much. Guess I just gotta keep workin at it

David
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
379 Posts

Profile of Vincero
Not bad. There's finger movement, but it can be rectified with practise. In the first video you were tilting your wrist down as the bottom was dealt... Work on getting rid of that, it's not necessary. Also, you seem a bit heavy handed with the cards you're dealing. A lighter touch might help you out a bit.

Grips a personal thing. If you search this forum you'll find heaps of threads that end in debates about the relevance of different grips... usually the Erdnase Grip. I use the Erdnase grip because I get the most success with it and it looks natural in my hands. I like to experiment with other grips from time to time though. If you like the Mechanic's Grip, then stick with it.

Zac
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
lagoss
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of lagoss
I agree with magician8 it does look really tense... especially when you stare at the camera like that haha.. I use a mechanics grip because like amcd said, the erdnase grip is unnatural.. Although I do find it much easier to eliminate finger flash when I much about with an erdnase grip.
lagoss
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of lagoss
Look at Doc's slow bottom deal on his video and how smoothly and naturally he does it.. Beautiful and relaxed
DavidGold
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of DavidGold
I definatly see that my flash is noticable but whenever I try to corret it it seems like I have to move my fingers out of the way of the card. I have improved it by bending my fingers only at the first joint but there is still a small amount flash and the noise is killer. Any ideas?

Respectfully
David
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
Quote:
On 2012-01-20 14:32, DavidGold wrote:
I definatly see that my flash is noticable but whenever I try to corret it it seems like I have to move my fingers out of the way of the card. I have improved it by bending my fingers only at the first joint but there is still a small amount flash and the noise is killer. Any ideas?

Respectfully
David

Yes, shoot a video of your bottoms without any volume and no finger flash,... no problem.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Bottom Deal 2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL