The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » ESP Cards (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
mentalism addict
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of mentalism addict
Anglo esp cards by el duco
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1764 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I bought a set of Neil's plastic HOME ESP cards; actually, I bought two sets.

I can report that the plastic cards are exquisite. If you consider this more durable option, do NOT think of "plastic" as we first experienced in the 1970's, or whenever. This is a higher-tech refined plastic.

And do not think "laminated" in the sense of Neil simply laminating the regular card stock; which would be fine, but the deck would be thicker. There are NOT thicker; they fit in the same box as the regular HOME ESP card set.

A plastic set costs about $20 more, but more than worth it if you value durability.

George
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3051 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2017, George Hunter wrote:

I can report that the plastic cards are exquisite. If you consider this more durable option, do NOT think of "plastic" as we first experienced in the 1970's, or whenever. This is a higher-tech refined plastic.

And do not think "laminated" in the sense of Neil simply laminating the regular card stock; which would be fine, but the deck would be thicker. There are NOT thicker; they fit in the same box as the regular HOME ESP card set.

A plastic set costs about $20 more, but more than worth it if you value durability.

George

I'm glad you're so happy with them! Thank you.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
805 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Late to this party. My vote is for the Anglo ESP cards.
Aaron Vlack
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Aaron Vlack
Https://e5pdeck.blogspot.com/

This one is a new one from my friend Pablo Amira. I has a great an easy double marking system.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Oh and btw if you choose to print your own cards, on a blank card stock, I can tell you how to mark the cards so that you don't even, have to see them.

rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2019, Senor Fabuloso wrote:
Oh and btw if you choose to print your own cards, on a blank card stock, I can tell you how to mark the cards so that you don't even, have to see them.

Would you please teach us how?
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 24, 2019, rockbrunnen wrote:
Quote:

PM sent. Enjoy.

rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Quote:
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2019, rockbrunnen wrote:
Quote:

PM sent. Enjoy.

Thank you very much!
That idea is simple but, as far as I know, there are no decks on market using that marking.
I think I will make one myself!
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On May 9, 2017, Dr Art wrote:
Are the MOD MK ESP cards still available anywhere? The link to the website is dead. Also. Simon has no PM on the Café. Anyone have any contact info for him?

... Time passes...

And the website is back!

(You heard it here first.)

Sorry, everyone, for being away for so many years. I've been a bit busy but now have help in place to handle the massive volumes of orders that are no doubt about to come my way : )

Cheers,
T.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2329 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2020, Simon (Ted) Edwards wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2017, Dr Art wrote:
Are the MOD MK ESP cards still available anywhere? The link to the website is dead. Also. Simon has no PM on the Café. Anyone have any contact info for him?

... Time passes...

And the website is back!

(You heard it here first.)

Sorry, everyone, for being away for so many years. I've been a bit busy but now have help in place to handle the massive volumes of orders that are no doubt about to come my way : )

Cheers,
T.

Ah, nice! my timing was good, just ordered a set of MOD MK ESP cards
khuzhai
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of khuzhai
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2017, Necromancer wrote:
Quote:

George

Just got my copy of neils plastic esp cards and it’s probably the best deck of cards I’ve owned.
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
453 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Go to Theory 11, get a deck of gold "Tycoon" cards ($10). Then, hop over to walmart & get a bottle of acetone (paint/polish/ink/other coatings remover) ($2).

Rub off the faces of 5 cards (I'd recommend the Aces, since there's less ink to remove.), and add your symbols.

Now mark the backs.

All together, it's going to be ~$15 & 30 minutes of work for 5 cards. But you've got a whole deck of very nice-looking.... which from the back, don't-look-like-playing-cards... cards.

I've found that the "rider back" cards are commonly associated with magic tricks. But if you get one of these 'different decks', like archangels, tycoon, architect, etc., rub off the faces, and put something else on the card, the audience doesn't associate "card tricks" with whatever you are doing. i.e.: if you want to use cards in mentalism, just don't use cards that everyone is familiar with.

I'll make a video of how I mark the backs (will post on this website by tomorrow) + a marking system for archangel cards: https://skywardmagic.com/free-magic-and-mentalism/

Tom
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4502 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
A few years ago, I started collecting various decks of Zener cards. I can tell you which marked decks are easiest to read to the trained eye while still remaining deceptive to the untrained.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3051 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2021, khuzhai wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2017, Necromancer wrote:
Quote:

George

Just got my copy of neils plastic esp cards and it’s probably the best deck of cards I’ve owned.

TREMENDOUS! Khuzhai, you just made my day Smile
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1745 Posts

Profile of celebrity
For many years my Beyond ESP deck was the go to deck for countless performers (we sold over 18,000 decks). More recently I re-evaluated and improved the marking system and created my Naked ESP deck. These are available in both plastic and superior smooth card stocks. The design is very minimalist (just a simple boarder on the backs) unlike my Beyond ESP deck there is no longer a need to count the corners you can instantly identify each card, even from a spread condition. Not only that, you can also instantly locate any symbol from within the spread too. These also come with the usual gimmicked cards (double face/back etc) and these fakes also include a brand new ESP card gimmick that opens up a huge range of possibilities.

Here is the link for those that wish to check them out -

https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/naked-......d1&_ss=r

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Inevitably, when these threads are revived, I receive orders for the MK-MOD ESP Test Cards.

I've just noticed that they are 10 years old.

Thanks for your support over the last decade, folks!

(And great to see some familiar faces still contributing Smile )

Cheers,
T.
stevie c
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of stevie c
A quick shout out for these ESP cards:-

https://blackcatmagic.co.uk/product/blac......e-multi/

One-way design, subtle and clever marking system, and they handle absolutely beautifully.

Top notch, and the creator is a very nice, helpful guy.

Best wishes to all and a great thread!!!

Steve
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
453 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Sorry to everyone who was expecting the marking system last Sunday. My neighbor got attacked & I was a witness.... so it was a weird weekend.

Anyway, I AM making the video.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » ESP Cards (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL