The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » ESP Cards (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3051 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2016, Julie wrote:
The Vernet ESP cards are a step-up from the Royal Magic set as the Vernet is very easy to read and the backs look a bit more "professional" IMO. Not expensive either when compared to some of the others discussed.

Julie

Forgive me, but I find their playing card-like backs illogical.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
If only the backs could have the words "ESP Testing Material"! Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3576 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2016, Alan Wheeler wrote:
If only the backs could have the words "ESP Testing Material"! Smile

Would it be helpful to have those words printed on the box? It would be relatively easy to cover a printed piece of paper with clear package sealing tape and permanently affix this to the outside of the box...

Julie
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Thanks, Julie. I do like the Vernet cards but was doing a cheer for Neil and alluding to his cards that look more appropriate for psychology lab work. They do have those words on the back! Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2087 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I never leave the house without Paul Carnazzo's (two sets) of Zenner cards in my wallet. And that's in large part, why- two five-card sets fit easily in my wallet. The backs are very simple, and very deceptive.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3576 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2016, Alan Wheeler wrote:
Thanks, Julie. I do like the Vernet cards but was doing a cheer for Neil and alluding to his cards that look more appropriate for psychology lab work. They do have those words on the back! Smile

GOTCA Alan Smile

Julie
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3051 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2016, Julie wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2016, Alan Wheeler wrote:

GOTCA Alan Smile

Hahaha! Thanks, Alan!

Julie, here's a link to my deck(s), which I developed to answer a need for more authentic-looking, practical, and versatile cards.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7402
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3051 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
For those who missed it in Inner Thoughts, here's a fantastic ESP deck review that popped up recently.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=30#6
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1477 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Here's a link to my symbol deck

http://www.benblaumentalism.com/zeneration-x.html

Also, a review:

ZENERATION-X - Ben Blau
« on: November 10, 2016, 05:47:54 AM »
ReplyQuote
BEN BLAU
ZENERATION X
Suggested Retail Price:$30 ($40 OUTSIDE CONTINENTAL USA)
http://marketplaceofthemind.com/products/zenerati.html/

CLICK ON THIS TO PURCHASE

THE BLURB:
This special deck of cards for psychics and mentalists is like no other testing deck on the market right now. The deck consists of fifty blank-backed cards: ten symbols in each of five colors - red, blue, black, green, yellow. The uses for this deck are limited only by your imagination.

**JHEFF’S GUIDE**

WHAT IT IS:
A deck of fifty cards with ten symbols in each of five colors.

WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED THAT YOU NEED OR NEED TO KNOW:
There is no instruction booklet with routines. You get just the deck. You'll have to create your own routines and uses for this.

SUITABLE VENUES:
Close-up, Walkaround, Parlour

JHEFF’S JUDGMENT:
This is a deck of ten simple shapes in each of five colors for a total of fifty cards. If you are like me, and like practical and versatile tools for which you can craft your own routines, then I highly recommend this as a great source of inspiration and a challenge to figure out a stunningly effective use for this.

**MY COMMENTS**
This is not a gimmicked deck, unless you consider the design itself. This is a deck of ten simple shapes in each of five colors for a total of fifty cards. Ben Blau has not put together a booklet of routines, but most professional mentalists can probably come up some wonderful and effective ideas for this.

Some may be asking if this is similar to Sean Taylor's SYMBOLOGY DECK, which is, at the time of writing, discontinued and out of print. It is similar in that there are different colors instead of suits and symbols for values. But the similarity really stops there. These are not marked. They are blank-backed. And the SYMBOLOGY deck was an alternative to actual deck of playing cards, meaning that there were thirteen values and four different colors, as opposed to ZENERATION-X which has ten values or symbols and five colors. The deck comes in a white, unmarked box, but you can certainly use your own box.

If you are like me, and like practical and versatile tools for which you can craft your own routines, then I highly recommend this as a great source of inspiration and a challenge to figure out a stunningly effective use for this.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3051 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
A new five-star review just showed up on Penguin for the HOME system, calling the cards "definitely a must-have for the paranormal performer." Check it out for yourself.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7402#reviews
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3051 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Oh, and a quick point of clarification: Ben's symbol deck, of which I've heard excellent things, has no secret markings. The HOME system does. Different tools for different needs.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3643 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Neil's cards look great and I will be checking them out. I know as soon as I say Tenyo many here will check out... but their new Hyper ESP Cards have an interesting marking system that I have not seen before. I can read the marks from 8 - 10 feet but up close difficult for the spectator to see anything. I will be using these for effects where I want to be at a distance from the spectator. Great that there are many options to consider/use... and I think I own most of them Smile

Cheers,

John
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
691 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Both Ben and Neil's sets look amazing. Well done gentlemen.
Check out my (soon to be released) ebook, WANDERER at..
www.experience-architecture.com
hypnomagic
View Profile
New user
UK
33 Posts

Profile of hypnomagic
Without going into too much detail on an open forum I'll just say that the HOME system and decks by Neil Tobin are excellent.

I've been looking for a coloured deck of ESP cards that don't have a "magicians prop" look and these fit the bill perfectly. They handle well, look great and the certain something about them is incredibly well done.

I managed to give these a real road test this weekend for paying clients and was very pleased with the cards. They don't arouse suspicion as they look as you would imagine a deck of ESP symbols to look without the playing card backs. There's an authentic feel about them.

Everything about this deck is quality including the instructions. These fit my needs perfectly.

Regards

David
Gismologic
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Gismologic
I actually have been waiting for a set of "Beyond ESP" decks from Murry.. they are out of stock.
These should fit the bill nicely.
I like David Thiel's thinking on usage.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
542 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2016, Necromancer wrote:
A new five-star review just showed up on Penguin for the HOME system, calling the cards "definitely a must-have for the paranormal performer." Check it out for yourself.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7402#reviews

Neil, HOME sweet HOME. Great system! Luc.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Love the Anglo Esp Cards, once I got those, I started using them in place of all my other decks

Anglo ESP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QMTUHuXGk

ESP Origins is easily my second favorite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1QFDzFDvog

Beyond ESP - these are much harder to read but the book is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OotcnpnpuEc
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3051 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2017, DavidKenney wrote:
Love the Anglo Esp Cards, once I got those, I started using them in place of all my other decks
ESP Origins is easily my second favorite
Beyond ESP - these are much harder to read but the book is awesome

My problem with the Anglo ESP cards and others of its ilk is that they have back designs that look like they were lifted directly from playing cards -- a far cry from the laboratory for which the Zener deck was created, and whose credibility I feel it should invoke. The back design for ESP Origins is a bit better, but so complicated that it practically telegraphs it's hiding something. Much better esthetically are the Beyond ESP cards, but its system didn't suit: I needed cards which could be read far more easily and reliably without viewing the entire back.

That's why I developed my HOME system.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7402

But you know: different strokes for different folks. Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
The new Tenyo cards are pretty nice if you are in a parlor type environment, reading the cards from 4 or more feet away.
They also resemble the Rhine cards except the back has dots in a uniform pattern in place of stars. The blue backings color is similar, and the box is modeled after the Rhine box.
casco1
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of casco1
Necromancer's card looks great, I will consider buying it. I would also suggest buying a copy of beyond esp 3 as long as it is still available
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » ESP Cards (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL