The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » ESP Cards (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1568 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I second Necromancer's cards. The BEST esp deck I've used. The systems in place are genius, easy to spot, and they look like what they are.... esp testing cards, not magicians playing cards like so many of the ones listed in this thread. If you are a magician doing a magic trick, those are fine, but if you want realism in your act, then you cannot do better than these cards. I have really enjoyed putting them to use in the last few months.

-Eli
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2607 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I want Phill Smith to hurry up with his, using his fave current 'method'
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3051 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
NEW review just in from Genii magazine (March 2017) for the HOME system:
"The quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market." Wow!
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Are the Tenyo cards easily readable on close up situation too?
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4502 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, Recoplon wrote:
Are the Tenyo cards easily readable on close up situation too?

Not really.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Dr Art
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Art
Are the MOD MK ESP cards still available anywhere? The link to the website is dead. Also. Simon has no PM on the Café. Anyone have any contact info for him?

By the way, I bought the Tenyo ESP deck and after a few hours of playing around, I could read them close up. It is an optical/brain hack type of thing. The six to eight feet distance is pretty easy and visible. So if you want the best of both worlds, you can make it work.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Hi Dr Art,

They are still available but as the site more or less says, "Just send us an email (si {@} mind.hak.me) and we'll reply as soon as possible."

I'd be very happy to share more details over email.

Best wishes,
Si
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Profile of rasp
Michael Murray, has the latest version of Beyond ESP, launching. Fantastic cards and can be read from a spread Smile
Dr Art
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Art
Hi Simon,

I did try sending you an email directly from a cut and paste in your post excluding the outer parenthesis and it got an error message as not a valid address. It does look like a pretty odd email configuration. It has weird parenthesis inside the email address also, that does not look very conforming.

If you could pm me some other email address that would reach you, that would be helpful.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
You'd also need to exclude the spaces and {} brackets, which are not valid in an email address.

Best wishes,
T
Stu Montgomery
View Profile
Veteran user
St Petersburg FL
354 Posts

Profile of Stu Montgomery
Quote:
On May 8, 2017, Dr Art wrote:
Are the MOD MK ESP cards still available anywhere? The link to the website is dead. Also. Simon has no PM on the Café. Anyone have any contact info for him?

By the way, I bought the Tenyo ESP deck and after a few hours of playing around, I could read them close up. It is an optical/brain hack type of thing. The six to eight feet distance is pretty easy and visible. So if you want the best of both worlds, you can make it work.

I have Simons cards & just love them. They meet (& exceed) my criteria to be easy & quick to read close up (tabled), & in varying light conditions. No one has noticed the markings - & that includes a couple of magician friends. Smile
"Round about what is, lies a whole mysterious world of might be" Longfellow.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3051 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quick note about the HOME ESP cards: they are also available in KEM-quality durable plastic by custom order. Details in this thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
ProfessorMagicJMG
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of ProfessorMagicJMG
These cards are excellent. I took some fine grit sandpaper to the card box and took off the gloss. Used a pencil to label the box as if it had been a catalogued item in a research lab. Created a "property of" stamp to complete the look of an item owned by a research lab known for conducting psi experiments. Aged the card edges with an off-white marker. They look amazingly authentic now, as if well-handled over the years, and I keep them with my 1st edition copy of the book about the Rhine experiments (abebooks.com). I bring these all out to introduce The Artifactum (Gemini Artifacts) by Alchemy Moon. Artifactum is based on the Zener cards but look like an ancient magical artifact. Wonderful combination. Highly recommend Necromancer's set.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke's 3rd Law

"Any sufficiently primitive technology can mystify a postmodern audience." - JMG's Corollary to Clarke's 3rd Law
MentalMik
View Profile
Regular user
Ridgecrest, California
182 Posts

Profile of MentalMik
My cards arrived from Penguin today, I broke out the old typewriter and made a label for the box. Looking forward to trying these out.
From the mind of Mik.
Ridgecrest, California, by way of the UK.
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
691 Posts

Profile of Waters.
I love the resurgence of Zener interest of late. Great design and improved features have made effects even more practical. I am nearing completion on my release regarding Zener work. I am truly proud of these routines and am confident that owners of Michael's, Neil's, Ted's or anyone else's sets will have effects (I hope you agree) that are worthy of their use. "Not Just a River in Deutschland" has routines from the ridiculously simple to elaborate, but workable. I am confident that you will find something you love.
Check out my (soon to be released) ebook, WANDERER at..
www.experience-architecture.com
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3501 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Nice!
All of the ESP effects from Waters that I have read are great, very much looking forward to the book.

I love his cards too, not sure if they're going to be available again, but they are great. Besides having a great design, they are extremely sturdy too, the 10 that I keep in my wallet are still in great shape.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Wow, great to hear Sean. Look forward to the book!
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
699 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Are these only available from penguin? Any uk dealers got them?
StephenRoy
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of StephenRoy
I needed a special thing, so I just designed and printed my own at http://www.makeplayingcards.com.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3051 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Quote:
On Aug 24, 2017, ed wood wrote:
Are these only available from penguin? Any uk dealers got them?

The HOME system is only available from Penguin; custom plastic sets can only be ordered directly from me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » ESP Cards (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL