The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ignition New Effect ! By Magic Smith (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Ignition looks Great ! I just ordered it from http://www.Magicsmith.com The quality looks great & you can hand the key out after the penetration .
Tophatter
magicgoneviral
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of magicgoneviral
Looking forward to a review on this. The props look nice but sometimes you just don't know.
Falconer
View Profile
Special user
PORTUGAL
576 Posts

Profile of Falconer
Very visual indeed! The method is very, very clever also!

Falconer
FALCONER
IMAGICIANS.DE facebook falcobook
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Just received this today. This is VERY VERY good!
Will be a real worker. Some of the tips on the DVD are
excellent.

Nice job MagicSmith!!!
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
I think it looks AWESOME!

I will Definately be getting this!!!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
It looks brilliant and one I would use. Thing is my sharpie thru bill is the pen I can use to sign the bill. Do I really need the extra prop? Just a though, but maybe the answer is no. Then again, it's always nice to be able to do it again with another object.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Is there a dealer in Europe ?
patrick1515
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of patrick1515
Recently purchased this and I have to say I am very pleased.
The pen thru bill still gets great reactions, but it has been subject to a great deal of exposure.
(Cheap "knockoff versions" the most recent, Chris Angel version at the Dollar Tree)
Unlike the pen, there is no need to "switch out" anything,the bill and key can be handed out immediately.
I works great for me strolling. 2 thumbs up!
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
I just bought this and it makes a bill penatration awesome. Key can be fully examined before and after the trick if you wish. Audience sees the tip driving to the bill. Very visual. Also has some different handlings on the dvd including one with sugar packets. This one is a user with a seemingly ordinary object.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I use the method on the dvd with the Bill creased over my fist seems to make for a better penetration sound . Also I have more control over the gimmick this way & the sound of the penetration is much louder !
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I love this key! As a rule, I never hand out my props for examination by spectators. However with Ignition I do hand out the key both before and after the magic takes place. Not specifically for examination, though that is naturally what the specs do of course! With this gimmick you matter-of-factly hand the key out both times so you can use both of your hands, at the start so you can borrow a bill and position it on your fist, and after the penetration to give you the use of both hands to "heal" the penetrated bill. Of course the spec to whom you hand the key checks it out carefully and often passes it to another spec for the same purpose. They hand it back to you and eagerly check the bill to find out what the heck you did to it. Of course there is no evidence of anything at all on the key or bill! It all just fits together so naturally and shows the magic without giving any hint as to method. Perfect effect IMO!!

Thanks!

Jim
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
This is nicely made. Gets awesome reactions. Though, just be careful carrying on your keychain. My gimmick has come off a few times. Thankfully I found it, but for $60.00- I don't want to take the chance! But the effect really plays well.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
956 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On 2012-01-22 16:17, Waterloophai wrote:
Is there a dealer in Europe ?

Hope this is of help. http://www.alakazam.co.uk/
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
drewski
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of drewski
Saw this at Fantasma. Super slick handling and super cool effect! Clever design too!
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Got mine yesterday
10/10 for the key
10/10 for the dvd
I had to reserve one because it keeps selling out in Australia
I think that proves how good it is.
Thanks Magic Smith.
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Last night while shopping I performed Ignition for the cash register girl at Woolworths ,also had a few on lookers.It whent over great,she just stared at me with a blank face as we walked out of the store.lol
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
DavidMor
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of DavidMor
I just got this yesterday. It is excellent. It is nice to be able to carry a trick around with you, and be ready to perform with "common" objects. It is well made, should last a lifetime, and is well thought out. You do have to guard against certain angles, but that is simple enough. I do not recommend quickly dragging the key sideways across the face of the bill. When I saw someone do that, I began to figure it out. Instead, once you "punch through", move the key very little, and only in a "cutting" motion, as if the key is slicing through the bill. I think it is undetectable, especially since everyone's attention is drawn to the non-pierced dollar bill, as if any tricks would be present there. Great effect. Worth the money.
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
I also recently purchased ignition. This pretty much makes the pen through dollar obsolete! There are no funny moves, every move that's made appears to be exactly what you would do if you were driving the key through the bill. Like others have already said you can hand out the key before and after. I give this a 10/10!
salcioppa
View Profile
New user
Columbus, Ohio
59 Posts

Profile of salcioppa
I bought this trick and I like it a lot. I've performed it about a dozen or so times already and I think it plays better than the pen through bill penetration. It's easy to do, well made and IMHO is great for walk-around, strolling or restaurant work if you have the pocket space for another effect. I say it's worth the money if you use it. Otherwise, it's just another overpriced trick in the drawer. Smile
At a convention of mind readers, a man sees an attractive woman he'd like to meet. He walks up to her and says, "Hello! You're Susan. Who am I?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ignition New Effect ! By Magic Smith (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL