The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Romantic Mentalism (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
"Cut to the Heart" from The Wizards' Journal #8 (on my site).
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Lincoln has a whole ebook on Romantic Mentalism. It can be found here: http://www.lincolnworld.com/products/
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1537 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I'm definitely interested in that.
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Try "A S'lie Open Prediction". It is the bonus presentation at the back of S'lie (Book Four in the Act-Series). The script already involves a recollection of a guest's first date so it would do well for that theme.

Cheers,
Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
ELima
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
164 Posts

Profile of ELima
Is not 5 min too short for mentalism!!!

I remember buying a trick many years ago and got a DVD called 'Flirting with magic'. Rather silly, really, but I did get some ideas from that DVD that I have used later for special occations (e.g the levitating ring). Others I have not tried (e.g the levitating pen... ehm).

Seriously: I have used "Great for two book test" (Richard Webster) many times for couples. A masterpiece.

Secondly: I was at the London Magic Castle a year ago or so, and a couple demonstrated how to cut a paper into two rings interlinked. I have used this SO many times since!!!! Wish I'd remember their names. I owe them a big THANK YOU!

Endre
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Thank you all for your suggestions and ideas. This certainly gave me a lot of romantic food for thought.
Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2012-01-15 14:06, ELima wrote:
Secondly: I was at the London Magic Castle a year ago or so, and a couple demonstrated how to cut a paper into two rings interlinked. I have used this SO many times since!!!! Wish I'd remember their names. I owe them a big THANK YOU!

Endre

I'm not sure if it's the same version, but here's how to cut Möbius strips so that you get two linked hearts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuUtAWtbVHo

It's not mentalism per se, but it could certainly add atmosphere to a mentalism performance.
Rebecca_Harris
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Rebecca_Harris
I've got a routine that I love to perform for couples, I always start off with a simple ESP test. No gimmicks or tricks, just a plain and simple test where one choose an ESP symbol and transmits it to the other partner. You can use some verbal nudges if you wanted to, I don't, I find it interesting justu how often this hits (far more than the 1 in 5 chance would suggest) and when it does it, the reactions are great.

I'll then go on to a few other effects, a think of a dream holiday location where both think of the same place and usually finish up with PK touches.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Romantic Mentalism (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL