The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Friday The 13th luck! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Friday The 13th is supposed to be a day of bad luck and whatnot but not for me.just before christmas I got let go from the job I worked at which put a dampner on christmas for me, today of all days I got 3 phone calls for job offers which I've taken one and start monday,sweet!
Looks like it's back to the c.u.p.s for me Smile

Kieran

p.s I just purchased "the magicans guide to palmreading" by paul vodini for £2, can this day get any better!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Quick go buy a lottery ticket, and then make a move on the first nice girl you see.

When you're on a roll......

steve
maxpax
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
120 Posts

Profile of maxpax
I live in Sweden so I'm not sure about this but is it true that in USA they skip the number 13th in the numbering of floors and rooms?
And yeah it's been a good day.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Maxpax,

Yes it's true. I don't think it is commonly done anymore with new buildings but through most of the 20th century it was done especially in hotels. Very few classic hotels in the States have a 13th floor.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Bad luck, smhack luck I say!

I say follow this...

"Work like it's your passion, love like you'd never get hurt, dance like no one is watching and dream like you'll live forever..." Smile

Happy for you... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Congrats Kieran!

May all your days be Friday the 13ths!!
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
641 Posts

Profile of Sensio
I have seen many number 666 rooms in hospitals...
Ouch

:)
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
TRIXADEXAPHOBIA .... Thanks to the BEAN!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I just accidentally killed a whole movies worth of people near a lake.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Does anyone know the origins of the Friday the 13th myth? It's actually quite fascinated. Remember Demolay
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 16:31, Chaz93 wrote:
Does anyone know the origins of the Friday the 13th myth? It's actually quite fascinated. Remember Demolay

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th should explain everything.

I had some great news yesterday. Really great. Friday 13th is really coasting on its reputation. Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I have had several birthdays fall on a friday, and being born on the 13th... each one is pretty much been the same as the rest... I had a perfectly nice time yesterday admiring a very good looking woman in a pub, and I drank a fair bit of indian pale ale too with a friend of mine...
I've asked to be banned
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Did the "Good looking Woman" get better looking as you sank the Indian pale ale? Smile Smile
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2012-01-14 06:28, innercirclewannabe wrote:
Did the "Good looking Woman" get better looking as you sank the Indian pale ale? Smile Smile

she didn't need too... flawless skin, and a very lovely nose... I was hoping she was wearing-beer goggles so I could chat to her, but decided against trying due to said indian pale ale...
I've asked to be banned
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Lovely nose......... always a bonus!!
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quote:
On 2012-01-14 08:18, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-14 06:28, innercirclewannabe wrote:

she didn't need too... flawless skin, and a very lovely nose... I was hoping she was wearing-beer goggles so I could chat to her, but decided against trying due to said indian pale ale...

Nice ass?

Kieran
magic maniac
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of magic maniac
I learned a new superstition yesterday that I was unaware of.

People are afraid to fly on Friday the 13th, not because they're worried about the plane going down, but that they will die the following day ?

Airlines actually lower flight prices on Friday 13th because of this. Good time to buy a ticket if you ask me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Friday The 13th luck! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL