The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BBC The Magicians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Amazed that nobody has picked up on the exposure and prostitution of magic on this show.

The unreal fly docs the Big Bro and Celebs type programmes are getting a following, of course,, so does Postman Pat, The Adult Channels and Songs of Praise. So numbers watching have no bearing on the quality of this crap show.

Divide it up>>>> Celebs (What qualifies the lable Celeb??? To sleep with a footballer, Take drugs have a big mouth with hair on or getting your saggy tits out,,,) Is this really the definition of a Celeb.

Then there are the "World Famed Magicians" C`mon who are you kidding here >> A couple of kids who Buggered up the slicer Illusion, Another who uses camera tricks or the other who pinches from other magicians cos he hasnt got a brain of his own >>> World Famed !!!! I think not.

I have made a full time business from Sideshow and escapes over a thirty plus year period,,,,so what do these idiots do >>> They show that with only a few seconds prompting, anyone can eat fire, walk on glass, do BON etc etc,,,So they have belittled Sideshow,,,now they are working on the same prostitution of escapology. What next.

So where are the IBM the Circle etc etc,,,ethics, hell,,exposure right there on the box,,,,anyone can do these death defying stunts so who in their right mind would pay let alone book a sideshow performer !!!!

I have tweeted (They are very selective which tweets show up on their site hahaha) I have emailed,,but no putting their money where there mouths are here,,,not one reply hahaha so work it out yourselfs.

There is a site on here where a fellow magician offers all the secrets to everything the BBC 1 magicians do,,,,so if they should fool you (Doubtfull) He will reveal their methods. Sadly this offer is open to the general public as well. Still he feels strongly enough about the prostitution of his art and in his own way turned the tables.

Remember, Magic without secrets is not magic, remember those magi who have gone before us and left us a wealth of knowledge, remember the Circle and IBM aims and ethics (Now vanished).

So to these idiots I say ok you are making a few bob out of others labours today but what goes around comes around and you will eventualy self destruct. Sooner than later, I hope.

Ken.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Hi Ken,
Someone on the Café is revealing methods?
Or a completely different site?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Another site and also in their local Press. I promised to keep them out of it but Im sure the Magicians know who it is hahaha.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Aha got ya.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Last night they did Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders and also Window by David Stone with the so call (very minor) celebrities.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
SmithMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of SmithMagicMan
Quote:
On 2012-02-12 10:03, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
Last night they did Extreme Burn 2.0 by Richard Sanders and also Window by David Stone with the so call (very minor) celebrities.

I'm 15, and sent in some footage to be shown on Help! My Supply Teacher Is Magic! and I sent in about 5 minutes of me doing pretty good magic, visual card stuff etc, and I did Extreme Burn on the footage.

They showed me doing a really bad and awkward coin vanish.

On the same show, one of the presenters did the very same trick, and not as well.
grr
craigsquires
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of craigsquires
Hi

Over the last 5 years I have had my own events company and actually have been planning the entire event so have ended up not performing myself and selling other magicians for the gigs.

For the last couple of years it has been so hard to sell a magician for any of these events as no one was interested and the statement "its old hat" was used too often.

Over the last few months this has changed dramatically, now my clients are asking for magicians!

I believe this is purely down to shows such as Dynamo: Magician Impossible And The Magicians.

So as far as hating on these shows....yes they may not be our cup of tea or up to our own standard of what we believe to be a good magic show, but for the working pros I think we should count ourselves lucky that there is any magic on TV at all!

Craig
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2012-02-02 14:11, shouksmiths wrote:
I've been really enjoying the shows. The forfeits at the end as well had me on the edge of my seat thinking this is live and what happens if someone really got hurt.

Have you been watching the same show ?

You must be the only Person in Brittan who is as you put it “on the edge of your Seat”

After the 1st Show Pete Firman cock up with the Boiling Hot Laver that he spilt over his Jacket but did not even leave a stain (a Fact that did not go unnoticed by the persons on the lay forums)

And let’s not forget the Poor Camera angle that once again exposed the arrow through the apple on head forfeit

Quote:
On 2012-02-02 14:11, shouksmiths wrote:
The Magic is usually of good quality and I Do like Pete Farman’s original take on some classic tricks

I am glad you do as his Take on the Classic Tossed out desk (Putting the Deck in a Bucket then adding a long poll ) added nothing to the effect in fact while watching this with several lay persons prompted “There must be a switch for another Deck inside the Bucket “

While I know this show is not for Magicians looking at the audience figures, the lay persons don’t like it much, I do not think this will be back for another series
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The working pros should think themselves lucky !!!!! Are you barking mad ???? I have been pro for over forty years making a living from the very stunts these pratts have disclosed as easy,,,so easy in fact that with only a few seconds banter the "Celebs" can do that which has taken me years to perfect !!!!

So your a pro,,,then all of a sudden the TV shows everyone how easy your act really is !!!

I challenge these pervs who prostitute our heritage to teach a "Celeb" to sword swallow in thirty seconds,,,what no takers !!! Hahaha guess they are out of their depth now. Shouldnt be though cos they are the Worlds Leading Magicians,,,,yep right and Im the Queen Mother.

Whats the Magic Circle, IBM, Ring 25 doing,,,,nothing,,,ethics !!!

May they all RIP

Ken.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Excellent post Ken
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BBC The Magicians (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL