The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » For all the Banjo players... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Atticus R. Cane
View Profile
Regular user
since Mar 15, 2007 and still only
181 Posts

Profile of Atticus R. Cane
A word of caution:

I just discovered that the Dunlop plastic thumb pick is HIGHLY flammable.

Do not attempt to heat the plastic with a lighter in order to widen the band. It went up like a roman candle and disappeared into the ether leaving behind only a blister on my finger. Apparently its made of the same crap as flash paper.

I found this video after the fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPq8rTPencU

It's going to be metal picks for me from here on out.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Ping Pong balls used to do the same thing...may still, for all I know. They were great for 4th of July when you couldn't afford fireworks. Impressive. Especially in a slingshot.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Atticus R. Cane
View Profile
Regular user
since Mar 15, 2007 and still only
181 Posts

Profile of Atticus R. Cane
I think it's funny they moved this from the penny forum. I was making a utility gimmick for mentalisim. I guess whoever moved it isn't aware of what I was referring to.

If this topic is going to be moved it should be moved to the workshop.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
What you want to do is drill a hole in a ping pong ball, full it with gunpowder, get some fuse and duct tape... wait. Nevermind. I can't promote such reckless behavior...
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Bill Hilly
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of Bill Hilly
Hehehe, a petroleum product, no doubt. I use boiling water to heat my picks to shape them.

I've been expeimenting with making some plastic finger picks that will go on similar to the Alaskan ProPicks and be bidirectional. The idea is to be able to switch from Scruggs style to clawhammer style without changing picks. I'm using old credit cards to make them.

- B.H.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I guess this applies to celluloid dice, as well.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » For all the Banjo players... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL