The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Resurrection of Doctor Crow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It helps if you read it out load and act out the parts.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has tried out the Doctor Crow NW described in the book.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1257 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I’ve tried it out. Hmmm. How to write this without starting another NW war and also not give away too much.

Here goes.

Concerning the materials used, I’m lucky enough to live in the center of my town, Portland, Oregon, so they were fairly easy to find although it did have a scavenger hunt feel to it.

I built my first prototype quickly. Anyone with thumbs should have no problems. But the colors! It was a voyage of self-discovery. This was my first time trying to mix colors to match my skin tone. Days later I got it right. And my prototype now has seven layers of enamel. As a warning to others, you probably won’t be right the first time you try. I’m so white skinned I glow in the dark so imagine my surprise to learn how much brown I needed to add to the ‘cauldron’.

As to use, I have to say I haven’t found a better NW. Naturally this is very subjective but it solves all manner of problems I previous had. The original NWs won’t stay put for me, get lost ( they’re tiny buggers) and my hand gets a cramp using them and appears unnatural. Boons are lovely but the skick-um gets stuck-em to everything. And they slip. Again, this is just my experience.

These babies, I’ve found, stay on, are a little too big to lose easily, adaptable to both my thumb and finger ( I PW using my forefinger). They get the job done. Also a nice feeling using a gaff you made. Pretty cheap to make too. I should add that I use NWs a lot.

I suppose the argument could be made that they are a bit bigger than the average NW and might be more easily spotted. Well I was a magician for more years than a mentalist so I’m no stranger to thumb tips. They also can be spotted but you learn how to use them, lessons that can easily be applied to these NWs. I never had an issue with thumb tips. I don’t expect to have one with these NWs.

Thank you Mr. Cassidy. You’ve solved my NW issues.

Now concerning peek wallets . . . .
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Yes, the colour was the most difficult part for me too. I also found that cutting down the length of the bit you glue on and offsetting it a bit helped as well. (trying to be cryptic!)
I think the key to the colour is adding very small amounts to the mix. My first attempt stood out like a beacon but my second attempt was pretty good.

I have 5 made up now including one with a dummy tip that I use for a c***** p**** effect that I do. Best NW I've ever used and I've tried most...

Best
Sean
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Glad to hear these are working out for you. Thanks for the feedback!

Best-

Bob
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Huh, I didn't have any problems with the color.
I think it was "light tan" or something like that but one of the first colors I saw worked perfectly all by itself.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Mix the three colors in the cap of one of the small Testor's paint bottles and just add a few drops at a time. You should be able to match any skin tone very quickly.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Review: Bob Cassidy-The Resurrection of Dr. Crow from AmirasIdeas.com

Bob Cassidy, one of the greatest mentalist of modern times, a living legend, a superb author and a great guy. What more can we ask?
His recent eBook "The Resurrection of Doctor Crow" shows a live,unedited conversation between the hoodoo mysterious man called Dr. Crow and Mr. Cassidy.
A casual conversation , very funny and full of great ideas for the mystery performer.

Price and Description:
$29.97 at http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/resudr.html

My opinion:
24 page eBook, simple layout, a few photos to explain different needed things for the effects.
In this eBook we can have an unique opportunity to witness the unique mind of Dr. Crow. How he approaches mentalism and other performance tips.

With this eBook you can learn very simple steps to do an excellent TW with common objects that you can buy very cheaply on your local stores or even thru internet, a prediction effect using ESP Cards in an excellent way ( I already thought in a personal variation),tips on blindfold, a Do as I Do card effect involving 2 decks and a lovely girl ( girl not included on the PDF), a new study on the classic Cassidy´s Card Memory,an excellent Remote View effect using a Pocket Atlas ( with 2 different approaches) and some conversation between the Dr. and the Master on Building an Act.

This one has to be one of the funniest eBooks that I read. Very quick read, not because it's a light reading but because it's fun, and superb new ideas.
My favorite effect is the Atlas Test. Excellent thinking, simple and direct method.

Rate: 9,6/10
Mixing Cassidy, Crow and Mentalism is surely an explosive bomb of ideas for your mind. You cant go wrong with this. Even if you don't add any of the effects from the eBook to your repertoire, the thinking and theory of solid performance will help you as a performer if you know how to read between the lines.

Recommended
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Resurrection of Doctor Crow (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL