The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Chanz from Mexico City » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
This guy doesn't have to say nothing to nobody - his name is NOT THE SAME as Chance, it is NOT SPELLED THE SAME as Chance, it is NOT EVEN PRONOUNCED THE SAME as Chance! He has NOT stepped on Chance's toes - these claims are without any merit what-so-ever.

I have already quoted several of Chance's statements and I don't like wasting any more time doing so again ... but since you missed it when you quoted him Paddy ... here it is from his own mouth (err, fingers):

Quote:
On 2012-01-31 12:44, Paddy quoted Chance:
But now comes a guy who wishes to use escapes in his show, AND he wants to use a name or moniker that could easily become confused with my own.

NO! He is not using a name that can become confused with "Chance" ... his arguments would be a lot stronger against "Chance the Escapologist", but he has no problems with that guy using his name and a moniker that could easily be confused with Chance the Escapist. Hmmm ... what's up with that?

Chance is not owning up to his over reaction, he is simply saving face. Whatever. I don't have a pony in this race, so I really don't care about it's outcome. I'm just waiting to see this media project.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 12:50, Chance wrote:
I have CLEARLY stated SEVERAL TIMES BY NOW that I DO NOT blame this new guy for what has taken place.

You shouldn't be blaming ANYBODY for this! NOBODY has done you wrong in helping this guy, including finding a name that fits him.

-JoeJoe
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
I have already quoted several of Chance's statements and I don't like wasting any more time doing so again ... but since you missed it when you quoted him Paddy ... here it is from his own mouth (err, fingers):

Yikes! I misread your post Paddy ... I thought you missed Chance's admission of accusing this guy of ripping off his name, and now it won't let me edit my post.

My mistake. Sorry about that dude! Smile

-JoeJoe
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
665 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Quote:
On 2012-01-30 19:49, Chance wrote:
...He came to his name on his own, he's not performing in my market, and he wasn't named by someone that knows my act...

JoeJoe, this is where Chance implies that Birdie stole his name and gave it to Chanz. Sad, because Birdy wasn't thinking about Chance at all. He was trying to come up with a variation of "Chaplino".

So, instead of being rational, he has to bend over backwards to ignore the fellow who has his name and title, and works the same venues and come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter. Well it doesn't because that Chance probably wouldn't change it anyway. This Chance is just hoping (I guess) that his bullying in this case will make a difference.

Arguing with Chance on this one is akin to banging your head on the boardwalk. It's of no use and will just give you a headache.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
JoeJoe, you have easily written twice what I have here, and quadruple most everyone else. If anyone is overreacting around here, it's you.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Eric, I have let this kid off the hook more than once. I've asked that the insults stop so that the thread can get back on track. And, several respected members have agreed with me, even more so by PM. I realize that there's a whole group of Talksalot/Gazzo clones whose toes I'm stepping on here and who don't wish to see this die without a fight, but that's beside the point. I'm sure if someone came out with a Harry Talksalot moniker you guys would stop at nothing to shut him down. So bashing me for wanting to protect my reputation and my brand is stupid in the extreme.
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
665 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 13:45, Chance wrote:
...So bashing me for wanting to protect my reputation and my brand is stupid in the extreme.

The only one in control of your reputation is you, and you seem to be doing a poor job here of maintaining it.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Well now if anyone wants to have a gripe about similar names in this business, I (and one other person) could have one, but I (or we) do not.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 13:54, Eric Evans wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 13:45, Chance wrote:
...So bashing me for wanting to protect my reputation and my brand is stupid in the extreme.

The only one in control of your reputation is you, and you seem to be doing a poor job here of maintaining it.

If ever I want an chain smoking alcoholic to give me career advice Eric, you'll be the first person I call.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Quote:

If ever I want an chain smoking alcoholic to give me career advice Eric, you'll be the first person I call.

Now Chance you are showing everyone just how immature and ignorant you are.You would be better off just walking away from this thread and move on.

Don
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
WOW, a new low in magia'.
NOT COOL CHANCE! WAY OFF BASE MAN!

Chanz is keeping his monicker. We are sorry for any inconvenience,
it may have caused anyone, but nonetheless, Case Closed!

This is serious business, please note the gravity of such,
Escapes Can Kill

p.s. My name is Devious and I'm an alcoholic, but I don't
smoke, so I'm not doing that bad.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
But Devious, you were the first guy to PM me to say that you agreed with my position. I still have it saved. What a fickle lot we buskers are. Integrity, what's that? Just another name for sticking with the clique and to hell with the outsiders.
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
665 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
LOL>Devious

Hi Don!! (sorry I didn't say that earlier)

I believe that Chance is trying to negate my comment to him in my previous post by libeling me here. The thing is, I know who I am and what I am and how well I do or don't do with all that. I am not, on the contrary, what he says I am, however forcefully or pervasively he may say it.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE WITH ME CHANCE!

I have remained out of this for now, hoping that you would come
to peace with what we have decided. You called me out by crossing
the line with Eric, so now I'm all in!

I too have that PM so please don't think you are doing me any favors.
Now you are saying that I have no integrity?

STOP THIS NONSENSE AND LET IT DIE!

Solidarity equals, United We Bargain, Divided We Beg!
Learn it Steve!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
665 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
One last thing, (I tried to edit my post above but Devious is too fast!)

My behavior here and on the pitch establishes and maintains my reputation far more effectively than any words, from whoever, ever will.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I'm going to put the ball firmly in your court here Steven,
Do you wish me to have this thread locked or deleted?

It's totally embarrrassing for any future buskers to read this nonsense.
I'm giving you a way out. Go to "Art of War" and study the approach.
I will monitor this thread for your decision.

Take a "Chance" and do the right thing. Let's kill this NOW!

P.s. "Joaquin Ayala" a Mexican Illusionist, is aware of another magician,
Dr. "Joaquin Ayala", a Spanish Magician, who is also an esteemed member here.
The former has no issue with the latter and vice versa.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hi Eric...Hope all is going good for you.

Don
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
665 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Don > Yep, I'm doing as well as can be expected Smile

chance, I thought you were wrong, but I had to check anyway. This isn't tit for tat as I don't want to go back and forth about this stuff with you.

About the worst thing I called you was a "bully". I might add a few other descriptive adjectives but will resist the impulse.

I hope you find something better to do with your time eventually.
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
474 Posts

Profile of ekins
This thread needs to be deleted and a new one started that stays on track of the original topic. This one isn't doing Chanz any favors.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 18:45, ekins wrote:
This thread needs to be deleted and a new one started that stays on track of the original topic. This one isn't doing Chanz any favors.

I agree ... make it so ... lets delete this tread and re-post the original post so we can all forget this nonsense and await the media project.

-JoeJoe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Chanz from Mexico City » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL