The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Chanz from Mexico City » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Andy_Bell
View Profile
Regular user
my mindless rambling's now total
162 Posts

Profile of Andy_Bell
Quote:
On 2012-01-23 14:59, Dave V wrote:
This thread has made me think about restarting my magic career. I wonder if the name "Second Chance" is taken?

:)


Forget it, It's becoming quite apparent that in this industry you only get one chance.
I was put on this earth to do a great many things..... I'm now so far behind that I don't think I'm ever going to die!
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
665 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Once again Chance, I think you're trying to create a mountain out of a molehill here.

You started out in this thread by making a very general, sarcastic accusation. I almost bit then but thought it silly. In spite of the fact that most here feels your concerns are trivial or based on nothing real, you continue to insist that your career has been, or will be, somehow compromised.

OK, fine. Sorry that those of us present at the time Birdy suggested the name didn't think of this possibility and your obvious resultant pain.

Maybe there's a reason for that. Maybe more than a couple.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2012-01-23 15:21, Eric Evans wrote:....OK, fine. Sorry that those of us present at the time that Birdy suggested the name didn't think of this possibility and your obvious resultant pain.

Maybe there's a reason for that. Maybe more than a couple.


AHHH, the shoe finally drops -- although much quicker than I expected.
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
665 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
What're you talking about?
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Bobby Maverick
Ever feel like you were talking about something and then somebody else says something completely different but with similar words and the next thing you know, you're arguing over socks?

I like CREW SOCKS!! AAARRRGGHHHH......yeah but you said earlier that you would never be caught dead in a crew sock. No, I said Motley Crue rocks....
Nevermind.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I think if you spent more time actually promoting yourself Chance ... and less time worrying about how much I write ... then maybe google would know you a little better. The fact of the matter is, no matter how much work you have done the past the vast overall majority of the world's population has no clue who you are. Google barely even knows you by your full name!

People that are known by a single name (ie: Britney) usually have thousands of webpages devoted to them. Your ego is way out of control! I don't kiss nobody's rear end ... I see a spade I call it a spade ... and right now I'm looking at the Ace of Spades.

That is not an "attack" on you - that is defending Chanz. You are wrong to be kicking sand in his face, and I am man enough to tell you so. I have no clue what any of this "history" is between you and whomever these other parties are - I don't have a horse in this race. I'm just telling it to your straight the way I see it. Put whatever color glasses you want on to dismiss my honesty, I don't care. It's still the truth.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Quote:
On 2012-01-23 17:27, JoeJoe wrote:
I think if you spent more time actually promoting yourself Chance ... and less time worrying about how much I write ... then maybe google would know you a little better. The fact of the matter is, no matter how much work you have done the past the vast overall majority of the world's population has no clue who you are. Google barely even knows you by your full name!

People that are known by a single name (ie: Britney) usually have thousands of webpages devoted to them. Your ego is way out of control! I don't kiss nobody's rear end ... I see a spade I call it a spade ... and right now I'm looking at the Ace of Spades.

That is not an "attack" on you - that is defending Chanz. You are wrong to be kicking sand in his face, and I am man enough to tell you so. I have no clue what any of this "history" is between you and whomever these other parties are - I don't have a horse in this race. I'm just telling it to your straight the way I see it. Put whatever color glasses you want on to dismiss my honesty, I don't care. It's still the truth.

-JoeJoe

Another good post Amazing.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
So much for being done with it. Hard to sleep with you guys snoring and farting all over the place...
jimmy talksalot
View Profile
Special user
new orleans
757 Posts

Profile of jimmy talksalot
Here's the thing I got thrown in the middle here.

honestly, the only reason I responded was because Chance, you kept bring me up about it.

I have defended you in the past and will continue to do so especially if some one is trying to hurt your career....which I don't think is the case here, but what ever.

I didn't want this to be discussed on the forum so I tryed to get you to call me....but still no call.

I have not encouraged any discussion here in fact I tryed to prevent it....but what ever.

I thought I could get you a hold of Birdy or Chanz or send you some footage of him to ease your mind, but I see now it was a mistake to get involved at all.....and for that I'm really sorry Chance.

regardless I don't have any right to make a desicion either way.

in my opinion, this is between Chance, Birdy, and Chanz.

if I get in the middle of it, everyone is going to get mad at me...and already are....for saying things I have no right to say.

and I got huge problems in my life right now I am trying to cope with.

Chance I'm sorry, but please leave me out of it and even if you won't back me up in the future I will continue to back you up anyway, because I respect your lifes work even if you don't think so, because of my difference of opinion here....so I can't defend you here on this topic, sorry.

infact if you send me a small bio I will do my part to promote you on the who's who blog with a profile and promo artical. and I'll make it good.

and I garuantee you some action on google with it.

by the way I did talk to Birdy and he said Chanz is a silent comic and NOT an escapist and that the difference in ponuciation and character is so dramatically different that he can't see what the problem is.

and Chanz doesn't know who you are and feels hurt.....

anyway, that's all, I'm not calling or talking to them about it any more I did that for your benifit.

please leave me out of it. I've stuck my nose where it don't belong long enough.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Bobby

Motley Crue rocks because anyone who slept with Pamela Anderson ROCKS!!!
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Bobby Maverick
Oh yes they rock and......have hepatitis!
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Bobby you ROCK!!!
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On 2012-01-23 15:25, Chance wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-23 15:21, Eric Evans wrote:
....OK, fine. Sorry that those of us present at the time that Birdy suggested the name didn't think of this possibility and your obvious resultant pain.


AHHH, the shoe finally drops -- although much quicker than I expected.


Quote:
On 2012-01-23 15:37, Eric Evans wrote:
What're you talking about?


He is saying that this has nothing to do with Chanz ... that it has to do with "Birdy" and the other parties present, so he is basically confessing to kicking this guy Chanz in the head for no good reason what-so-ever. It's disgusting!!!

I never want to the kind of person that goes around bashing people I don't even know based on their associations. And if I do, I hope someone has the kahunas to let me know I'm in the wrong.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
You. Are. Wrong.

Please quote me where I have said even one negative word about Roger in this thread or any place else. You can't. You're simply making this stuff up. In fact, at least twice in this thread I have said that Roger is innocent of any wrongdoing. So unless "bashing" to you actually means letting someone off the hook, you're an instigator, plain and simple.

So either show the quote or shut the hell up. I happen to believe you won't do either one, both for the same reason: you are incapable.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
So... I guess, "Chauncey the Escapificationist" is right out?
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Sure ... right here ya go Chanz ... whoops I mean "Chance" ... sorry, hard to keep you two straight now ya'know [wink]... (that was sarcasm to make a point, just in case it wasn't obvious enough):



Quote:
On 2012-01-15 14:56, Chance wrote:
Let's see now...My name is Chance and I've been performing an escape show on the street since 1994. Pure coincidence, I'm sure....


That is a negative word against him - you are kicking sand in his eyes and you owe him a public apology on this thread for that comment right there. Don't act like you were just plugging yourself there - you know that was a stab at him to insinuate that he was stealing your name and stealing your act. That is a false allegation and you need to correct it. I don't like playing word games! You know what you meant when you typed that!



Quote:
5. If I were this guy, I would ditch that name and get something completely original. If for no other reason than to avoid confusion with his own career, to say nothing of mine.


His name is as original as anyone else's on this forum - quit crying like a school girl! The only person confusing the two is you. You are the only person in the world that could confuse this guy with yourself. That is bad advice to him ... you should correct that.



Quote:
On 2012-01-22 03:21, Chance wrote:
Gentlemen, I have performed in 35 states and 24 countries, and for countless festivals around the world. So far, when ever I send out an introduction tape to a festival with the name "Chance" on it, I have been able to feel sure that the name (and the show behind it) are unique in every way.


First off, Elvis only performed roughly a thousand shows in his career and he never performed outside America so why you feel this means something I don't know, you are only as good as your next performance. I am only pointing this out because Elvis is known by a single name, much like you want to be known as.

And by the way ... he is not the only "Elvis" in the world, in fact there are even other singers named "Elvis" ... so to suggest you should be the only performer named "Chance" is bogus dude! I would be standing behind this guy even if his name was "Chance"!!! Or even if his name was "JoeJoe" for that matter! It's just a name dude! A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.

But at any rate ..... you have NEVER sent in a tape with "Chanz" on it! Chanz is being pretty original. Quit insinuating that this guy is a "Chance Clone". HE'S NOT!!! You have been given more then enough evidence to satisfy that and should be man enough to say "ok, I was wrong sorry".



Quote:
On 2012-01-22 03:21, Chance wrote:
What DOES matter, at least to me, is that MY name and MY act are likely to be confused with someone else.


Again, the only person getting confused here it YOU! Give it up already ... get over it! Quit trying to suggest he is stealing from you!!! HE IS NOT!!!



Quote:
On 2012-01-22 03:21, Chance wrote:
The only thing I need to hear from this guy is, "Sorry Chance, didn't mean to step on your toes, and I'll never do it again. I sure wouldn't want anyone to do it to me." Anything else is just plain B.S.


You don't need to hear ANYTHING from him! He has done nothing to you. To suggest he should bow down and kiss your rear end is the only B.S. on this thread! If I was this guy ... you wouldn't get NOTHING! Not even an acknowledgement that you are alive!

Somebody please tell him that is JoeJoe's advice to him. He doesn't even know who I am and I'm giving him advice - that is how stupid this thread become!



Quote:
On 2012-01-23 09:43, Chance wrote:
JoeJoe: Your entire posts are meaningless. I haven't said a single thing you've attributed to me. Show me where I said that this kid should stop performing, or stop performing escapes, etc. Those are your words, not mine.


I've just shown you lots of your own words ... if you want to salvage the respect you had with me, you will quit playing these stupid word games and trying to wiggle your way around this. It's not enough to just walk away, not after all this you've said. This is all you dude - this is not me or Chanz or anyone else. This is you being out-of-line.



Quote:
On 2012-01-23 10:52, Chance wrote:
As for "attempting to steal or defame", I have already stated that I understood that this all happened by accident. The anger you see being expressed in my posts is not anger directed at this guy Roger, but anger directed at the so-called professionals that should know better than to attack me for protecting what I have built over the last 20 years. Jimmy, Bobby, all the rest, they all have brands of their own which they would strongly defend if need be. And they would be right to do so. And before yesterday I would have helped them. Starting today, they can pretty much bite me.


You did defame him and you were wrong to do so. Protecting what belongs to you does not give you the right to sling false allegations around the internet on public forums!!! You need to man up and let us know you over-reacted and that you don't have a problem with him calling himself Chanz.

Jimmy, Bobby, all the rest ... whatever your beef is with them is completely irrelevant. This guy has done nothing to dis you and you are wrong to take an innocent person and put in the middle of your feuds!



What I want to hear from you Chance is that (a) you were wrong, that this guy is not copying or cloning you, and (b) he's never going to have to worry about you bashing him about his name ever again. If you have beef with Jimmy or Eric or Birdy ... then that is between you, and NOT this guy! He hasn't done anything against you.

That's my advice to you. Take it with as many grains of salt as you want, I have no beef with you ... I don't even know these other parties or what your beef is with them ... I'm only giving it to your straight, telling it the way it is. I don't have a horse in this race, I have no skin in this game. I just see that it is wrong to put this guy in the middle of your feuds.

I've known you for a few years now Chance ... you have more integrity and character than that! You are better than this, I know that. Don't let me down here man! Do the right thing.



-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Bobby Maverick
Hmmm....I have no beef with anyone. I was just sticking up for the kid because it seemed like a misunderstanding and he was getting the brogues put to him.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I agree it was a mis-understanding Bobby, and I want you to know that I didn't mean to imply that you had a beef with Chance; I only dropped your name because Chance called you out as someone that is doing him wrong on this. I am assuming he is referring to Bobby Maverick, again I don't even know the parties he has this beef with:

Quote:
On 2012-01-23 10:52, Chance wrote:
The anger you see being expressed in my posts is not anger directed at this guy Roger, but anger directed at the so-called professionals that should know better than to attack me for protecting what I have built over the last 20 years. Jimmy, Bobby, all the rest, they all have brands of their own which they would strongly defend if need be. And they would be right to do so. And before yesterday I would have helped them. Starting today, they can pretty much bite me.




And if he is taking up an issue with us "so-called professionals" for defending Chanz, then he is in the wrong about that too and should apologize to Jimmy and Bobby and to any other of these "so called professionals" he has an issue with.

Elvis Presley and Elvis Costello are both more famous than any one of us here, and if they can share a name there is no reason Chance can't either! To suggest he is entitled to some type of monopoly on the name "Chance" because he works festivals is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen posted here! His ego is completely out of control and needs to be checked at the door! He is being a bully and acting completely and totally unprofessional.

Chance and Chanz are both just names - period. They do not define who a person is, not by a long shot. Chance is foolish to try to brand himself as just "Chance", that is a bad business decision on his part and that is his fault, nobody else's. If he wants to brand his image, he would be wiser to go with "Chance the Escapist" as that is something that can be trademarked and branded. He should at the very least make sure his promo materials include his full name and not just "Chance". Those are his mistakes, not ours. We don't have to apologize to him for them!

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Police Magician
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
647 Posts

Profile of Police Magician
Quote:
On 2012-01-23 14:59, Dave V wrote:
This thread has made me think about restarting my magic career. I wonder if the name "Second Chance" is taken?:)


Sorry Dave, but a body armour company already has claim to that name. I wore their bullet proof vests for years until we changed company's.

My moniker is not copyrighted due to the fact that a few police officers/magicians do similar to what I do with Police Magic, which is also not copyrighted. The monikers comes from the title of books I authored. I was asked about getting it copyrighted, but declined as I felt that I should not have claim to the name. I do use this moniker in several forums I am registered with.

I have also registered on a forum as Carnival Cop, again, another name I used from the title of a book I authored. I can see both sides to this thread. Should it become a problem, and it hurts Chance and his profession, it is a civil matter that could be handled in the courts.

Glenn
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Thanks Glenn. You've always been the voice of reason in the Café. Appreciated.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Chanz from Mexico City » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL