The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Chanz from Mexico City » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
I am anxious to see how this all plays out...

Because I was thinking of changing my performing name to Don Driver... He said right here, that he didn't care, and Don, I do use the Svengali pitch you sent me. But I hope you now that I am kidding. There is only one Don Driver.

Doctor Cognos,
aka BroDavid
The Doctor Knows.....
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Hello Bro David.

I promise it wouldn't bother me. A quarter back for Green bay packards is named Donald Driver.We get mixed up all the time....and hes black LOL.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
This is all well and good. Everyone laugh, cry, hug, throw stones...whatever. Just don't let Doug Conn jump on here and call the kid 'great'...cuz then it'd all really hit the fan in a heart beat.
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Hello my Friend!

Nice to see that we are both still alive!

BroDavid
The Doctor Knows.....
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
How about if he calls himself Chanz Si !
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!
http://www.painter-decorator-brighton.co.uk/

I.......can't........breath.......

Oh my gawd, oh my gawd, oh my gawd.......I just peed a little.
Muhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...ahem.....ah man, I'm sore now...... I'm ok though. Carry on.

Just wish I was the first to spot this. A priceless addition the the most perfect example of a chat forum thread's ultimate potential.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Apples and kiwi fruit. He came to his name on his own, he's not performing in my market, and he wasn't named by someone that knows my act.

But yeah, glad you're getting such a kick out of the situation. Rock on dude...
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Blah blah bla bla blah ... great find FunTimeAl! Hmmm...

http://www.painter-decorator-brighton.co.uk/ vs. http://chanzentertainment.com/

ROTFLMFAO!!!

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
And who cares where he got his name - it's irrelevant! Your making yourself look like a weak and needy baby desperate for external validation Chance! Man up bro!

-JoeJoe
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
JoeJoe, I'm not keeping this thread alive, you are. The only time I say anything at all about this is when you morons pipe in. If that's being weak and needy in your eyes, then so be it. Sling all the mud you want. I've had worse, from better.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Umm ... we actually want to keep the thread alive Chance ... we are still waiting to see Chanz' media project.

-JoeJoe
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
And your idea of keeping it alive is by insulting me? Interesting way for this new guy to start his career. I doubt this is what he or Devious had in mind for a media project.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
This guy has nothing to do with you Chance - this is all in your imagination. Your hatred for other people is something you should conceal better as it is not an attractive personality trait.

You can sit there with a straight face and tell me that a children's birthday party magician/balloon artist is somehow upstaging you, despite the fact that his name is NOT THE SAME as yours, NOT SPELLED THE SAME as yours, and NOT EVEN PRONOUNCED the same as yours ... while "Chance the Escapologist" that works the exact same venues you have (I am assuming you have worked Mallory Square, New Orleans, and/or Venice Beach just to name a few places off this guy's resume) is not in direct competition with you, your act, and your name? Please.

You just proved to everybody that this has nothing to do with Chanz what-so-ever!!! You are wrong to attack him!!!

Your comments at this point are just laughable. It is obvious that your perspective of this issue is skewed by your feelings of this hatred you carry in your heart for whomever it is helping this guy. I have nothing against you and no horse in this race ... but kicking people in the head for no good reason is just not right!

Nothing personal Chance ... we're all here waiting for you when you come back to earth Chance.

-JoeJoe
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
So now I hate people on top of everything else. How long before I become a puppy killer too?
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Chance ... it is wrong to sit there an accuse "Chanz" of stealing your name ... it is NOT THE SAME as yours, NOT SPELLED THE SAME as yours, and NOT EVEN PRONOUNCED the same as yours.

Your arguments would be a lot strong if you were making them against "Chance the Escapologist". In fact ... I'm still not sure you aren't this "Chance the Escapologist". I'm honestly thinking that might actually be you.

-JoeJoe
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
This entire matter has no merit at all.I'll say it again,Chance has made up his mine and there is nothing anybody can say or do to chance it.So the best thing to do is let him rant and rave and ingor it and just move on.
Don
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I will have to concur with you Don. Chance has made up his mind and there is nothing anybody can say or do to chance it.

-JoeJoe
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Quote:
On 2012-01-31 08:13, JoeJoe wrote:
Chance ... it is wrong to sit there an accuse "Chanz" of stealing your name....JoeJoe

You're a ***ed liar. I have said no such thing. I have not even implied it. In fact, at least twice I have directly said that he was innocent of any wrongdoing. There, I just said it again.

You are making this stuff up as it suits you. Please stop.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Chance, I don't believe JoeJoe lied at all. Here is a quote direct from YOU posted on the first page of this thread.
"Gentlemen, I have performed in 35 states and 24 countries, and for countless festivals around the world. So far, when ever I send out an introduction tape to a festival with the name "Chance" on it, I have been able to feel sure that the name (and the show behind it) are unique in every way.

But now comes a guy who wishes to use escapes in his show, AND he wants to use a name or moniker that could easily become confused with my own. Jimmy, if some one started sending out tapes titled "Jimmee Tawksalot", and it so happened that he did a magic show, be honest and tell me how that would make you feel.

It doesn't matter that I don't know this guy, or that he has never seen my act. It doesn't matter that he only does escapes "a little bit". It doesn't matter that he is Mexican. It doesn't matter that Jimmy Talksalot speaks up for him. NONE OF THAT MATTERS. What DOES matter, at least to me, is that MY name and MY act are likely to be confused with someone else.

Let me tell you guys a related and true story... Along with the name Chance, I also use the subtitle "The Escapist". As in, Chance -- The Escapist. A couple of years back a lady escape artist named Ms. Morgan started using the same subtitle with her shows. She is a long time Café member, and she is also a very skilled escape artist and entertainer in her own right. So I wrote her a quick PM and mentioned that I was already using the title for several years. So what did she do? Did she hem and haw and try to justify why she should be able to keep using it? No. She immediately wrote back and said she would never use it again. THAT'S how a professional does it! THAT'S how a professional behaves!

The only thing I need to hear from this guy is, "Sorry Chance, didn't mean to step on your toes, and I'll never do it again. I sure wouldn't want anyone to do it to me." Anything else is just plain B.S."

Looks like you are urinated off over his name.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Taken out of context Paddy, and you know it. By now a lot more detail has come to light, not least of which is that he didn't take on the moniker himself alone. I have CLEARLY stated SEVERAL TIMES BY NOW that I DO NOT blame this new guy for what has taken place.

I can't make it any clearer. If you guys don't see it by now you never will.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Chanz from Mexico City » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL