The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Triangle Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
http://hamiltonholtinc.stores.yahoo.net/trianil.html

Anyone ever built this, or any version of this illusion? I was thinking of building one, but instead of straight plywood, I was going to use wood frames with cloth, similar to a shadow box... any suggestions? insights?
Mike
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9491 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I have a base that's used for this and other appearances/vanishes. We added Rope Lights to the base. That helps.

Sure, the big box stores have Select Pine that's .75 X 1.50 which would work fine for the frame (the base needs to be stronger/bigger dimensions). The joints should be rabbits (overlapping)or Finger Joints if you know how. Use a light non-see-through cloth, in case you're in an auditorium where they are required to use a few overhead florescent lights per fire code. And those lights are always on the stage even though the emergency exits are not.

You may want to open the plastic light cover and temporarily remove those bulbs (hint) although I myself have never done so.
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Or how about a non-porous material, such as reinforced plastic or thin neoprene?
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
Jay and Chance, thanks for the awesome ideas.

Jay, I was just going to use 3/8 ply for the base, on small wood legs with casters... I didn't want the long legs that appear to be in the picture, nor I may not be aware of osborne's method... I was going to have the assistant on the thin back ledge, and slip through the cloth panel... Rotate and produce.

I do not own this plan... Should I buy it?
Mike
magicelam
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
368 Posts

Profile of magicelam
I'm assuming by the light rope comment there is BA?

Okay, after rereading your comment I'm editing this, I realize this appears to be a ba base... I'm gonna order this...
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Triangle Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL