The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » ***ROULETTE*** (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
A good friend of mine (and a great mind) Chris Rawlins is soon to release his amazing new book 'ROULETTE', click here to find out what some of the greatest minds in the industry think about it

http://chrisrawlinsmind.yolasite.com/products.php

If you do not have these routines in your arsenal you WILL be missing out!

Peter
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
711 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Sounds great ,will pick it up at blackpool , any idea on price for the printed version ?

Carl.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
I couldn't say, I do not know what price they are deciding to put it out at Smile Sorry

I have the pleasure of seeing Chris perform several of the pieces live!
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Interesting news...
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3553 Posts

Profile of takeachance
The link doesn't really tell you much just that you should buy it. Think I'll wait for reviews, but thanks for the heads up.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
711 Posts

Profile of carlwag
I will post a review once I have read it.

Carl.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2012-01-16 04:24, carlwag wrote:
I will post a review once I have read it.

Carl.

But you'll buy it before to read it? Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
711 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Yes I will pick it up at Blackpool it will be available in CD PDF format there , I spoke to Chris and it sounds very good.

carl
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
I talked to Chris this morning, the pdf is £10 pound and the actual book is £18 (all signed and numbered)!

Amazing price for this product.

All the best,

Pete
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
711 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Great price indeed.
ChrisWall
View Profile
Regular user
England
119 Posts

Profile of ChrisWall
Full disclosure I'm also a friend of Chris' but that doesn't change the fact I'm excited about this book.

There is one utility 'move' (isn't quite the right word but I don't know how to phrase it) that I am very excited about and I know that Chris puts a lot of thinking into his routines so whatever he puts out won't be half-baked. I've discussed a few points but he has been very hush-hush with the contents. I'll hopefully be able to post a more detailed post when the book is out but at £10 (only £1 per effect and the essays on top of that!) you can hardly go wrong. I'm looking forward to my copy.

Chris.
"Have your cake and eat it... there's no other reason to have a cake" - Derren Brown

http://www.chrisreadsminds.co.uk
simquad
View Profile
New user
York
65 Posts

Profile of simquad
I was trying to find out a bit more information about the product but seem to have had an issue with the link. After a bit of searching I found this one:
http://chrisrawlinsmentalist.co.uk/products.php

If that helps Smile

Richard
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
That's the new domain was about to sort the issue out Smile Thanks richard
simquad
View Profile
New user
York
65 Posts

Profile of simquad
After contacting Chris through his site, I noticed there to be another quote about 'Roulette' from Mark Elsdon. Link below:
http://chrisrawlinsmentalist.co.uk/products.php

Hope that helps Smile

Richard
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCYC2J6xCNo

Check this teaser! x

Pete
crozboz
View Profile
New user
York, UK
30 Posts

Profile of crozboz
Looking forward to this release - I saw Chris' show a few weeks ago, and it fooled me badly. Talking to him after the show - most of the effects in the show will be in the book.

Will definitely be grabbing a copy of this one!
Tom Crosbie
"Expanded bread shell is a method I hope to see lots more of in future" - Tom Stone
stephenson
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of stephenson
I was chatting to Chris about this new book the other day and very excited about it, as I know that not only does he come up with some great (magician baffling) effects but he also has some interesting perspectives on performing style and technique.

Unfortunately previous commitments will be preventing me from getting my copy in Blackpool but I`ll definitely be looking to get a copy off Chris at the earliest.
ChrisWall
View Profile
Regular user
England
119 Posts

Profile of ChrisWall
I got a copy of the book over the weekend and this is an impartial (initial) review. I am friends with Chris but the review comes honestly. The fact that Luke Jermay has contributed a foreword and names like Marc Paul and Bob Cassidy are giving the quotes they are says something.

Here's a full description of the book from the MagicSeen website:
Quote:
"Author Chris Rawlins is a young, inventive mentalist who just loves to share his work and ideas with fellow performers. In this his second book, Chris offers a combination of full routines, moves, additions and essays, all of which come with his own personal stamp and twist.
Credit Guard is a clever idea using a borrowed credit card which concludes with you revealing four numbers from the card;
Clipboard Peek details a simple yet effective way to create a peek device from an innocent looking clipboard;
in My Version Of A Classic Chris puts his mind to creating a practical solution for the Chair Test;
Scramble is an impossible seeming word prediction;
Phonebook Prediction Addition gives you Chris's tweak on a strong Banachek phonebook test;
My Yellow Ball Which Fooled Marc Oberon is a cheeky idea in which you unerringly can reveal under which of three cups a bright yellow ball is hidden;
Kicker Chirp Top is a nifty little prediction idea for close up using two poker chips;
the Push Slide Peek is a modernisation of an old card move;
A Little Lead In is an intro which could be used as a set up for a more major routine;
with P.I. Chris takes a killer principle of Luke Jermay and harnesses it for a strong close up mental routine. If you enjoy modern mentalism you'll enjoy this 70 page E-Book."

There are a couple of utility items that are very nice for peeking information. The Push Slide Peek is a card peek that looks very clean and has a nice display for the spectator which has a nice little convincer that cancels the method. My favourite thing in the book is the other peek which is a fairly bold but brilliant clipboard peek. Perfectly representative of Chris' thinking. Very easy and very clever. I can definitely see myself using these two and I think they'll find a place in most people's arsenal. You never go near them, they draw or write whatever they want then you place the clipboard in an opaque envelope and in that process you have your peek which is very clear and reliable.

As for the other effects arguably my favourite is 'Credit Guard' Which is very organic and has a nice presentational ploy about security and money in which you finish the effect divining some numbers from their credit card. Very strong routine. Also the addition to Banachek/Barrie Richardsons phonebook test is very strong. Although not for everyone, if you give it a try I can guarantee just from reading it the reactions will be incredibly strong.

I want to give a full review of the book when I've had time to properly digest it and try some of the ideas but I think it's well worth getting a physical copy before they all go. You can get a physical copy for £18 (Postpaid UK) or £22 (Postpaid International) from this link - http://chrisrawlinsmentalist.co.uk/products.php

Or the £10 eBook from MagicSeen here - http://www.magic.forgecom.info/magbooks.htm

Both are great options and I know that if you have any questions or comments on ideas, Chris loves to help so send him an e-mail with any questions or concerns you may have and he'll happily answer.

Hope this helps some people.

Chris.
"Have your cake and eat it... there's no other reason to have a cake" - Derren Brown

John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12327 Posts

Profile of John C
Why is everyone holding their temples?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
ChrisWall
View Profile
Regular user
England
119 Posts

Profile of ChrisWall
^^ Haha I like that one John.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » ***ROULETTE*** (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL