We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Maelstrom Tom Stone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sleight king
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of sleight king
Well I have had this book for a couple of weeks now and have read it from cover to cover thoroughly and thought I would review it.
If you enjoyed vortex, you will love this. Very similar in content and unique ideas but this book is slightly more aimed at the cabaret magician with such items as billiard balls, dancing cane.
Personally even though my cabaret magic is limited I love the writings of toms imagination which stimulates further ideas within yourself.
Sometimes while reading this book I see myself drifting into toms world of imagination and realise that it shouldn’t take 2hrs to read a couple of pages of Tom work.
So what were my highlights. There is a great trick with a card and a stop watch which I have actually performed which has been routine to perfection with suspense etc.
Also I was very happy to see toms take on the multiplying bottles, why because I love this trick but have only ever seen tommy cooper do it. Now Tom is worlds apart in performance style to Mr Cooper but his presentation, motivation for this classic, makes you think ‘ why didn’t I think of doing it that way’. I can see the same of bottles going up soon.

So in summary 9/10, value for money 10/10 …… if you like magic you will love this book, but if you don’t like Tom you will still love this book.
magicmaninsd
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego, CA
199 Posts

Profile of magicmaninsd
In in Vegas and just bought this from Denny and Lee's and skimming through it now. Wow! What a great book! I like this more than Vortex simply because it is focused more on stand up material than Vortex. Both are top books!

Anyone using the routines?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Maelstrom Tom Stone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL