The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SYNC from Jose Prager and Paper Crane Magic Awesome Method for Mind Reading Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
Jose Prager's SYNC is a very easy, practically self working method to perform realistic looking mind reading effects. With this never before seen method you will be able to perform very direct and very clean mentalism like never before. Here's how the effect looks in a typical performance, a spectator is asked to think of an image that can be drawn on the back of a business card or some other type of paper that is around. After the spectator draws their image you take the business card resting it on your palm so you can allow them to replace the cap on the sharpie. It is important to note that you NEVER see the writing side of the business card, you simply place the card on your palm and hand it back to the spectator. With no sleights, tears or switches you are easily able to divine the spectators thought. With this specially made gimmick(Included) you will able to perform SYNC within minutes of watching the explanation. The method is so easy and so clever that it is sure to make you smile and because the method is so deceptive spectators will have no clue how you performed this miracle.

As an added bonus we have included some magic related applications presented by Justin Miller that takes this idea to an entirely different level.

Important Points to Remember

Easy(almost self working)
Deceptive Method
Never Before Seen Method
Includes a Custom Made Gimmick
http://papercranemagic.com/sync.htm
P3
practice practice perform.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Video edited at 1'09... Why? I don't trust this at all.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
Yep there's an edit but those that know the method know why. I feel that out of respect for people that buy and use the method the edit should have happened. PM if you have questions.
P3
XerxX
View Profile
New user
I hope I'll make more than
78 Posts

Profile of XerxX
In October I bought Prager's Duplo - is this a different method?

Best regards,
XerxX
2013-01-25: Returning after a loong absence...
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
It's the same but you get a custom made Sharpie gimmick and there is some new info added to the DVD making the principle more versatile. About the edit, if you know Paper Crane or if you know Mandy you know that her editing skills are good enough to hide a edit. My point is that she made it very obvious that there was an edit so that people understand that something happened. Typically this is something we don't do but we feel that we have a good track record for releasing good methods and with the many great reviews of Jose's original method we figure that would ease most suspicion.
P3
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
XerxX......are you happy with the original Duplo?
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
When will the dvd be ready?
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
XerxX
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of XerxX
@ted french: Yeah, I thought so.

@MagicMan1957: Sure.

The tricky thing was... It took some tries to find a level of just enough of [insert secret here Smile ].
And then to repeat it each time.

I have only "performed" it for a few friends but they were nicely surprised.

To reveal the drawing (only one of the five ESP symbols), I use the way I think I suggested to José at that time:
I stretch my arms to their head and touch the temples (correct? The sides of the head near the ears) with the tops of my fingers. I then look deep into their eyes and read their mind...
Simple and fun.

Best regards,
XerxX
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Duplo is great I think, easy really and from a performer's perspective, it is nice to shift the focus of the method on to something else other than seeing the piece of paper. If nothing else it gives a different method to achieve pretty similar results to other things but that is always a good thing as it leads people a certain way

this should be good then
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2012-01-16 17:27, XerxX wrote:

In October I bought Prager's Duplo - is this a different method?

Quote:
On 2012-01-16 17:40, ted french wrote:

It's the same but you get a custom made Sharpie gimmick and there is some new info added to the DVD making the principle more versatile.

Then why give the effect a totally different name? It could have been named as 'Duplo 2.0' or something similar. Any good reason to do so?

Duplo is a nice, practical & effective way of gaining information - something new and different.

However, I haven't understood the logic behind deliberately gimmicking something when it could have been used as - 'as is'. I think probably this was a forced action due to magicians fear.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Will this be offered as a dvd too or only download?
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
I guess I am not opposed to the edit so much BUT as the description in text makes mention of the performer taking back the card for a moment while pen is capped.In the video that does not happen.An important feature to just leave out. If one only saw the video with out the description it could be misleading.I guess if there is no way to show that section with out exposing it then the edit might be valid? It does make me wonder though if it is that transparent how does it play in the real world? Again it may kill and be very deceptive but I can see why people would become hesitant after watching if they felt they were not seeing everything that a specatator would experience.
I have no clue to the method but I do see that side of the arguement. Not sure if a happy medium could be accomplished with another performance being shot??? In conclusion I do admire that in the ad copy they DO mention it being placed in magicians hand.A lot of ads in this business fail to include such details so Kudos on that!!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
This look very clean. I am greatly impressed.

Ray
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
It does read a little peculiar.

the full duplo presentation includes all the main points of what must be a very similar method (or the same) and watching it would not give away the method IMO (well the bit that was cut wouldn't be the thing to tip it at least).

watching Duplo and reading this, it seems that duplo maybe has more motive behind each action. Taking the card back while the pen is capped seems like little motivation to me, we must assume our participants have SOME basic coordination skills and can hold something and put a cap on a pen, or are able to think to give us the pen to cap ourselves.

still though, can't take away from this really, seems like making the cut might cause more fuss than just showing it, there are plenty of duplo-type performances where each move is justified and could be viewed without tipping any method, makes me think this isn't one of them...
XerxX
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of XerxX
I also think it's a bit peculiar that the video is edited at that point.
The original video (Mr. Prager's video from October) was not edited that way and it didn't tip the method. (Not to me, anyway)

And I think the "capping reason" is a weak one.
Most people can cap a pen while holding a small piece of paper. No?

I ask the spectator to put the paper in my hands behind my back.
Then I keep the paper there while she concentrates on her drawing. I look into her eyes and try to establish a connection between her mind and her drawing. This can take a while.

If the connection fails, she doesn't concentrate enough and I can't vision the drawing. So I ask the spectator to take the paper back because it may be easier for her to concentrate on the drawing if she holds it herself.
Then I do as I wrote in my post above.

No one (betw. 10-15 "performances" for single persons) has seen any suspected move or handling, because there is none.
They're just very surprised.

Best regards,
XerxX
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
The text of the ad copy included the line about the cap only to illustrate to the buyer that you do touch the card. Touching the card NOT peeking at the card.
P3
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Yeah, nobody said p**k Smile

to me, as it was included in Duplo's video without harm, it would make sense to include something.

If you don't include it, people's imaginations will assume that it is to p**k, when actually it is a whole lot better. One reason I think the method is so good is that people look for a p**k and they don't get one.

could be the lesser of two evils to just include it, or go for a slightly different handling.

Still, I can't see you going wrong with this and if it includes the gimmick, well even better. I can imagine a lot of people using this in the correct circumstances.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
We also built these into a sharpie to make it even more deceptive.
P3
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1375 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Here's part of the initial post...

Quote:
With this never before seen method you will be able to perform very direct and very clean mentalism like never before.

Then someone asked if it was the same method as Duplo, and this was the response...

Quote:
It's the same but you get a custom made Sharpie gimmick...

So if it's a "never before seen method", how and it be the same method as Duplo?
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1852 Posts

Profile of Prager
Duplo+Custom made gimmick+New applications+Centalism+Flash=SYNC
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SYNC from Jose Prager and Paper Crane Magic Awesome Method for Mind Reading Effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL