The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Mickey Silver /stole the show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
The LVMI was all the and then some. A coin guy from Boston Mass came to the convention and in my opinion was the bigest hit. His name is MICKEY SILVER.

His Slot Machine effect was awesome and his coin handling was one of the best I have ever seen.

This effect was every bit as good as Armando Lucero's matrix. That's how strong this was.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27104 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hello Vinny,

Could you tell us what you liked about what he did?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Clayman
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
243 Posts

Profile of Clayman
Yes indeed! If this Magician excited Vinny's interest, I would love to hear more about him.
You're the Man Vinny,
Mike
"A flash of silvery light ..and it was gone."
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mickey's coin retention was incredible. Now I am not a coin guy but the coin dropped in his hand and it was gone. He pulled coins... I thought I was watching Slydini.

Mickey put three coins in his hand and a razor blade. When he opened his hand all he had was 6 pieces of silver dollars that were cut in two.

I'm sure others who saw him work will agree with me.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Hey guys I just got back from LVMI and COINvention, I took a boat load of pictures and took notes on everything at the COINvention. I will be writing up a story for my website ASAP. I have a shot of Micky doing his Slot Machine.

I would not say it is as magical as Armando's matrix, though I would say that Micky's routine is one of the funniest, entertaining, and original things I saw there. You cannot help but roar with laughter seeing it.

The effect is all of a sudden coins just start falling out of his eyes, mouth, nose, ears, etc. all over the table it is hilarious to see.

Dan
Click to visit:
LiquidSn
View Profile
Elite user
New York
472 Posts

Profile of LiquidSn
Hey Vins! Now I know who you are, hehe.

This is Tony, and yes, Micky's coin retention is the best I have EVER SEEN.

Coins into mouth is incredible.

Tony C.
Blog about magic. by me.

Http://www.doublefacers.com
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Mickey has one heck or a coin retention, but that's about it. I think the Human Slot Machine would be a killer ending to a coin routine, but he just produces the coins and that's it. I heard all of these people screaming and going wild, so eventually we asked him to perform his human slot machine for us. It looks really cool, but it's totally pointless. You sit there and pull out about 20 coins from your eyes, ears, nose and mouth at a very fast rate. I mean it looks really freaking cool, but I really wish he built up to it. Maybe it's something he's working on and at the next LVMI he's going to really floor us.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
For those of you who missed it, I believe Mickey was good enough to put his "Human slot machine" on tape for the LVMI DVD. (I would have grabbed him for the COINvention, but by the time I got there, he was already a legend.)

Danny will let everyone know when this is available. I have to agree with everyone so far, although I get the feeling that Mr. Silver does have a more substantial routine connected to the final shower of coins, it's just that he was showing us the part he thought we'd be interested in.

His retention into the mouth was amazing. The "Slot Machine" production was one of those insanely outrageous things that provide their own raison d'etre, pardon my French. Plus, Mickey was one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
Mickey was awesome. Like Curtis said above, he is a nice guy too. He had a couple of other effects that were crowd pleasers as well.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Yeah, he is a really nice guy. He was always smiling and he must have done the slot machine about 200 times...no joke. Everytime I walked down the hallway all I heard was ching ching chingchchchchcching...
jb
View Profile
New user
Mt. View, CA
24 Posts

Profile of jb
I will have to add that anyone who was fortunate enough to watch Chris Kenner perform his handling and touch of Shadow Coins was certainly treated to something magical. He's also got some nice additional handlings for 3fly that were incredible.

johnbodine
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
Please do not mention Armando Lucero in front of me. I am beating myself each time I hear his name for not watching him perform at FISM. There were so many things to watch and do. Stupid me. I could have surely spared a few minutes for him. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
magicbear
View Profile
New user
Bellevue, Washington
66 Posts

Profile of magicbear
My wife and I experienced the magic of nature after the LVMI/Coinvention, so I have not had a chance to read the Magic Café until now. Mickey Silver rocks! The Human Slot Machine is real magical, mirthful entertainment as is his "in one ear, out the other" bit. Sorry I did not get to see the razor blade trick. I'm sure Mickey has a fantastic act when puts all of his stuff together. I hope to see him again next year.

Hugh

P.S. Armando rocks, too. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Mickey Silver /stole the show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL