The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » 2012 IBM Convention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1837 Posts

Profile of Anatole
The 2012 IBM Convention will be in my home town--Norfolk, Virginia--July 3 - 7, 2012. I look forward to meeting any Magic Café readers who attend! There are no details about performers or lecturers yet, but watch for announcements in _The Linking Ring_ or on the IBM website:
http://www.magician.org

I will post updates as I receive them.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Excaliber
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Excaliber
I am looking forward to this as well, coming all the way from Chattanooga,TN
wandmgc8
View Profile
Regular user
Tennessee
140 Posts

Profile of wandmgc8
Hi "Excaliber"! I'm trying to talk my brother into attending. He is also from Chattanooga as of late, but, not a magician. Maybe we'll see you there.

Michael
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
Quote:
On 2012-01-27 11:27, Excaliber wrote:
I am looking forward to this as well, coming all the way from Chattanooga,TN

Lance are you going alone or with family?
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
Excaliber
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Excaliber
I am going alone for now ,the family might tag along but not sure , I will be up there on business anyway , so I will be up there the entire week
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
I also posted this message in the I.B.M. forum :

The I.B.M. 84th Annual Convention will be held in Norfolk, Virginia on July 3rd – 7th, 2012. We are pleased to announce that the following outstanding close-up talent.

The outrageously funny Geoff Williams will entice audiences with his mind-blowing sleight-of-hand illusions. You won’t want to miss the amazing card magic of magician and author, John Bannon. From Spain, the incomparable Dani DaOrtiz will entertain you with his superb technique and crazy humor. Joining us from Canada is comedian and magician, David Acer (aka Doubting Dave on Mystery Hunters), who only has to look at you to make you laugh. The fact that he is also an accomplished magician is just icing on the cake. More than just an entertainer – Hannibal – captivates his audience with his combination of magic and storytelling. You won’t want to miss Wayne Houchin – exclaimed “One of the hottest magicians on the planet” by Genii Magazine. Finally, I.B.M. attendees will be treated to Paul Gertner’s TEN FINGERS – A Play of Magic. Enough said.

Don’t wait, register today at http://www.magician.org/portal/en/node/6. Reserve your room at either the Norfolk Waterside Marriott (757-627-4200) or the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside (757-622-6664). Both hotels are within a block of each other. The Marriott is our host hotel. The Sheraton is right on the Elizabeth River with lovely waterside rooms. Be sure to tell them you are with the I.B. M. to get the special $99/night convention rate. Evening shows will be held at the beautiful Chrysler Hall Theater.

See you in Norfolk!
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
I'm going to IBM for sure because I booked at show on Tuesday, July 3 near Norfolk, VA. Anyone else going and interested in sharing a room? Send me a message!

Joseph Young
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Be sure to check out the I.B.M. facebook page for the latest on the Norfolk Convention !!
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1891 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Not much info on the IBM site.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Slyhand you are very correct ... we have had some technical difficulties getting the "buttons" changed to permit the addition of information on the talent to the I.B.M. portal convention page. That has been corrected within the last week and talent updates will now be appearing on the IBM protal convention page. Meanwhile check the I.B.M. forum here on the Café and the IBM Face Book page. Talent for the Norfolk Convention is also being advertised in this month's The Linking Ring, Genii, and MAGIC.
The Norfolk Convention will continue many of the new ideas introducted at the last convention in Dallas as well as introducing new improvements. Shawn Farquhar has done a great job in booking outstanding talent - many of whom have not been seen at magic conventions. You will not want to miss the Norfolk Convention this July!
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1891 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I go mainly for the lectures. Where do I find more info on them?
Thanks
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
There will be 10 lectures or workshops. I will check with the Talent Chairman, Shawn Farquhar,and get back to you on the other lecturers. I can probably guess at who they will be from the talent that is booked but I don't want to give you incorrect information. I know that Wayne Houchin will be doing the Big Three lecture. The first lecture will be at 10 pm on Tuesday evening, July 3 and there will be lectures at 4 and 10 pm the next three days and one at 4 on Saturday, July 7. In addition, there are six special workshop sessions that you can select from. That is an entire year's worth of lectures at one convention !
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Here are photos of the talent which is thus far booked ...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=......8596e2ef

... and there will be more to come!
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Be sure to check the IBM forum for updated information on the Norfolk I.B.M. Convention.
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
As Promised, here are the lecturers for the Norfolk I.B.M. Convention:

o Geoff Williams
o Hannibal
o David Acer
o Paul Gertner
o George Saterial
o Dani DaOrtiz
o John Bannon

There is still one more lecturer to be announced. Plus Wayne Houchin will be doing the Big 3 lecture and you will have the choice of six different lectures that are part of the Six Pack Session. This is a grand total of 10 lectures !!! The Six Pack presenters are:

o Geoff Williams
o Hannibal
o David Acer
o Rich Bloch
o T.J. Shimeld
o Master Payne

More information is avialable on the I.B.M. web portal where you can also register: http://www.magician.org/portal/en/node/6.
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Don't forget to register soon for the I.B.M. convention in Norfolk as the price goes up in just a little over 30 days...
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2450 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
It's worth it JUST for Dani DaOrtiz, who just crushes your soul with ingenuity--he makes you feel like a magical infant.
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
June 28th is rapidly approching and the I.B.M. Convention price will increase. Register before June 28th and save $50.

Don't forget to reserve your room at the Marriott or Sheraton hotels before June 18th to get the I.B.M. special rate of $99. The hotel prices will increase to their normal rate on June 18.

Don't delay any longer....

Register at http://www.Magician.Org click on convention and register today!!
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
In case some of you don't see this message on the I.B.M. forum and to second MrBob102 ...
Time is running out …
Only 4 days left to reserve a room at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott or the Sheraton Waterfront Hotel at the special $99 convention rate. On June 18th our room blocks will be released. Book your room NOW for the Norfolk IBM Convention!
Don’t miss the chance to see and hear David Acer, John Bannon, Rich Bloch, Alex Boyce, Chris Capehart, Julianna Chen, Dani Daortiz, Daisy Dolicker, Justin Flom, Paul Gertner, Jordan Gomez, Hannibal, Johathan & Trisha Hawley, Wayne Houchin, Hou Kai, T. J. Ketchmark, Jay Temaat, Ma Yanyan, Tyler Nygren, Master Payne, Christopher Quintero, Mandy Reed, Chip Romero, George Saterial, T. J. Schimeld, Arthur Trace, Geoff Williams, An Sung Woo, Yuji Yasuda, and Gu Ying. A wonderful mix of your favorite names and acts that you have never seen before! The I.B.M. Conventions are not your regular old magic convention. The I.B.M. Conventions always break new ground. Come to Norfolk and enjoy our Welcome and Farewell Parties, our Contests with the world famous Gold Medal and Gold Cups competitions, Special Sessions, workshops, an entire year’s worth of Lectures, Youth events, Dealer’s Exposition, Youth Show, Grand Banquet and Show, the I.B.M. original Big Three Event featuring Close-Up Show, special lecture, and Paul Gertner’s one man Ten Fingers Show, the special All Asian Gala produced by Dale Salwak, the Gold Medal Show and the Grand Finale Gala all in the beautiful Chrysler Hall Theatre. The opportunity to see old friends and make new ones and much more. Events that will use the latest technology to enhance your viewing and entertainment pleasure. All this in historic Norfolk, Virginia with sights and activities for the entire family.
Convention registration fees increase on June 28th ! Save money by taking action today !!
Time is running out – book your room and make your registration today for magic’s oldest and best Magic Convention - The 84th Annual I.B.M. Convention
Go to http://www.magician.org/portal/node/6 for all convention information including acts, schedule, F.A.Q, convention registration and hotel reservations.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1712 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
I just booked my room at the hotel. Now I need to register! I'll be doing so as a dealer (with a couple of brand new exclusives...) but will look forward to catching up with friends and also to 5 days of inspiring magic. Always loved the IBM conventions and this one looks to be another great one!

See you there...
Paragon 3D - the most incredible Card to Clear Box you will ever own. Be fooled here: http://youtu.be/GQxRZ1OGkUo
The Silent Treatment - Digital Edition: this iconic routine just got upgraded! Watch - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phTDUhX0m9o
Order the bar-raising DVD set 'Connection' at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » 2012 IBM Convention (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL