The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » I Have A Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AceAstyn13
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of AceAstyn13
Hi, my name is Astyn, and I am an aspiring magician, basically I have a scenario, here it is;

My sister who's 11, is having a birthday sleepover and asked if me and my friend could put on a magic show as she knows I can do quite a few magic tricks and I love to learn tricks. I have ideas for tricks to put in the routine but I can't think of a trick to do for the final trick, I am hoping that someone one here could help me by telling me a trick that me and my friend could do that wouldn't cost much atall, preferably free but obviously that would be hard. Maybe a trick involving household items, I would like this to be a trick that stays in their minds and don't forget after a week.

Thanks,
Astyn
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Hello Astyn, there is a book called "Mark Wilson's Cyclopedia of Magic" that has lots of beginner illusions that you and your friend could do. You can buy it off of Amazon.com for usually less than 14 dollars. Not only are there beginner illusions in the book, but also hundreds of close up and parlor tricks you could learn as well. Many of them using household items as you have mentioned. This was the first magic book I ever bought and I am still using some of the tricks I learned from it today. Best of luck with your show!!

Scott
http://www.illusionsofanderson.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I second the motion and will add/ask, do you have a library near you or a magic shop?
Any of the "Fulves" books would also be good.

Learn 4 or 5 good tricks because it's better to be good at 5 then bad at 8.
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
Hi Astyn!
There is an effect in the back of that book (Mark Wilson) you can do with a cloth, basically roll up into the cloth, then when the cloth is removed you appear behind your friends and or the audience! Its a great effect, easy to do and kills them every time. This is an amazing book for starters and professionals,
check it out ! Good luck to you,

Cheers

Ryan
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Astyn: Yes - the Mark Wilson book is a treasure chest. There are selections from nearly every type of magic to choose from. Mark Wilson did many of these tricks on television many years ago. Call your library or book stores if you need the ideas right away. Order it on line if you cannot get it any other way. Also, you have the right idea of finishing with a trick they will not soon forget, but remember, much of that will depend on how you present the trick. If you make it special, then it will remain special.
AceAstyn13
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of AceAstyn13
Hi guys,

Thanks for all your help! I have one idea here it is:

Me and my friend get my sister and my sisters friends to pick a card, we will force certain cards on to them, we will then get them to hold on to their cards, then we will turn to our large sheet of paper which is covering something, we will then remove that sheet of paper and reveal the name of each of their cards, with their names beside them, written on the paper!

What do you guys think?
AceAstyn13
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of AceAstyn13
I just looked online on a website where you can search for books in the libraries in my region of the UK and all I can find is Mark Wilson's Course In Magic, is that much different???
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
That book should do you just fine Astyn. Have fun with it!!
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
407 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
Try the first Tarbell Course of Magic. In the back, it also has an illusion where you change places with someone and wind up in the audience.
AceAstyn13
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of AceAstyn13
The show went really well, They loved the final trick!
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
What did you do?
AceAstyn13
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of AceAstyn13
Had a piece of paper on the wall covering another piece of paper, on the first piece it said "Do not remove until the final trick" on it, at the end we got 4 people to pick a card, we forced the cards then removed the piece of paper and it said the name of everyones cards on the paper.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2012-01-21 20:02, w_s_anderson wrote:
Hello Astyn, there is a book called "Mark Wilson's Cyclopedia of Magic" that has lots of beginner illusions that you and your friend could do. You can buy it off of Amazon.com for usually less than 14 dollars. Not only are there beginner illusions in the book, but also hundreds of close up and parlor tricks you could learn as well. Many of them using household items as you have mentioned. This was the first magic book I ever bought and I am still using some of the tricks I learned from it today. Best of luck with your show!!

Scott
http://www.illusionsofanderson.com

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » I Have A Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL