The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » If You Were To Have One Trick, What Would It Be? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
Hi William,

Funny you should say that. I am working on that very effect right now. I'm going to market it and release a DVD. It should be about $34.99. The only bad thing is that she has to stay in the box.
markkwan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of markkwan
Pinnacle, all you need is a rubber band and a borrowed ring.
What good is a night, when you can't break it.
dynamite
View Profile
New user
Philippines
71 Posts

Profile of dynamite
I go with Daniel on the Crazy Man's Handcuffs. I just learned it and fell in love with it. I've been showing it to friends with great reactions.

I am searching for Pinnacle when I read markkwan's reply. Can you describe the effect markkwan?

Thanks, and all the best! (BTW, I still carry my Okito Vox everytime.)

Dynamite
Smile
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, you can . . . Boldness has a genius, magic and power to it!"
WandSpin
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of WandSpin
One trick? Only one? I'd say a TT. You can do so many effects with this.

But if it's an actual one trick, I'd say copper/silver/brass.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
An invisible loop and a sheet of paper to do a Center Tear. With these two items, I can mystify people for a reasonably long time.

Now and then I also bring along the Silver Bullet. That's a great addition to all the other booktests and you can do that at a second's notice.

Sven Smile
magical65stang
View Profile
New user
Turlock, CA
73 Posts

Profile of magical65stang
I carry one trick in my wallet at all times, Beswitched. Between this, Red Hot Mamma and Triumph, I don't know which one gets a better result.
"I'm not a liar, you just don't see the truth."
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Probably sponge balls since it's a whole routine and ends in the spectators' hands. It's hard to beat that kind of reaction.
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
Giday Adam

You got a good converstaion running here. Lately I have been carrying a TT, four sponge balls, two rubber bands and a coin and am happy to go with any of them when given an opportunity. Sponge balls I have been enjoying the most. My current routine has the balls multiplying up to three in the spectators' hand and then all of them disapearing. I love the look on the people's faces.

If I am at a table with a cloth and reasonable angle (or my wife next to me for cover) I enjoy pushing a glass through the table.

Troppo Bob Smile
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
Difficult one, but, at the moment, I think I'd go with Jon Allen's "Double Back".
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Guess I'll send my vote for one of the oldest and most brilliant inventions of them all...the TT.

So many effects for so little money...
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
If I could only have one trick, I would quit magic.
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
Well said Uli!
Andre
ajcombri@telkomsa.net
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Only one trick?

Triumph- strong, visual, stunning- easy to leave them scratching their heads.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
TT
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Making the Statue of Liberty disappear, people just love that one. I just wish it weren't so darned heavy to lug around, they always see it coming. Smile

It is a tough question though... but I would say the old TT. Because when I think about what I do most often or what is one of the effects I tend to fall back on, when asked to do a trick, it's usually that.
Re-capped or Pindemonium run a close second or third.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
jmsilhy
View Profile
New user
Mex
68 Posts

Profile of jmsilhy
Hi fellows, I know this is probably a question asked before or one I should know already, but since we're in the beginner's forum I must ask it... What is TT all of you are talking about?
AutoX
View Profile
New user
British Columbia
59 Posts

Profile of AutoX
Ambitious card... I have to say that would be my choice.. simple but effective Smile
jmsilhy
View Profile
New user
Mex
68 Posts

Profile of jmsilhy
Ok, ok, I get it now.... language complications I think... now I know what it is... duh! Thanks anyways guys! Smile
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

One trick? Let's call it one routine -- and that would have to be the cups and balls. Name another effect where you have: appearances, disappearances, solid through solid and transformations; plenty of opportunities for audience participation and bits of business; you can do it with patter or silent to music; and with the right set(s), balls, and loads you can play everywhere from nearly surrounded in a living room or on the street, to a large stage. Wow! Describing it now, no wonder I love the cups and balls. Hands down, if I could only do one trick, it would be the cups and balls.

Joe in KC

Live a great adventure, have a magical life!
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
I would go with Paperclipped by Sankey. Very portable and quite a knockout if done right. Smile
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » If You Were To Have One Trick, What Would It Be? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL