The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magicians Graphology (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Hey Gang. I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this, so if this is in violation of anything feel free to delete this post. That said, I'm a big fan of Andy Nymans effect, and use it frequently in my "impromptu" performances but have been toying with the idea of making it bigger, so that it could play on a small stage. Anyone familiar with the original effect will know that the routine is geared for smaller intimate audiences, and not easy to see from a distance. I really like the effect, goes well with my character, and I love doing DD's but I'm coming up short with a way to do this on a larger scale without utilizing an I*p P*d.

If anyone here has any advice, I'd be happy to have it. Either here or in Private.

Thanks Smile
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Andy's effect was inspired by Larry Becker's "Sneak Thief" which is a stage routine found in Mr. Becker's iconic book, "Stunners".

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
True that! Good book too, if you can lift it Smile
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Love it from Maven to the latest variants.

Use a bigger prop for stage Becker style. Or treat yourself too a Mad Pad and do this anywhere anytime for up to eight.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Thanks for the help guiys, both here in in PM. I'm definitely going to be looking into Mr. Beckers book, and the doing itself anywhere anytime for up to 8 sounds good too. I had only known of it from Get Nyman, so getting different looks into it will be awesome. Thanks guys!
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
When I do the close up version I always get the person to actually write their name or the name of their object underneath it. Bingo - some 'real' graphology cold reading to get into.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
I don't go too deep into the readings. Usually just wing it, and if need be present it as reading micromovements. For me, it's all about the DD finale. It actually is my favorite effect I think.
Rebecca_Harris
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Rebecca_Harris
It is a lovely effect. Marc Spelman's also got a version of Sneak Theif on one of his Chapters DVDS.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magicians Graphology (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL