The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Services offered - is this permissible and where to post? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic Rik
View Profile
Loyal user
Eastern Canada
297 Posts

Profile of Magic Rik
I am really enjoying the MagicCafe. My wife is a publish mystery writer (18 Traditionally Published novels and seven non-fiction. Since the big changes in publishing, I haev been working part time formatting eBooks for various fiction writers so that they can sell their books through Amazon, B&N, Apple, Sony etc. Where (if it is permissible) should I mention the services for formatting eBooks that I offer? I see a lot of magicians talking about eBooks.

Many thanks and if this is not "the thing to do" I understand 100%

Rik
Magic Rik

Life itself is magic - I just want to help a bit!

https://www.facebook.com/Magic.by.Rik
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4982 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Rik, it sounds like this would be a part time business for you and as such, any posts talking about the service would be considered advertising. Advertising must be paid for.
Where the magic begins
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2286 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
If a question is asked and Rik has an answer, can he give answers without mentioning any for-pay service?

If a question is asked and it's obvious to Rik the person needs direct assistance, can Rik say "shoot me a PM for more info" and stay within bounds?

Not trying to start any wars or dig into the Café's business here. But we do see a lot of posts that mention "my book/DVD/other product might help you". And we've also seen some people banned for such stuff among their other faults. Is there a set of guidelines to keep people on the right side of the line?

Ed
Magic Rik
View Profile
Loyal user
Eastern Canada
297 Posts

Profile of Magic Rik
Thank you so much for the input. My "part time formatting business" is VERY part time and mostly for my wife's friends and I do not want to break any rules, written or implied. If it is even a shade of grey I would rather say nothing than offend anyone.

This place has helped me SO MUCH - I want to be an active member and not a PITA.

Cheers all.

Rik
Magic Rik

Life itself is magic - I just want to help a bit!

https://www.facebook.com/Magic.by.Rik
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4982 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Ed, absolutely. That's what the Café is about. Magicians helping magicians. Questions and answers can be posted as long as it isn't advertising.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Services offered - is this permissible and where to post? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL