The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Delite (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I have a Delite thumb and the battery has died. Is it possible to change the battery or is it meant to be a throwaway item.

The reason why I ask is that I can see the battery but can't get it out of the holder.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

AA
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I imagine it could be done. but I have never tried. I always just replace mine when they burn out. It is not a throwaway item though! Remove the guts and you can still use the T.T. Smile
Mister Mystery
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
You can replace the battery, but it takes time, patience and a very small pair of tweezers...
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I was easily able to get the battery out with a pair of small pliers.

A small strip of plastic came out when I removed the battery. I am not sure if it is a loose piece or something I broke free.

I used double stick tape to tape the strip to the bottom of the battery, not centered but toward one end.

The battery gets inserted upside down with the area with the strip going in first.

The battery number is 1616.

It works just like new.

Without the small strip of plastic, the device stayed on constantly. The plastic strip keeps the one of the contacts of the LED off of the battery until it is pressed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Delite (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL