The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Burn Notice by Chris Wiehl (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Chris just release a cool way to use a receipt as a revelation. Here's the link.

http://www.thebluecrown.com/store/burn-n......ehl.html
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Can't wait to pick this up! I remember Chris telling me about it a while back. The trailer does a great job selling this. What I like best is that it's not just one effect, but a concept
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
We've been getting great feedback on Burn Notice! Just spoke with my buddy Alan Rorrison and it seems like he had the way to reveal a message on a receipt in his 2007 lecture notes - so big shout out to Alan also - will make sure the effects reflects the proper crediting to Alan from now on.

What we've done with this effect is make it much more than just a reveal on a receipt. There are multiple full effects taught on the DVD, including mentalism type effects with magicians choice, etc. Also, on the second part of the DVD you can actually print out a custom receipt (paper for this is included with the DVD) and reveal your own messages on the receipt without burning it - on the barcode, price, etc.

Let me know if anyone has any questions! Thanks

Alex^
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Thanks guys so far. Just wanna pop in and say hi and thanks to everyone who picked it up thus far. Burn Notice will be more visible later on this month! soo keep an eye out! Also keep an eye out for updates that I'll be making and mentioning in the thread to help spark creativity and ideas! For now enjoy the full routines included on the dvd and the pdf!
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2012-01-27 14:02, alex_pandrea wrote:
We've been getting great feedback on Burn Notice! Just spoke with my buddy Alan Rorrison and it seems like he had the way to reveal a message on a receipt in his 2007 lecture notes - so big shout out to Alan also - will make sure the effects reflects the proper crediting to Alan from now on.

What we've done with this effect is make it much more than just a reveal on a receipt. There are multiple full effects taught on the DVD, including mentalism type effects with magicians choice, etc. Also, on the second part of the DVD you can actually print out a custom receipt (paper for this is included with the DVD) and reveal your own messages on the receipt without burning it - on the barcode, price, etc.

Let me know if anyone has any questions! Thanks

Alex^

This goes back a lot further than Alan on this one....Chris didn't mention Vince Mendoza?
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Hey Eric. I did talk to alex about Vince and I talked to Vince about it too. I am planning on redoing some of the crediting to include him in since you directed me to his work. Thanks a lot for that by the way. Vince is a great guy!
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
alex_pandrea
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of alex_pandrea
Cool new review! People are loving this.

Title and Creator: Burn Notice by Chris Wiehl

Publisher: The Blue Crown

Where to purchase: http://thebluecrown.com/, $19.95 DVD, $17.95 Download

Effect: Reveal anything on a receipt, simply by touching it to the flame of a lighter. Really any kind of fire source will do. Be careful, kids.

Teaching: Chris is very thorough and clear in describing the Burn Notice principle. He also goes into a few routines using the revelation that teaches some psychological subtleties and methods. Also, he totally has a magic glint in his eyes.

Quality of materials/gimmick: The gimmick is great, easy to produce, and totally an everyday item. You can do this effect everywhere and anywhere.

Difficulty: Well, beginner—kinda. It really depends what you apply this revelation to. Burn Notice is really a principle and revelation to build routine upon, which is only limited by your imagination. If you can operate a lighter you can perform this revelation. However, depending what structure you place around this I guess it could get more difficult. Move Monkeys, I’m looking at you.

Applications: Chris demonstrates a few routines but also states—as I said earlier—that you are only limited by your imagination. You can reveal anything from a chosen card, number, mythical animal, thought of appendage, maybe even the name of an unborn child.

Overall Rating: I really love this revelation and its possibilities. The fact that Chris and Blue Crown didn’t bog this DVD down with 30 routines on the principle was very refreshing. You’ll carry this with you all the time. Do it. Support Chris. And if you’re like me, you’ll be thinking you’re Michael Westen every performance.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Chris Wiehl is a wonderful creator!

Clarke
TheMagicSession
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of TheMagicSession
We'll be reviewing this on the next episode of the Magic Marketplace product review show. If you have any questions feel free to post them in The Glimpse and we'll make sure to answer them on the show. http://themagicsession.com/articles/the-glimpse-burn-notice

Have a great weekend guys, go Giants!
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
I do the same thing on my business card by using a very very old method found in some of the old magic books . Is this simply the same thing or is something new?
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Hey music, I'm pretty sure it is different. My buddy shaun robison has a dvd where he does a similar thing, but the method is different and the outcome is also
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Just wanted to point out that there's a lot more to the DVD/effect than the reveal. The DVD is split into 2 parts. The first part involves stuff you can do with normal receipts, but covers a variety of routines that are suitable for any performing style. The 2nd part involves the special PDF receipt, which you can use with or without fire. Whether you're into mentalism, cards, etc, the DVD has a little something for everyone. It can be as easy or complex as you want to make it.

I've personally done this several times over the past few weeks, and it always gets a very strong response!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
Unknown419,

Why are you spamming every thread with this dribble.

-Altrez
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Quote:
On 2012-02-06 17:01, altrez wrote:
Unknown419,

-Altrez

I already flagged the post. its unnecessary
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Here is a great review from luke dancy at http://www.themagicsession.com so check it out! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lv0FIW8E0sw#!
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
TheMagicSession
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of TheMagicSession
We enjoyed this brand new effect from Mr. Wiehl and we're sure you're going to enjoy it as well. We're talking about a easy, practical and very magical revelation using an object everyone is familiar with. Good stuff!
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-02-06 17:38, chriswiehl wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-06 17:01, altrez wrote:
Unknown419,

-Altrez

I already flagged the post. its unnecessary

Also, the word is "drivel," not "dribble." Smile
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Groovebird
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Groovebird
Can you reveal bigger more detailed pictures with this method?
I use the Watermark method from Mathieu Bich to reveal the Face of Michael Jackson on an A2 paper (as seen here http://www.groovebird.be/images/watermark.bmp or http://www.groovebird.be/watermark2.JPG ).
I think the effect would become 10 times stronger if I can use fire instead of water.
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
Using the method you can reveal pretty much anything you want. since it is taught on the dvd as a receipt, you probably wont be able to get a big picture or as detailed as you want, but there are alternatives which allow you to do this on a bigger sheet of paper which are not mentioned on the dvd though , since we focused on receipt work and micro revelations. but with the principle and very little thought you can reveal it on a bigger piece of paper.
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
Quote:
On 2012-02-08 06:18, chriswiehl wrote:
Using the method you can reveal pretty much anything you want. since it is taught on the dvd as a receipt, you probably wont be able to get a big picture or as detailed as you want, but there are alternatives which allow you to do this on a bigger sheet of paper which are not mentioned on the dvd though , since we focused on receipt work and micro revelations. but with the principle and very little thought you can reveal it on a bigger piece of paper.

I haven't ran across a heat sensitive recite in a very long time. Are they still common?

-Altrez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Burn Notice by Chris Wiehl (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL