The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Charlie Caper is awesome!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Bobby Maverick
Hey guys and gals! If you have never seen Charlie work, take the time to watch him. His character is wonderful and his performance of Bob Read's "Transpo Tumbler" is great!
I realize that this is at least three years old but was just re-watching a bunch of videos I am a fan of Charlie.

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKekalAe6Cs
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
The best!

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Very cool, too bad they cut off the melon load finale.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
I could not agree with you more Bobby,
Charlie street show is great to watch he is nice guy as well!
As for Bob Read, he stuff is priceless.
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
John Carney did a similar routine on Letterman, added an orange and ended with a coconut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqRgoVigINo
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
Awesome entertainment, And great hat lines too...

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
starksanity
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of starksanity
Shel (fireperformer911) brought this other Charlie Caper video to my attention. Not a performance, but advice for street performing!

http://thebuskingproject.com/news-views/......ormance/

I love George Gilbert's take on the Transpo Tumbler as well. If you know Bob Read's method, George will still fool you!
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Charlie Caper is good!

Thanks..

I have been trying to dig up footage of a magician named Delray (where I got the idea for the cup vanish)... I combined Delrays idea with Bob Read's... If I can find the delray footage, I'd like to put up a short clip of one particular effect... Not many people in the magic world know about DelRay, but you can get a performance DVD from denny & lee's I think

He used to do a dice stacking routine where he would tell you the exact total number of the dice, (how they would land) before he stacked them. He did this 2 times in a row, and said "Some people think I cheat, so I will wrap the cup in newspaper so I can't peak. He did it again... And the 3rd time he says something to the affect of "Some people think I use a trick cup... the truth is... I don't even use a cup" (Vanish).. It was brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
Sorry, didn't mean to "hijack" the thread here.... I just get excited everytime I think about DelRay's performance......

ALL EYES ON CHARLIE CAPER - he is fantastic.
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Bobby
Great to see that clip again - very entertaining - Charlie is an inspiration.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

No worries George I figured it wouldn't take long ...actually I happen to know where to get that footage...and I happen to know a man that has one of Del's original sequined jackets...
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Hmmmm....maybe I will post a picture of it.
But then the next thing you know everyone will be wearing purple sequined tails and calling it "original"...lol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Charlie Caper is awesome!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL