The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What are "rights?" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Perhaps I misinterpreted something then.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Smile

What you have outlined are the spiritual verities which ALL religions share. Spiritual truths are the core foundation for all individual conduct. What my post outlines is the society-organizing influences of religion. How to make decisions within a country? How to overcome the extremes of wealth and poverty? How to overcome problems of language, economics, agriculture etc etc? These matters relate to the "social" teachings of all the religions and it is these teachings that, when applied in parallel with the 8 points you outlined above, will influence and transform society into rapidly growing civilizations.

Social teachings must change, spiritual teachings are eternal, hope that is clearly explained, I am not the best at this Smile

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-02-01 01:19, kambiz wrote:
...you are a loving soul and your voice is cherished by all who cross your path...

I wish that were true! I'm an neurotic and irritable and everybody knows it. But I am trying to do better.
~Will Rogers
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-02-01 01:30, critter wrote:
Quote:
...you are a loving soul and your voice is cherished by all who cross your path...

I wish that were true! I'm an neurotic and irritable and everybody knows it. But I am trying to do better.

No, I have noticed you bring joyfulness and humour to all the threads, and that is a meritorious quality Smile

Kam
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-02-01 01:30, kambiz wrote:
:)

What you have outlined are the spiritual verities which ALL religions share. Spiritual truths are the core foundation for all individual conduct. What my post outlines is the society-organizing influences of religion. How to make decisions within a country? How to overcome the extremes of wealth and poverty? How to overcome problems of language, economics, agriculture etc etc? These matters relate to the "social" teachings of all the religions and it is these teachings that, when applied in parallel with the 8 points you outlined above, will influence and transform society into rapidly growing civilizations.

Social teachings must change, spiritual teachings are eternal, hope that is clearly explained, I am not the best at this Smile

Kam

Alright then.
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I got a lot of them 8 folds. Not all of 'em, but I'm in the mix.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
What about a tri-fold card to wallet? Am I 3/8ths of the way there?
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
It is possible to win with a bluff rather than folding. Smile
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Kam, so then what were all the "not trends" before monotheism became predominant, and all the "not trends" that predates christ?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I'm not even good at all 8 of 'em.
I've always thought, and long before I started my current practice, that honestly trying to be a decent person is the most important part. Can't nobody make everybody happy all the time, and everybody gets in a crap mood, but actually working at it is admirable.
I don't mean that half-assed "but I'm trying, I just don't want to get up and do anything" garbage. That ain't trying, that's deluding ourselves. I mean really trying to pay attention to how we treat other people.
And I could care less what code someone follows to get there, as long as it involves some form of compassion then I like it. Doesn't have to be a religion, could just be a personal code. Just try not to be a Richard and it's cool to me. Not that I expect anyone to live to please me, just sharing what I like.
~Will Rogers
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-02-01 01:30, critter wrote:
Quote:

But I am trying to do better.

This is such an integral part critter.....it is the striving that makes a person

"Let each morn be better than its eve and each morrow richer than its yesterday. Man's merit lieth in service and virtue and not in the pageantry of wealth and riches.... Guard against idleness and sloth, and cling unto that which profiteth mankind, whether young or old, whether high or low...."

Kam
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Quote:
On 2012-02-01 21:00, gdw wrote:
Kam, so then what were all the "not trends" before monotheism became predominant, and all the "not trends" that predates christ?

Well, if you look at the pre-Judaic religions of Hinduism, Zorastrianism, Buddhism, and the Adamic religion (of which there are no known writings) you will find that the guidance provided by the Messengers of God related mainly to personal and self discovery. The concept of an external Creator was not within the requirements of that time, simply because the concept of what makes up a human being was still very very alien. As a result, these religions mainly taught spiritual development of the individual as well the as the acknowledgment of powerful natural forces which were termed "gods" at the time. There were no detailed society building teachings in these religions, simply because there were no structured societies to organize or provide guidance for.

Again, if we look at the needs and exigencies for each age, through historical research, we will see that the religion that was founded at that time met the needs and provided for the development of the human according to its needs and stage in its evolution, physically, mentally and spiritually.

I'm hoping that a certain amount of rationality is being outlined for what most would deem an irrational aspect of life, namely spirituality and religion Smile

Kam
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Nope, sorry, still remains completely irrational.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Lol

Fair enough....I guess either I'm a bit lost, or you're being a bit unfair mate Smile

Kam
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Other people's metaphysics are always irrational.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
It seems that way lol

You can only try, I would be interested to hear other people's metaphysics however, I love to be out-rationalised....just like I like to be out-double-lifted!

Kam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What are "rights?" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL