The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How does telepathy work? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
Hey there guys!

This topic isn't as stupid as it (probably) sounds. What I would like to know if you have ever considered how your telepathy powers work on a more philosophical level? Or do you just say that you can read minds? I do realize that my question may not be very clear as I have problems putting it into words.

Do you say you are a thought reader? What exactly happens when they think of something? And how can you tap into their mind? What is the mind really? Maybe you do the classical Uri approach and ask them to picture it on a mental 'screen'?

What it really comes down to is, what is the mind? And how can you tap into it?

Philosophically yours,
Daniel Young
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I do this sometimes with my friend in school lol. We just talk in classes. This does take A LOT of practice though. Do a search on google for telepathy.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2839 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
David DeLeon has a nice essay on just this topic, that is posted on the Café. There is also a link to a longer version I believe.

Try http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=16907&forum=14&56.

Bill
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
The mind is a biological prosess that happens within the mind. The neurological patterns memory and current status of being are major factors used to help mold ones mind. The way we react is usually influenced by our environment and what is effecting us. We make up our "Minds" on a course of action, once we evaluate the situation by comparing it with prior experiences. The mind is necessary to survive.
fleischer
View Profile
New user
Sweden
91 Posts

Profile of fleischer
Hi

I use a plot, explaining that the esp is natural and puts it into a "quasi-pshychological" context. That is, talking about how symbols connects us, how the body transmits unaware signals that can be caught up by the sensitive person (thats you!) etcetera.

So, I never say I have supernatural talents really, but after performances there is always some people, both men and women, that think I'm a real psychic. This works out for me, since my stage persona doesn't permit me to "contact the spirits" or whatever.

/Hĺkan - Sweden
Count Zapik
View Profile
Regular user
UK
183 Posts

Profile of Count Zapik
Prof Robert Winston's MIND programme on BBC UK terrestial TV this week looked seriously at how we all learn to read other peoples minds and he was being totally serious about the proposition.

An ability which allowed politicians to out-manoevre each other for example.

Count ZAPIK Smile
I feel as if I have been whisked here from another life....it may even have been my own!
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Well what I do is say “Have you ever heard the phone ring and you know who it is? Have you ever had a dream and it comes true? I am just applying that and have been working on extending it”.

In my book it lets you look more credible as a mentalist since the audience can relate to what you are doing. They see it as something they can do if they practice hard enough.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How does telepathy work? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.57 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL