We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Double Barrel by Bob Solari (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicsoccer
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Magicsoccer
Double Barrel by Bob Solari $20.00 from bobsolarimagic.com

I have had Double Barrel by Bob Solari for a while and just started playing around with it. It is an amazing effect and has gotten great reactions. It is simple, direct and powerful. The gimmick is handmade by Bob and can be used for other effects (my mind is racing with ideas). Bob makes this effect so smooth that you can spend your time focusing on the presentation. This is another extremely clever effect from Bob and is well worth $20.00. I would love to get some ideas on creative ways you are using Double Barrel. Highly recommended.

Description: You show two decks of cards, a blue deck and a red deck. Ask a spectator to select one of the decks and put the other deck in his/her pocket for later. Remove the second deck of cards from its case, shuffle the cards and spread them face up.... normal deck... totally mixed up. Turn the cards over and spread them face down. Ask the spectator to simply touch the back of any card. There is NO FORCE of any kind. It's an absolutely FREE CHOICE! The face of the card is shown to the audience. The back of the card is towards you at all times. The cards are NOT MARKED in any way! The selected card is returned to the deck and the deck is returned to the box. Ask the spectator to concentrate on his/her card. In a flash, you are able to CORRECTLY NAME his/her card! @#$! In addtion, you name a number. Let's say the number is 23. Ask the spectator to remove the first deck from her pocket and count down to the 23rd card. Amazingly it is the SAME CARD as the one she freely selected just moments earlier! DOUBLE BARREL is a killer! The gimmick will absolutely blow you away! Each one is hand made by Bob! Remember: NO forces, NO memory work, NO marked cards! Resets in one second! Immediately repeatable!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Seems interesting, but I do a similar effect (very similar to be honest) with a marked deck ... also very easy to perform and no one suspects gaffed cards of course. What makes this trick stand out in your opinion except not to have to read markings (which is very easy for me) and not have to remember the stack (which also is easy for me as I use the stack a lot)? What other routines would be easy to perform with this special gimmick?
Magicsoccer
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Magicsoccer
The gimmick can be added to any deck and used to identify a card(s) for any effect you want (well made and sneaky). I like the fact the effect doesn't require require a stack.
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
378 Posts

Profile of serge storms
I've used Double Barrel since Bob first came out with it several years ago in my stand up act. It is incredibly strong. I've modified the original set up that Bob uses to better suit my needs as well as go with an existing system I use so for me it covers a lot of ground and has multiple uses if needed.
It seems very fair to the audience (and it really is) but the cleverness of this dual prediction is very hard to reconstruct for a spectator who is trying to figure it out.
"Overkill is Under-rated"
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4952 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2012-01-26 15:47, Magicsoccer wrote:
Double Barrel by Bob Solari $20.00 from bobsolarimagic.com

I have had Double Barrel by Bob Solari for a while and just started playing around with it. It is an amazing effect and has gotten great reactions. It is simple, direct and powerful. The gimmick is handmade by Bob and can be used for other effects (my mind is racing with ideas). Bob makes this effect so smooth that you can spend your time focusing on the presentation. This is another extremely clever effect from Bob and is well worth $20.00. I would love to get some ideas on creative ways you are using Double Barrel. Highly recommended.

Description: You show two decks of cards, a blue deck and a red deck. Ask a spectator to select one of the decks and put the other deck in his/her pocket for later. Remove the second deck of cards from its case, shuffle the cards and spread them face up.... normal deck... totally mixed up. Turn the cards over and spread them face down. Ask the spectator to simply touch the back of any card. There is NO FORCE of any kind. It's an absolutely FREE CHOICE! The face of the card is shown to the audience. The back of the card is towards you at all times. The cards are NOT MARKED in any way! The selected card is returned to the deck and the deck is returned to the box. Ask the spectator to concentrate on his/her card. In a flash, you are able to CORRECTLY NAME his/her card! @#$! In addtion, you name a number. Let's say the number is 23. Ask the spectator to remove the first deck from her pocket and count down to the 23rd card. Amazingly it is the SAME CARD as the one she freely selected just moments earlier! DOUBLE BARREL is a killer! The gimmick will absolutely blow you away! Each one is hand made by Bob! Remember: NO forces, NO memory work, NO marked cards! Resets in one second! Immediately repeatable!

Should always do a search before posting- there is a couple of threads for this already created: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109 Though I agree, it's an awesome trick. Great Gimmick.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1498 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Very nice effect by Bob. He comes up with some neat stuff that is easy to do and has a strong impact. He really puts some thinking into his effects and he charges fair prices. He may not get rich off of these but makes sure they are affordable and withing the price of anyone. This one is fits that bill. You will not go wrong with double barrel and it is something you will use and enjoy as well as the spectators.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I loved the gimmick in this one. So very, VERY sneaky!

You'll feel like Maxwell Smart from the "Get Smart" TV show. That's how clever this thing is. It's definitely a SECRET WEAPON!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
I have this too and from what I hear of his "Omega Gimmick" it's the SAME THING so if you get this don't buy the Omega Gimmick as you already have it.

God Bless, Ed
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1791 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I watched the video. Would certainly be stronger if the spectator named the number. Seems like overall an ACAAN would be more powerful?
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4952 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2014-01-15 10:19, Terry Holley wrote:
I watched the video. Would certainly be stronger if the spectator named the number. Seems like overall an ACAAN would be more powerful?

Possibly. But I think the fact that you can divine the specs card really hits the audience hard which you do not do in a normal ACAAN. I just think having two kicker's really hits the audience. It's truly an impossibility when you think about it- calling the number of the position of the specs freely selected card.

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Double Barrel by Bob Solari (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL